Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Jerry Greystar (Chris1234)- Private Thread

A 2E game set in the mysterious realm of Ravenloft.

Moderator: TristenC

Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Jerry Greystar (Chris1234)- Private Thread

Post by Chris1234 »

No, Jerry trusts Elsa implicitly. IActually pretty much all of those she has adventured with before, although one woman that joined them (NPC) she's still undecided about.

She's habitually careful about what she says in front of Pyros not because she doesn't trust him just that he's, well, so extremely Kender.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

As the half-elven couple work, Merrick muses quietly to Jerry. so... if this truly is your father, and he presumably Knows where we are staying... What do we do tonight? I must admit, my knowledge of certain undead is somewhat limited. The are Vampires in Sithicus, but I'm not sure of the differences between there and your world... and I haven't given them any serious study, personally.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Jerry thinks about it and then tells him.

======
OOC: She's an Undead Hunbter and knows that stuff. I'm not, so am struggling here.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[ooc] She would not know much of Ravenloft style vampires, but her father was created as a Vampire on her homeworld. The suggestion that there may be differences is a player-hint to you that there may be differences. As for Jerry's father; she might suspect he is of the type she is familiar with (though she knows there are slight variations).

Since she is an Undead Hunter with a focus on Vampires, you can basically just read the Monster Manual entry on Western vampires and presume that as a baseline.[/ooc]
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Jerry recounts to Merrick from her studies, "A Faerunian vampire casts no reflection in a mirror, casts no shadows and can move in complete silence. Physically it is very strong, can Charm with its gaze and absrob life energies through its touch. It is immune to Charm, Sleep and Hold magicsas well as poison or paralysis and resistant to Cold or Electrical spells. They are repelled by garlic, or a strongly presented mirror or lawful good holy symbol. Magical weapons or holy water or (lawful good) holy symbols to harm it and even then it regenerate unless 'killed' whereupon it turns into a gas and returns to its coffin. Direct sunlight orimmersion in running water for a while will kill it. It's paralysed by a wooden stake through the heart. Subsequent beheading and stuffing its mouth with holy wafers will kill it."
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Merrick considers the information. I have some... magical attacks prepared, but not much. Im afraid I won't be much help... he hesitates. What is the plan, if he comes back tonight?

====
Jerry would also know that a 'public house' like a tavern requires no invitation to a vampire.

Additionally, a Bless spell focused on a single weapon can allow it to harm a vampire as if it were magical (no bonus to hit or dmg, just qualifies as a valid item for doing damage)
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"It may not enter a private dwelling without invitation but may Charm anyone opening the door or window and so forth to gain that invitation. A weapon that has been blessed would also be able to harm the vampire," she answers, no longer considering herself related to the creature that was once her father. "If we can finish my spellbook today, then find somewhere private to stay overnight, not the inn though that is a public place that such as he may freely enter, then on the morrow we can seek out his lair."
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Merrick hesitates, But... what about the others? I mean our friends and the staff at the inn? Surely if he knows where you were, he will come again tonight... At the very least we should warn our allies of the threat that may rear it's head tonight. If they expect a simple mortal skulker and are met with... Merrick shivers, despite himself. What about an ambush of some kind? I don't know hardly as much as you about the undead, but we have several magic users and some new... acquaintances we've not got the measure of yet... is it possible as a group we could take care of the threat together? Or... well if not, why not hunt for his lair today and work on the paper tomorrow? I wouldn't even know how to go about honing in on something like that...

Regarding finishing the spell-book today, It seems we have some little ways to go before even the paper is ready, and I'm sure it will take a few days for Germaine to finish binding it; having watched my cousin work. Also... We should probably be careful about traveling after sundown. If we spend the full day here, it will be past dark before we cross town; much less trying to find some other place to stay...
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

She nods. "We've done some hours here. Let's go look for the others to warn them at least. Then maybe look for his lair, assuming he doesn't just materialise out of the mist."
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

(it's a little after noon, so this will count for 3/4 of a day of prep with Jerry and Merrick's combined efforts. I'll say with the pace of conversation and all you can arrive back at the Broken Wheel at the current main thread time. She would arrive in time to hear from outside Airand's entrance and remarks. I will do one more post in that thread now, and then you should be clear to follow after.)

=====
3/4 of a day added to to Jerry's Paper-making efforts
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

(OK. I will wait for you to cue me in to whichever scene.)

------
I don't see the 3/4 of a day on the char sheet
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

She can walk into the Broken Wheel scene. whenever you're ready or I'll mention her in my next post after I have action from the 3 in combat elsewhere.

I had added it to my offline notes but I can put it on the sheet as well
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

I'veposted a generic 'Jerry returns..' in the main thread.
You can take that to where and whenever you want
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

"You trust these two?"
I presume she means Airand and Azais?

She would recognize both of them from Mira's previous shows. They were usually with Laisa and seem sincere
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Was Laisa the unfortunate girl that was killed on the steps?