Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Jerry Greystar (Chris1234)- Private Thread

A 2E game set in the mysterious realm of Ravenloft.

Moderator: TristenC

Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Jerry Greystar (Chris1234)- Private Thread

Post by Chris1234 »

"Agreed then. I just need to settel up my costs for materials," Jerry replies. "Thank you!"

She slips out to find Merrick..

"Hey there, Merrick! You know my spell book's full and I've been working on making another one rather than waiting months to accumulate five thousand golld? I'm still about two-fifty short on what I owe for materials. Can you help me with that? Please?"

======
OOC: It was intended as an IC reflection. :)

OK, so that deal leaves 625gps Jerry owes for materials for her spell book but only has 389.18gps. /color]
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

======
OOC: Do Jerry and Merrick get to the shop unmolested?
Does Merrick have any comments on her quietly spoken queries to him?
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[Apologies, things irl got active this weekend]
Chris1234 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:49 am She holds on tight, "Let's move away, towards the shop."

Without other ears flapping she tells him of her nightmare and, "...I've only just realised theese muder victims, the women, thay all resemble me. Last night's bad dream, well, it ended exactly as this last murder, right down to the poor girl's position on the steps. Have you heard the like before? Even if the locals never talk about it? You know you can tell me.. anything!"
As they walk, Merrick responds. You mean... you saw the body in your dream? What... what else happened? Did... did you see who did it?! He shakes his head in regards to hearing anytging similar. Occasionally someone will say they have seen something in a dream, but usually it is nothing. Wishful thinking or self-fulfilling apprehension, you know. What is the phrase? "you can make someone believe anything they want to be true, or fear to? But something like this... the closest thing I can think of is when you sketched an exact, detailed drawing of the crown in that fugue state... before we had ever seen it anywhere but a dream.

Shortly the pair arrive at the shop
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"In my dream, it was my father," Jerry whispers, face the colour of bleached bone. (She's previously told Merrick about her father's vampiricism.) "I need a moment. Hold me, please."

A few dozen beaths later the Mystran has composed herself and she continues the business of securing her new spellbook..
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Y... your father?! Merrick blurts out. He seems stunned a moment, but holds her back. Do you... you really think it could be him? he asks, obviously concerned
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"He shouldn't be able to be here. That said, neither should I," answers Jerry after a moment's thought. "I'd like to stake the b****** but he's too powerful. Some precauttions though would be in order. Those I know about. We need to go shopping after this. First though, let's go get this book of mine finished."
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Do you think... even all together we could stop him? Merrick asks.

As they enter the shop, Jerry finds the papermaker in the middle of filling a small order. The scent of damp wood and chemicals fills the air.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Hello, Master Papermaker Extraorinaire!" Jerry greets him, trying to sound more cheerful than she feels. That's a pretty low bar!
"Come to settle up, and then I can get my book bound."

======
OOC: Not certain of the split of cash, here versus at the bookbinders, buut happy to FF through it just deducting the total amount outstanding.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[OOC] Basically half and half to each the bookbinder and papermaker. So 625 each. The bookbinder has already been paid in spell trade.
The cash for the papermaker is for the raw matls, tools and use of the space. I think she has put in abt 2 days of work so far, and the book says it will take about a week to do all the work. I'll call it a 'work week' of 5 days.

Let's see...
75 from pyros, 175 from Merrick => 250 loaned

cash she has
11 PP, 41 gp, 5 EP, 17 SP, 27 CP
+ 285gp, 7sp, 1cp from her share of the cavern treasure
=> 11pp, 326 gp 5ep 24sp 27 cp => 386.27gp value cash +250 => 636.27
so if she pays it all now she'll have 11gp 2sp 7cp left.
[/ooc]
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

OOC: Sounds right, but I think the 75g waspossibly from Mira (?). And Merrick I believe was going to take services in lieu.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

(Yeah, Merrick was willing to do trading. Ah, good catch it was Mira)
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"So how's business today? Looks lkike you've got plenty on just now," comments Jerry, pretending to be chipper.

======
OOC: TY!
In passing, what was the papermaker's name?
And the bookbinder also?
Only been a few game days but maybe a year or two for me
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[Germaine is the bookbinder who runs The Stone. The papermaker is Imer Porteau. No worries, if you ever forget their names are listed in the Acquired Party Knowledge thread under their shops.]

Imer looks up, Oh... nothing too strenuous. A small order for delicate music paper from one of the well-to do. Back to work on your pet project, I presume? he asks, conversationally
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Yes, exactly so, Mister Porteau," Jerry replies. "Hey, did you here about that awful thing earlier? Some poor girl murdrered?"
She counts out the money. "Anyway, here's what I do, or will, owe you."

======
OOC: I thought she'd worked more on it than that... looonnngggg days.. (and while I was 'offline'..)
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[She did a lot of work while learning papermaking, but none of that contributed to her spellbook pages as she was basically offering her work in exchange for his teaching/training. She asked him about using his shop to make her own pages just before they left for the crown, so she got some time in right before they left, and then on the day they got back (yesterday, in-game).]

Murders? I have heard about them, so there was another? I haven't really been following it. he admits. He blinks as she brings out the full amount for the pages. Well... that's quite a sum... Yes I believe that will cover it. You're welcome to come in any time I'm open to work on them, provided it doesn't interfere with the business of course. Umm.. I suppose if your friend there is willing to lend you a hand you can show him a bit as well.

====
If Jerry wants to start showing Merrick a little about papermaking, he can count as half-time so that a full day of both of them working would count as 1.5 days towards her goal. She can give him the simple parts ;)