Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Jerry Greystar (Chris1234)- Private Thread

A 2E game set in the mysterious realm of Ravenloft.

Moderator: TristenC

TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Jerry Greystar (Chris1234)- Private Thread

Post by TristenC »

Moving inside the familiar sounds of a humble inn greet the pair. A warm fire has been laid in the wide stone hearth against the damp and the chill air of the night. Sturdy wooden tables and chairs as well as a handful of cushioned booths furnish the broad room, with one short serving counter at the end opposite the fire; where a small door leads back undoubtedly to the kitchens. The scent of stews, meats, root vegetables and other hearty winter fare wafts throughout the establishment. A man in his late 20s in a white apron tends the bar, and a pair of serving girls moves among the group taking and serving orders.

A mix of patrons populate the commons. Dark haired and violet eyed locals, as well as others with a middle class air have come to sup and enjoy the music; which it seems may have just ended. One booth in the corner seems to have the widest variety of clientele, as a half- elven couple in robes sit across from a white-haired Elf (with a large raven of all things perched on his shoulder), and a human man with brown hair in the tabard of a knight of some kind.

Around smaller round table, one obviously pulled up beside the booth for the group to sit together, there is a collection of other humans; and a halfling, of all things. A redheaded woman with a lute across her back speaks to a willowy blonde lady beside her, both attired for performing music. Seated at the table is a dark haired woman in odd leather with dozens of pockets made into it (Del), and a dark haired man with a bit of a slouch (Gregor). The halfling speaks to them in the common tongue in a conversational tone.

Two other newcomers enter the inn, a man and a woman in leather armors and bristling with weapons. They have to look of fighters about them and seem confused. Mira strolls up and greets them
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

In passing, as a Dweomerkeeper (specialty priest of Mystra) Jerry can read any magical writings and does not actually need to memorise the Read Magic spell.

Refreshing my memory: I recall that Jerry needs a new spellbook and that she has NWP Papermaking but not Bookbinding. She was working hard on making extra paper for the bookbinder so that she would get a lower price (and tuition) in bookbinding. Agreed result is that she needs 1250gps for materials towards a new spellbook (as her first one is full). Her total coinage totals 389.18gps. Is there a possibility for Jerry to have sold a spell or two somewhere? Or performed another (magical) service for coin? (The latter possibly to the bookbinder or papermaker?) Or selling a protective amulet or two is another possibility?
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

how do you want to split Jerry's 155 general xp ?
Cleric/Mage
Total: 13,652/9,688 +155 general (player split) xp (20,000/10,000 TNL)
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

All into Mage, please.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Ok, so Total: 13,652/9,843 xp (20,000/10,000 TNL)
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Agreed.

Did the queries 5 pots above (Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:01 am) slip through the net?
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Sorry, yeah it fell off of my radar this week
Chris1234 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:01 am In passing, as a Dweomerkeeper (specialty priest of Mystra) Jerry can read any magical writings and does not actually need to memorise the Read Magic spell.
Correct
Chris1234 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:01 am Refreshing my memory: I recall that Jerry needs a new spellbook and that she has NWP Papermaking but not Bookbinding. She was working hard on making extra paper for the bookbinder so that she would get a lower price (and tuition) in bookbinding. Agreed result is that she needs 1250gps for materials towards a new spellbook (as her first one is full). Her total coinage totals 389.18gps. Is there a possibility for Jerry to have sold a spell or two somewhere? Or performed another (magical) service for coin? (The latter possibly to the bookbinder or papermaker?) Or selling a protective amulet or two is another possibility?
I can't remember if she had tried to sell a copy of a spell in the Stone here in Skald yet or not. Typically i would say it has to be something the shop would find they could make money on selling as well that they don't already have.

Actually, I don't think they had previously asked Germaine in The Stone about the list of spells he has available. I'll have to pull that up tonight when i get home, but it is possible she would have something he'd be interested in. We can say it all happebed during her time today.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

TY!
(Just trying to scrape together the outstanding coin for materials for the spellbook)
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Ok, Germaine has the spells listed below, which he wouldn't need. Which of Jerry's spells would she be offering to sell him a copy of?

L1: Bigby's Bookworm Bane, Burning Hands, Chromatic Orb, Dictation, March, Read Magic, Shield

L2: Irritation, Levitate, Protection from Birds

L3: Dispel Fog, Infravision

Edit to add: I presume she is (or has? I can't recall off-hand) letting Germaine know she would like to have him do the book-binding once she has the paper sorted?
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Yes, she has let him know, and that's why she made extra paper (pages) for him too.

Jerry would like to learn:
1: Bigby's Bookworm Bane, Dictation, March
L2: Irritation, Protection from Birds
L3: Dispel Fog, Infravision (but these L3 spells would need to be as a scroll or somesuch as Jerry cannot caost l3 spells yet).

She's happy to let him learn:
Lvl1: Armour, Comprehend Languages, Copy, Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Hold Portal, Identify, Invisibility, Magic Missile, Phantasmal Force, Phantom Armor, Sleep, Wall of Fog
Lvl2: Echoes, Invisibility, Web

I know that the spells she's (potentially) learnng aren't enormously useful by it's part of the teachings of Mystra to go learn (& spread) magic. Priority is getting a new spell book though. If need be she can do without the L3 spells, particularly Infravision as she has this naturally).
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Alrigh, let's see. Germaine isn't the easiest person to deal with (as Merrick mentioned once before) so let's get a Cha check.

I think he's likely to be amenable to counting the spell trade against the future cost of the book-binding.
Jerry recording new spells would be deferred to when she has the new book so she has room to copy them.

He won't have any scrolls prepared, so the level 3 stuff i guess won't be part of the deal.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Nice.

Ok, Germain is interested in the spells below, and will agree to forego the cost of book-binding and allow her to record up to 4 spell levels of his in exchange for copying them.

Lvl1: *Armour, *Comprehend Languages, *Copy, *Detect Magic, *Identify, *Magic Missile, *Sleep
Lvl2: *Invisibility, *Web
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Should you not quite understand any of those spells, I'd be happy to let you have another try when you feel it's the right time. If you're happy to supply the same courtesy and provide some table space, a chair and the writing stuff then we have a deal!" exclaims Jerry, flushing slightly with the sheer joy of being albe to spread magical knowledge. Generally this place, this plane, feels so restrictive, almost claustrophobic, in that respect.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

(yeah, this particular domain is kind of... xenophobic might be too strong of a word, but something in that vein. Then again, a lot of Ravenlof t is like that.)

Germaine nods, It seems we have a deal, then. I can get started on the book when i have the papers.