Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Jerry Greystar (Chris1234)- Private Thread

A 2E game set in the mysterious realm of Ravenloft.

Moderator: TristenC

Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Jerry Greystar (Chris1234)- Private Thread

Post by Chris1234 »

Makes sense I think. Priority is:
1) Any that need to recover spells that have cast healing spells on the party (Art)
2) Any others that need to recover spells (none known)
3) Those badly hurt (Elsa, Pytor)

So if another character comes forward and (during the 18h) casts healing of those in need of it then they can substitute for Pytor and then Elsa.

I hope I'm explaining myself well enough..
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Jerry's Chance to Learn = 95%

From Adran:
Levitate (success), 2 pages
Web (success), 4 pages
======
Levitate 95% [1d100] = 47
Web 95% [1d100] = 37
Pages [1d6+1] = 1+1 = 2, [1d6+1] = 3+1 = 4
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Jerry can attempt a spellcraft check at -4 to try to identify the spell Radags used.

For the second nap, now might be a good time for her to propose it in-game and see who else she wants to affect. Ellsa is only just-now able to regain her spells.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Jerry's Chance to Learn = 95%

From Cross:
Invisibility (success), 6 pages
Summon Swarm (success), 7 pages but insufficient pages remain. Need to make a new spellbook.

======
Invisibility, Summon Swarm TN95% [1d100] = 27, [1d100] = 44
Pages [1d6+1] = 5+1 = 6, [1d6+1] = 6+1 = 7
Last edited by Chris1234 on Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

When sitting down next to Merrick, Jerry puts aside her tiredness and focuses on him.
If he doesn't meet her eyes, she gives him a very gentle prod and makes a 'cat needs attention and feeding' noise. And repeats it until she has his attention.
If she can get him to crack a smile then so much the better. "How're we doing, Merrick? Yep, that meean you. And me. That 'we'." She tries light-heartedly to draw him out to find out what's up. That includes offers of anything in her spell book. And of anything else she might concievably offer once they get back to a reputable inn. Or just an inn for that matter.

======
TristenC wrote:Jerry can attempt a spellcraft check at -4 to try to identify the spell Radags used...
I assumed the -4 comes off the TN rather than the roll:
Spellcraft TN17-4 [1d20] = 12
Hopefully a successs..
TristenC wrote:...For the second nap, now might be a good time for her to propose it in-game and see who else she wants to affect...
Thanks for the prompt! Done.

TristenC wrote:...Ellsa is only just-now able to regain her spells.
I thought Jerry probably wouldn't know that so left it open for Elsa to say, "Me! I can!" :)
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

success, barely. Though it is not a priest spell Jerry actually knows, she is aware of one called Feign Death, which puts the target in a sleep like death that is almost indistinguishable from it. However, she does know that spell requires the target's consent. This must be either a special modification (not something easily done with priestly magic) or a different spell. Also, it seemed to trigger off of the staff itself, as there was no casting done by the Hag during that round.

Yes, hinted about Elsa in her comments to help with that

I'll add the other spells to the sheet now
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Thx very much
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

A few loose ends:

Does Jerry have the faintest idea what's wrong with Merrick? Illness? Horror? Disease? Possession?
"What is it, Merrick? Is it me? Have I done something wrong?"
She desperately wants him and needs to talk to him.

From Pyros's pile was anything written on the 'rolled up piece of fine quality paper'? Or on the 'piece of cheap parchment'?
And did she recognise any of the stuff as hers? e.g. the small metal mirror?
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[From what she can tell, he is just kind of zoned out and possibly contemplating recent events]

He answers her absently at first, No. No, i mean... it's just.. the last few days have been so... bizarre! Until recently, a normal day for me was just... minding my cousin's shop. Now we're in the middle of a cavern of some unholy priestess with skeletons the size of mansions and gods only know what else... he shakes his head disbelievingly.

===
none of the papers in pyros' pile have any markings on them.
The mirror is not hers, and none of the other stuff seems familiar to her
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Finishing up the 'Before the Nap' loose ends:

Jerry grasps Merrick by the hands and catches his eye. "Look at me, Merrick. That's right, look at me!" She holds his hands and his eyes. "I'm in a different world, damnit. But I'm not losing my shit. I'm here right now. I'm here for you! You hear me? Together we will get out of this. But I need you, too! Now get yourself together and work with me. Now, say after me: 'Together we will get out of this'." If they get this far she tries to lighten him up, "Now, say after me: 'You're beautiful, Jerry, and I love you'." The last is punctuated with a squeeze of the hands, twinkling of her eyes and the smallest of chuckles. "Ok, I need you to watch over me while I'm out of it (with the 'Nap' spell). Please."

Whilst rummaging through the 'Pyros pile' Jerry takes the pair of sling bullets* as Pyros didnt't say "no".
She also takes 'another piece of charcoal', and the chalk**
If the rolled up piece of paper (fine quality) is good enough to make a spell scroll then she'll take that too.
  • (Jerry will check with Pyros after the Nap that he's ok with her having these odd and ends).
======
* 'Lead sling bullet' and 'pretty sling bullet'.
** 'Blue chalk (1 piece)'.

Afterthought:
Would the 'Tiny 4oz hammer head' be ok, if fitted with a wooden handle, as the material component for a Spiritual Hammer spell ?
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

That's the other thing. You are not from this world. What if we find the crown, even if it works, and you are all able to leave. I was born in Ravenloft. Would I even be able to leave? This place is full of nightmares and horrors, that I avoided as much as possible. Now i find myself wading into the middle of them. We don't know if this crown can do what you want it to. And if it does, I'm betting it wont matter in my case.

When she prepares for the nap, he nods absently in agreement to watch over her.

====
The rolled piece of fine quality paper is nowhere near large enough for a spell scroll
once Pyros consents, Jerry can acquire the 2 sling bullets and chalk
The tiny hammer will not work for Spiritual Hammer as that specifically requires "a normal warhammer"
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Before going across to cast the Nap spell Jerry replies, "If you can't, or won't, come with me then I would stay here with you, if you would consent." She touches his cheeck and kisses him gently.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

======
Pyros has given the nod so when you get time please would you add these to the character sheet:
  • charcoal x1
    blue chalk x1
    sling bullet (lead) x1
    sling bullet (pretty) x1
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

added
Chris1234
Emperor