Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Jerry Greystar (Chris1234)- Private Thread

A 2E game set in the mysterious realm of Ravenloft.

Moderator: TristenC

Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Jerry Greystar (Chris1234)- Private Thread

Post by Chris1234 »

She follows him to the bar.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

As Jerry approaches the bar she sees a young man with blonde hair arrive from the kitchens and begin tending drinks to those nearby. The portly man moves behind the counter and takes a key from the wall. He speaks to the young man who shows him obvious polite social deference... perhaps the man with the apron is the proprietor? The larger fellow speaks briefly to the woman next to him, who gives him a warm smile and pats his cheek affectionately. She turns back to Jerry and says, Welcome to the Wayfarer's Rest how may we serve you? Her Elven is perfect aside from being archaic and apparently having a few idiomatic discrepancies. All three, in fact everyone she has seen in town, bear those odd blue-violet eyes...
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Jerry replies with some visible relief, "Thank you. It's a relief to be able to understand. I'm Jerry. I was traleling and became unbelievably lost. Some large four legged thing was stalking me but I got here just in time. I actually have no idea where here is. So, please can you tell me a little about you, the Wayfarer's Rest, what is can offer and the prices, something about the town and just where the town is. Roughly how many people are in the town and how many speak the language we speak now? And what is the language called that is preety much used by all in this room? Oh and what is the performance on stage going to be? Don't worry if you didn't get all the questions. I can repeat them. I've got a good memory."
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The woman smiles at first, but murmurs an Oh dear… at Jerry’s mention of being hunted. She nods along as the half-elf speaks, but is quickly overwhelmed by the barrage of questions. Well, she says, taking a breath as if she were the one who had just finished such a lengthy inquiry. You must rest! We will help you. She gestures to a stool and says something to the man beside her who quickly produces a glass of dark wine for Jerry. Let’s start with here and work our way out. My name is Erris, and this is my husband Guilliam. she lays a gentle hand on the larger man’s arm. He owns and runs the Wayfarer, which tends the many needs of a weary traveler: Food, rooms, baths and entertainment. We have some rooms available, the singles are 5 silver per night but are very comfortable. The town is named Harmonia, and the language you hear is our native Harmonian. We are in the land of Kartakass, is this familiar to you? She waits for Jerry’s response before continuing.

Elven is not widely spoken here. In fact, few even pick up the most rudimentary words and phrases. There is some trade with Sithicus, so the few that do speak it are mostly shopkeeps and traders. A couple of guards have picked up a smattering here and there… Are you from Sithicus? Your light hair reminds me of the elves there, and your features hint at some heritage I should think… She again allows the young cleric to respond before addressing the final question. Oh, we have a performer here most nights. Lately it has been the Red Gypsy, though she has only recently come to town perhaps a month ago. She is a skilled musician, I may have to steal her from my husband for my own inn. She says, giving the man a smile and a wink though he doesn’t understand the conversation. You must be hungry. We have a hearty lamb and vegetable stew tonight or a roast with potatoes and greens.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Thanks you, Erris. And please thank your husband for me too. I have never heard of Harmonia or Kartakass, I'm sorry to say. I come from a world named Faerun. Is that familiar to you? Are we still in Faerun even?" Jerry replied, barely sipping the drink but smiling at Erris appreciatively. "I would like a room for the night and a bath. I don't need food today but will tomorrow, if possible. I don't know if my coinage is good here, but this is what I have." Jerry shows her a single GP and a single PP.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

I'm afraid I have never heard of Faerun, but perhaps it is called something different in this land. Many places have more than one name. The lady takes the key and asks Jerry to sign the ledger. She glances at the coin and nods, I do not recognize the markings, but they seem like good metal so I don't think there will be any problems. Here is your key, the rooms are upstairs. The bath is down the hall by the stairs, ladies are on the left. The room is 5 silver and the bath 3 copper. Just let me know when you are ready for your bath and i will have water drawn. I will get your change. Erris turns and speaks to one of the serving girls as she passes into the kitchen, then makes and gives Jerry her change from the gold piece; 4 sp 7cp.

[Ooc: presuming she allowed the gold she showed to be used for expenses. Jerry pais 5sp and 3cp for room and a bath.]
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

{OOC2: Correct on the coinage.}

Thanking her for the key and change. Jerry signs the ledger. She barely sips the drink before responding, "I've not heard of Sithicus either. How far away is it and how many people live there? How many in Harmonia, to, for that matter?"
After listening to Erris further, the half-elf continues, "Thanks you but no, I have had my fill today. But if I could carry it over until tomorrow. It would be fine if it has to be cold, of course. Would you think the Red Gypsy might also speak this language? Or any other 'foreign' ones? I would like to learn Harmonium. Can you tell me the words for these things?"

{OOC2: The 'Can you tell me the words' is fluff to introduce Jerry learning Harmonium.}
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The young cleric sips her wine, which is quite bitter but soothes the throat as it goes down. A quick glance around reveals others with the same wine enjoying the sharp flavor... it must be an acquired taste. Sithicus from here? she considers the question a moment. Maybe eight or ten miles by river... Another thirty to the nearest town, Har-Thelen... I couldn't begin to tell you how many elves live there, and I have never been to Sithicus myself. But, there are around 1,500 people here in Harmonia. Regarding the bath, she says; Whenever you are are ready, then. But don't forget in the morning. I am leaving for Skald tomorrow afternoon, but I'll leave word that you've paid for a bath. The gypsy? She speaks harmonian fair enough, and I think I have heard her speak elven. She usually plays around sundown, so she should be here soon. You can't miss her, she has red hair! I will help you with your Harmonian while I can.

[Ooc: Sithicus is a country. She has no idea the population of it or any town in it.]
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Thank you, Erris. I'm sorry to be such a pest. But where's Skald and how far? What's there? Is there anywhere in Hqrmonia where I'm likely to be able to get some sort of map tomorrow?" Jerry replies, before leaving Erris to get on with her work.
She tries to find a seat to wait for the Red Gypsy (and listen to the local language meanwhile).
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Skald is due North about a half-day's walk or less. It's the capital, so that's where the Meistersinger of all of Kartakass lives. My inn is there as well. It is a little larger than Harmonia, but not much. The general store on the main loop through town would have a map maybe, but everything closes down at dark so you might wait until tomorrow.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Jerry ssays again, "Thank you so much, Erris."
She tries to find a seat to wait for the Red Gypsy's performance (and listen to the local language meanwhile).
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Jerry finds a seat next to the wall at an unoccupied table for two. She listens for a time, bit the jumble of conversation and the unfamiliar language make deciphering anything impossible for the moment.

----
jerry Harmonian lang check Inn [1d100] = 95[1d100] = 86[1d100] = 83
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Whilst waiting for the Red Gypsy's performance, Jerry realizes that she's possibly no longer in Faerun, which is rather alarming, but less so than being dead or, even worse, undead.
She wracks her brains for any previous mention or knowledge of any any of the places cited. {OOC: Ancient History (18)}
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Jerry ponders what she has been told, doing her best to recall any detail regarding the names she has heard, but comes up with not even the slightest scrap of information... As she waits for the performance she watches the crowd idly. More patrons arrive, practically filling the comon area and a couple even begin to find places near the bar or wall to lean. One man in particular catches her eye at first. Like most of the others he is slender and graceful, though his black hair makes him a bit of a minority. He spots the open seat at her table, and approaches.

The young man has shoulder-length black hair and angular features along with rich violet eyes possessing a wisdom that belies his youthful appearance. He is slender, graceful, somewhat attractive, and a little shorter than average but walks with a confidence that makes up for any lack. There seems to be a general feel of apathy about him. For a brief moment something seems familiar, and an odd point emerges from his hair near the ear but is quickly covered. At first he begins to speak in that odd, musical language, but freezes as he takes a closer look at Jerry. I wonder if this seat is taken? he asks in Elven. The words are correct, but like Erris' Elven, they are archaic. What's worse, he speaks as if all of the music had been drained from his language and only just begun to creep back in...
Attachments
Merrick.jpg
Merrick.jpg (56.11 KiB) Viewed 11536 times
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"No, I would be delighted if you would sit there," Jerry replies, speaking in elven. "Might I know your name? I am Jerry."