Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Scarlor OOC thread

Spike's homebrew 1st edition AD&D world.

Moderator: spike

spike
Marshall
Marshall
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Scarlor OOC thread

Post by spike »

Out of character thread:

Recruitment Thread:
http://www.padnd.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... 36&start=0
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Re: Scarlor OOC thread

Post by TristenC »

Do you have a favored die-roller site?

If not, I have found UnseenServant.com to be useful.
Free membership allows you to create a Campaign which will be assigned a Campaign ID#
You can logs rolls, link rolls to posts here, and create macros for roll sets you expect to use often.
Players can create characters and assign them to your campaign if they input the campaign ID
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

Interesting site. I created a campaign so I'll definitely be using this one vs. the one I was using (https://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm)
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Cool, someone on this site introduced me to it (Jenara I think) and it has worked well for me. I ised to ise Invisible Castle, but it went down last year and never came back up to my knowledge.

*Let me know what the campaign ID is (should be a 3 digit number) and I'll start rolling.

Do you have a preference for character sheets? (Website, emailes file, in-post, etc)
Do you allow additional NWPs for high int?
I think I am going to go for the Dhampir.

Name: Idrys Stormcrow
Race: Dhampir
Class: Warrior/Assassin (1/1)
Hair: white, close cropped

More later
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

#451 is the ID.

No particular one, however check this out if you haven't yet: http://www.dragonsfoot.org/cs/

Idrys Stormcrow

background

you never knew your parents, they never were a part of your rearing.

You were raised by a hermatic retired soldier, strong of character, a realist, pragmatic and tough. He was Bortaan. The local farmers paid him for protection against countryside brigands that demanded tribute in harvest crops. You bore witness to Bortaan slaughtering an entire gang of the outlaws twirling two longswords in unflinching skill.

Bortaan was tough and unrelenting, teaching you swordsmanship, horsemanship, to read and write, simple maths, and general geography as well as discipline. Time to time, as you came to puberty and discovered your new eyeteeth had sprouted, he would sporadically bring a whore from some neighboring village and thrust her toward you, saying 'take her' calmly. He would grow irrate and agitated 'don't fight it lad, it's part of you...the bad. Don't pay any heed to this slut, she'd murder her own family for a silver coin' .

As time progressed you were able to exert self will and control the size of your fangs, the terrible awful insatiable lust of blood. You discovered that your nails were glass-like and sharp and when starving your face and skin look porcelain and unatrual.

Bortaan was dying, he had the rot inside. The bone rot, the worse of all rots. As he was slowly dying he gives you you a sword, dirk, fitted armor, clothes, and other equipment. He said 'I promised your mother I would watch over you, and I fulfilled that oath. Don't seek her out, she wanted you to live but you're not part of her world, or his. I only lived to serve. **cough.. *Seek the Lords of Dis, they can provide you with answers I lack"

He died the next day, early in the morning.

You left the remote hill country of Thaldiz Glade, heading westerwardly along well maintained highways that cut a snaking swath through patches of dense forested terrain, rolling meadows, flowing streams, vineyards and farmlands.

In a small forest you came upon a group of men, women and children when a storm of arrows rained down...all goes black as two arrows sunk into your back and a pile of bodies smothered you...

(intro will be in the campaign thread)

TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

So, I was trying to roll stats on US (you may see a couple of attempts) and realized something. It won't let me combine 'roll 4, keep 3' and 're-roll 2s or lower', so I'm going to have to do individual die rolls
[1d6r2][1d6r2][1d6r2][1d6r2] drop 1 = 1 stat
Then continue for each ability score. Part of the reason is if you do 4d6k3, even a 14 might have a 2 as one of the die, but you's never know it b/c it doesn't show individual die rolls unless you parse them.

Ok, this is ridiculous. Apparently re-rolling 2s in the die roller means you can still get a 2 on your 2nd roll...
url=http://unseenservant.com/default.asp?do ... 69&macid=0]Idrys Stats 1st score [1d6r2] = 3[1d6r2] = 2[1d6r2] = 2[1d6r2] = 4[/url].
Keeping 3 and 4, rerolling other 2 : Idrys Stats 1st score rerolls [1d6r2] = 6[1d6r2] = 6
Much better.
Keepin 6,6,4 = 16 for 1st stat... now only 5 more stats to go, lol
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

TristenC wrote:So, I was trying to roll stats on US (you may see a couple of attempts) and realized something. It won't let me combine 'roll 4, keep 3' and 're-roll 2s or lower', so I'm going to have to do individual die rolls
[1d6r2][1d6r2][1d6r2][1d6r2] drop 1 = 1 stat
Then continue for each ability score
You might have to simply reroll the 1's + 2's individually as much as a tedium as it sounds and absorb the rerolls.

So go here: https://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm

on the results pane I came up with this:
Roll(4d6)+0:2,4,1,1,+0 Total:8

so have to reroll the 2, 1, and 1 just do it individually with the d6 roller and count any non 1/2 into the initial rolls you created.

e.g.

Roll(4d6)+0:
1,2,4,4,+0
Total:11

rerolling the 1 + 2, I get a 6 and 4, 6+4+4=14.

sorry if its a tedium, at least you'll get decent ability scores. I go with the honor system :) Don't forget you get a +1 to STR and +1 to DEX.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Thanks, I might use the other roller for this bit, but I'll stick with US for my first 2 since I already made rolls for them.
Stat 2: \: Idrys Stats 2nd score [1d6r2] = 3[1d6r2] = 2[1d6r2] = 3[1d6r2] = 2... dangit...
Idrys Stats 2nd score rerolls [1d6r2] = 2[1d6r2] = 5... of course...
2nd reroll also a 2,
Idrys Stats 2nd score 3rd reroll [1d6r2] = 4

Stat #2: 3+4+5= 12

I'll use the wotc roller dor the rest later...
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Rolls:
Roll(4d6)+0:
2,4,6,1,+0
Total:13

Re-roll 2
Roll(2d6)+0:
2,5,+0
Total:7

Re-roll 1
Roll(1d6)+0:
4,+0
Total:4
=6+5+4

Roll(4d6)+0:
3,4,2,6,+0
Total:15

Re-roll 1
Roll(1d6)+0:
4,+0
=6+4+4

Roll(4d6)+0:
1,3,6,6,+0
Total:16
Re-roll 1

Roll(1d6)+0:
4,+0
= 6+6+4

Roll(4d6)+0:
3,4,4,3,+0
Total:14
-------

So base stats are : 16, 12, 15, 14, 16, 11
+1 Str, +1 dex.
I'll work on picking nwps and such.
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

From your background you gain two weapon style, discipline, and horsemanship as bonuses.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Awesome :)
What are the thieving ability adjustments for Dhampir (if any)
And do you allow bonus nwps for high int?
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

TristenC wrote:Awesome :)
What are the thieving ability adjustments for Dhampir (if any)
And do you allow bonus nwps for high int?
You get +15% MS , +15% F/RT, +10% HS, and +5% RL except assassins don't gain thieving abilities until 3rd level :)

here's some more notes for you:

at 6th level, dhampir gain any one of the dark heritage abilities:

spider climb at will
spectral vision: can see invisible or astral at 3'
extruded vision: can see far away up to 200 peripheral
regeneration: 1 hp/hr.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Bummer on the 3rd lvl thing (I guess I can't just scale it down 2 lvls, huh? :D kidding ;) )

Neat stuff on the Dhampir. Is that lvl 6 in any one class or is it different for Multi-classers? I guess it won't matter for a while, though...
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

Actually when you reach 3/3, technically that'll be 6.
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

ok i'm thinking Dwemer male fighter so far that's all i got ill look at doing the rolls at some point today i like that i can create and invent new devices iv always wanted to play a game with a pile bunker as a weapon
Last edited by Rivi on Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Characters:
Demiplane of Dread - Cross aka the dagger mage
Classic Puzzle-Cait aka the angel of death
Tales from Golden City-max aka Lady Red Fox
The Forge-dm
Genwald-Elden aka the SoulForger