Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Scarlor OOC thread

Spike's homebrew 1st edition AD&D world.

Moderator: spike

spike
Marshall
Marshall
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Scarlor OOC thread

Post by spike »

spider climb: x3/day, requires concentration/INT, 1 hr duration
spectral vision: x3/day, one hour duration

@Karlene:: you sense your mind is fortified against magic that affects the mind (e.g. charm person, emotion, chaos, fear) with 50% MR and +2 to saving throws.

Idrys: yes, 1st level thief abilities with:

+10% hide in shadows
+10% move silently
+5% open locks
+5% hear noises
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

@Spike1 - the @Karlane comment is cool. I'll add it in to the char sheet. Thanks.

@Spike2 - Just to clarify, who gets the "spider climb: x3/day, requires concentration/INT, 1 hr duration & spectral vision: x3/day, one hour duration" ?

@Spike3 - Just found some notes that I'd lost: Trunks told us to find Hedge in Harby. Have we? Do we still need to? How far are we from Harby?

@Spike4 - You were going to scan in the Black officer's map (maybe documents too). "...a tiny but well drawn map, on the back are notes. It appears to point to an underground dungeon that is titled DWEMER CITY. Theres a little blurb on the back that reads 'Scroll of mapping, fragments are hidden in the city in five locations. One is in a hallow shaft of a halberd, and another in an automaton. Drow thief stole #4, and #5 is in the royal museum of Corealus, capitol of Nyr..." Can we see copy of that too, please?

@Tristen - Been whittling away at the list of accumulated 'stuff'. Please add 7g 12s to your char sheet. Missed that before. Not important in the scheme; just I'm a pedant (and stuff left open irritates me no end). I've kep a couple of gold from this o replace the paper etc for the forger.
Last edited by Chris1234 on Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The spider climb and spectral vision were for idrys. I'll add the gold and the 130 something split from the sale of the other stuff in a moment
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Going through stuff again, found I'd missed:
spike wrote:Spider sneers at Karlene, 'three hundred!? You are quite the greedy little girl. ...I will give you and Idrys a hundred to split between yourselves'...
so looks like you should add +50gps to char sheet. (may not matter at the end of the day but sometimes a bribe can be the fastest way..)
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

thanks. i have trouble keeping up
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Me too, tbh. Just I can be annoyingly complete-ist.
Although it means I end up doing 3 or 4x as much work on it, I figure it's something like what Photographic Memory does effortlessly.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

spike wrote:Map: you discover the location of seven watcher safehouses, each is outfitted with food, weapons, water, secure sleeping quarters, entertainment, and training facilities. There is also a vault where you can store valuables.
@ Spike1: Watcher safehouses? Or Imperial safehouses? (I thought it was the latter)

@ Spike2: Did Meagan get 'on her way' (with Karlane's Letter of Introduction) to the temple of Lor? If yes, I can delete from the 'To Do' list. If not known, Karlane will need to go back and check. (I'm assuming there's a degree of latitude here sue to the rapidity with which some of the scenes have over taken their predecessors.) I don't need the detail, just a GM "nod" is fine.. Thx!!

@ Spike3: +1 elven scale mail, trying to get my head round this one (re: possibility of trying to still be able to do thiefy stuff). Looks to me like this:
Chain mail is fairly-bulky, 30lb, Mv 9" (DMG p239) and
Elven chain mail is non-bulky, 15lb, Mv 12" (DMG p239). So:
Scale mail is fairly-bulky, 40lb, Mv 6" (DMG p239) and by analogy
Elven scale mail would be is non-bulky, 20lb, Mv 9". However,
Magical armour (any) is considered as virtually weighless (DMG p164), but I've always played it at -20% wt per magical "+" and one encumbrance category lighter. Then,
+1 Elven scale mail would be non-bulky, 16lb, Mv 12".
What's your take on this?

@Spike4: Is it correct that Karlane's religion would not permit her to use the glassteel sword?

@Spike5: (Repost of one that slipped thru the net) - Just found some notes that I'd lost: Trunks told us to find Hedge in Harby. Have we? Do we still need to? How far are we from Harby? Edit (9 Dec) - Looks like this one's redundant; we take the NE road.

@Spike6: (Repost of another one that slipped thru the net) - You were going to scan in the Black officer's map (maybe documents too). "...a tiny but well drawn map, on the back are notes. It appears to point to an underground dungeon that is titled DWEMER CITY. There's a little blurb on the back that reads 'Scroll of mapping, fragments are hidden in the city in five locations. One is in a hallow shaft of a halberd, and another in an automaton. Drow thief stole #4, and #5 is in the royal museum of Corealus, capitol of Nyr..." Can we see copy of that too, please?
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

Watcher safehouses, at first you thought they were black imperial safehouses because they were disguised on the map to appear that way but you study and read some coded words that reveal the truth about them. You think it was a spy trick for watchers to have black guard up on the food chain go to one of them and get themselves captured.

Meagan did, from what Erodan said Ash took her away during the ensuing chaos in Harby.

Hedge is in the outskirts of Harby, nearby, not far. You're just outside of town actually.

From you and Idrys's studying, analysis of the significant bulk of materials (great roleplay, btw) coupled with the secret of the engravings room you have a significant insight into what is going on, but it will take you two days to process the material and get a firmer grasp of all that you've acquired thus far.

Karlene can wield the glass sword.

The scale mail is not elvish, it's 'Holy Armor', it is crafted by human smiths. There's also an elven hauberk (elvish chain) which is available (not to confuse the two). The holy armor can be worn by clerics and you can cast spells in them without any hitches. It was made by clerics FOR clerics :)
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Would either of the chain mails be allowed for an assassin without penalty by virtue of them being elven make?
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

There's only one chainmail and that's the elvish one, the other is scale (the holy armor).

The elven hauberk wouldn't be too much of a damper on thieving, so long as you're wearing it underneath garb to conceal it (the reflective nature of it would automatically impose a -5% to hide in shadows).

This particular suit has slits woven into the ribcage region which appear to hold throwing daggers.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Idrys is content with the chimaera leather, but would let Karlene take first pick. He might use the glassteel as his second weapon with the invisible sword as main, but with the advice to use a shorter weapon in conjunction with the longsword he will seek to change up the way he has been fighting in general.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

@Spike - Boots of Elvenkind, 1st Ed cites (DMGp139) these as "...enable the wearer to move without sound of footfall in virtually any surroundings...{including} over a normally creaky floorboard..."
Are you running them as above?
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Idrys was attacking the one going after karlene, and she the one after him. I'm not sure why you had idrys stab the one she put to sleep unless they both were attacking karlene?
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

That was the plan. Karlane sees that he's going for her attacker so she gives him some relief (a round at least, stand up time on top) from the one intending to throw a trident at Idrys.
spike
Marshall
Marshall

Post by spike »

Boots of elvenkind: yep, you can walk on broken glass and not make a sound.

@Tristan: the first masked trident attacker was coming upon Karlene, who Karlene happened to command asleep. You want to pass up on an instant kill to move toward the second and allow the first to possibly have further assailed Karlene? Meaning, you were trying to engage the farthest one as opposed to the nearest who was more of a viable threat?

The second you will only be able to attack at the very end of the melee round. The one asleep will awake next round and further attack Karlene while you're engaged with #2 then.