Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Jerry Greystar (Chris1234)- Private Thread

A 2E game set in the mysterious realm of Ravenloft.

Moderator: TristenC

TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Jerry Greystar (Chris1234)- Private Thread

Post by TristenC »

np
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

When she emerges from the 'Nap' Jerry seeks out Merrick and gives him a hug. "Thank you. For watching over me."
If he seems to have gathered himself, she leans back to look into his eyes and asks, "Well, would you? Consent?"

======
Whether Merrick seems (relatively) normal, or not, will have some inflence on Jerry's spell selection..
e.g. 2.Detect Charm

Doesn't Merrick have any interest at all in learning any of Jerry's spells?

TristenC wrote:[After the nap]... I will need to consult Marta, once we are done in this canyon...
Does Jerry know who Marta is?
Last edited by Chris1234 on Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

I... I would happily go with you, to escape this place... But... if you have the chance to be free of it... you should take it, whether or not I am able to follow...

===
Merrick seems relatively normal, just reacting to the various borderline insane stimuli he has been exposed to over the last few days.

Merrick has indicated more than once that the practice of wizards handing over their spellbooks to others to be picked over a practice he finds unsettling at best, and quite disturbing at worst. He has never asked to see hers, and has always politely declined when others ask him. today is no different.

I think Pytor mentioned Marta once in Jerry's hearing back when they first met.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Jerry kisses Mrrick and hugs him like there's no tomorrow.
"I think I'm beginning to understand," she adds, tapping where she keeps her spell book. "It's like being out in public with no clothes on, right?"

With a cheeky smile, not a set of muscles she's used much over the years, she gives his neat bottom a squeeze, "I'm fine with that, for you. But right now I need to concentrate and pray for spells. I'm glad you're with me!" The derriere gets another double squeeze before being released.

Blowing a kiss to Merrick, she settles down to the serious business of replacing her spells.

When spells are regained Jerry needs to talk again to Merrick and probably also Mira, hopefully both before the group engage in whatever next strenuous activity.

======
1.Colour Spray, Magic Missile;
2.Web.

1.Cure Light Wounds, Cure Light Wounds, Cure Light Wounds, Protection from Evil, Regenerate Light Wounds;
2.Cure Moderate Wounds, Idea.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Before things get moving in earnest Jerry snuggles up to Merrick holding on to his arm, head against his shoulder and says so only be can hear, "I noticed the strangest thing and I think there's something odd going on but I can't quite make sense of it.." She pauses, looking up at his face to see if he thinks she's mad or if she's trying his patience.
Last edited by Chris1234 on Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Though he has been pensive recently, her concern catches his attentiion a little more. Something odd? What have you observed?

====
he is not being intentionally obtuse his attitude is just typically apathetic or laissez faire except when he feels in danger
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Jerry hugs her man and whispers, "When Adrestia joined us, I was susppicious about her. I can't even remember what it was now. Just something didn't seem right. I can drive you nuts, I know, but when I've ignored this sort of feeling before it's ended badly."

She gives his another squeeze, shakes her head, and continues, "OK, the hag put Adrestia down with a single spell, I think from the staff. The spell was 'Feign Death', which is pretty much what it says, but it only works on a willing subject. Sounds like I'm conspiracy-theory nuts, I know. But there's something untoward going on there." Jerry gives him a worried look, "I need help to make sense of it, please.."

A little later, "Hey, Merrick, did you notice what happened to the hag's staff? Did we bring it?"
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Do... do you really think Adrestia was faking? he seems to consider it briefly, But why would she do that? What point? She fought alongside us before with those creatures and the skeletons.

The staff went down with the temple... I... had thought to try to grab it, but with the debris falling all around us it seemed impossible.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Honestly, I don't know, but I know what I saw and I'm certain that I'm right in this," answers Jerry. "Right in the same way that I called out the hag in the first place."
She pauses to collect her thoughts, "I'm certain that my understanding, my interpretation of what I saw is correct. It's the 'why', the motive that is clouded. That is the concerning thing. It's like we've had a glimpse under the veil of this place, this plane of existance, perhaps by Mystra's Will. We must just be aware and to look for inconsistencies and for paterns between them. Is there anything about this place, this world I mean, not this cave, that you have not yet told me? Any 'glimpse under the veil' of your own? No matter how nuts it may seem?" She holds onto Merrick tighter than she means to, as if to express shat she trusts him with her life..
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

She prods Merrick, "Well? What do you have to say? Surely you have an opinion?"
Last edited by Chris1234 on Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[lol]

Honestly... I think that's a bit of a reach. Yes, you were right about the hag, but that was a little different since you said you... caught her thoughts? he seems a little uncomfortable at the idea. Do you really believe that it's impossible that it wasn't the same spell, or a different variation? Besides, like you said it came from the staff. It might operate differently that way... I'm not saying either is impossible, but... her 'betraying' us by passing out in the middle of battle doesn't make any sense to me. If she were going to betray us... wouldn't she just help the hag attack?

He considers her question about 'glimpses under the veil' but shakes his head. Not really... but I have lived in this world my whole life, so i'm not sure what you would consider different... maybe the nightmares. Just because all of you seem so unused to them.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Being right about that doesn't mean being wrong about the 'other thing'. Spell variation embedded in a staff and it's random use at that time is unlikely but is possible. If so, it doesn't mean anything and isn't still a threat," spouts Jerry, quietly but urgently. "The other thing is possible and would still be a threat. Just means we haven't figured out the details. Could mean that the hag attack wasn't considered important; if so, something else is. Just we haven't figured it out yet." She breaks off, releived and joyous to have someone to share her 'brain-aches' with. "Hey, Merrick, you know what?"
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

And being right about that doesn't mean being right about the 'other thing'. he retorts. If the attack that almost killed half of us wasn't important, I shudder to think what is... The other half elf shakes his head incredulously, turning so she is in his periphery... The emotion drains grom him like water through a sieve, and he replies mechanically to the last, Know what?
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Well, I've been thinking. Actually not thinking. Feeling really. Totally not in connection to anything we've just talked about. Apart from the fact it's we'. And the thing is that I've decided that the answer to the important question is 'Yes'," she says with a beaming smile at Merrick and a squeeze of his hand for punctuation. "Just is case you were wondering. But it's your question. Totally. No pressure."
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Merrick looks genuinely confused