Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 11: The Show Must Go On

This 2E Dragonlance game is set in the city of Haven, during the War of the Lance. Haven is a city undergoing great upheaval. First massive numbers of refugees pour in, then the city is conquered by a draconic army. Can our heroes survive under this dark occupation?

Moderator: JadedDM

spyguy1503
Lord
Lord
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 11: The Show Must Go On

Post by spyguy1503 »

Ne-Chanz rolls his eyes at Shima. "Couldn't hack it, I guess." he says to Felran. "Just the two of us again, like old times. Now burn those webs and let's roll."

(OOC: Sorry guys. I failed you all. :( Jaded, would you mind continuing to NPC felran?)
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Kendra Greylock (2527 Market Street, Greylock's Gorgeous Gems)
"A fire elemental?" he asks, a bit puzzled. After she explains, he says, "I saw those before...the army used them when they attacked Qualinesti. How were you able to defeat it without any magic? I wish I could have been there to help. Although I wouldn't have been able to, even if I was strong enough to get out of bed..."

Arulia Seroth (323 Three Forks, Seroth residence)
"That's good," Vera remarks. "We'll need every coin we can get."

"I might have found a job," Camilla suddenly pipes up. "One of the soldiers--actually, the soldier who killed the fire monster, said she'd train me for free. Maybe I can become her squire or something."

"I don't think soldiers have squires, just knights," Cassilda remarks.

"Well, whatever!" Camilla says, throwing up her hands.

Grubnick (High Hand Inn, Common Room)
Green Tears chuckles at Grubnick's question. "I would say, 'don't get your hopes up.' Even if that were true, like you just said, their own priests can do the same thing. And a single soldier took out the monster herself. So unless they have an army and dragons, too, I don't see how they could drive out the army from this city.
djhyland
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by djhyland »

Arulia cautiously watches her mother's reaction at Camilla's announcement. To forestall what concerns she can, she says, "If Kendra is willing to train you, you'll be in good hands, Camilla. She's not only a good soldier, but a good person. If nothing else, she'll make sure you're treated fairly."
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Her words were sobering, but he knew he still had to do his best to rally the people against the draconians. It was a special soldier, he mutters dejectedly. One of the prefect's elite... none of the other soldiers could even touch it. It could have slaughtered fifty of them if she hadn't stopped it.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"One of my swords is magical," Kendra points out. She takes a few bites of the dinner that she made. "What was weird was that during the battle, the sword started to heat up. That is how I ended up hurt."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Happy with his revelations Tulbas feels his eyes close. He takes few more notes before washing his face, hands and feet and enters bed. Before sleep takes over he thinks about his family. His murdered parents whom died saving others, his murdered uncle who was ambushed and later killed in front of his eyes. And his only remnant family... His sister Maelana who gone missing at their rescue mission. His last thoughts every night are anger and revenge on one hand and hope to find his sister on the other hand. And so today he falls to sleep with hope dominating his feelings.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I suppose that makes sense," Sadron replies as he eats. "Your sword is made of metal, and you were striking a creature made out of fire. It would heat up eventually. Let me see the sword?" he asks.

Arulia Seroth (323 Three Forks, Seroth residence)
Vera frowns. "I'm not sure I like the idea of you being a soldier. What if they ship you off to the front when you're done training?" she asks.

"From what I've heard, the war will be long over by then anyway," Niniva interjects. "The dragonarmy is expected to have won all of Ansalon by springtime. There won't be a front any more by that point."

Camilla responds, "I don't want to go fight on the front anyway. I want to stay here and protect the city, like Miss Kendra does."

After hearing Arulia vouch for Kendra, Vera seems a little more at ease. "Well...I suppose it won't be any different than when Arulia was a Holy Guard. I guess...that's not too bad," she agrees.

"That's too bad then," Green Tears says sympathetically. "Although I wonder if the monster would have just stopped at the soldiers or not. In any case, perhaps this priest--if it was a priest--could use some elite soldiers of their own then."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Kendra stands up, and grabs her the elven sword. She walks back over to Sadron and carefully hands it to him.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Yeah. he says, disappointed. Pity. With a summon, though, wouldn't it disappear after a while or something? It had 50 soldiers to fight and I'm sure they'd send reinforcements. It probably would have fought all day til it went back wherever it came from... Besides, the thing just showed up at the show, nobody saw it until it was right there... seems like the soldiers were the only target to me. If it wanted to hurt people or the town I would think it would avoid soldiers. That sort of makes it sound like the soldiers are the only reason it was here. They brought war here first, then tax the people into slavery, and now this?! He shakes his head sadly as he finishes his meal.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"This is a Qualinesti blade," Sadron notes, taking the sword reverently. "It looks to be a hundred years old. What's this? Writing along the blade...'Never raise me in anger or for selfish reasons.' Amazing." He hands it back to her. "No wonder it was effective against that elemental. I'm glad to see a piece of my people is kept alive after everything else that has happened."

"I wouldn't know of such things," Green Tears admit. "I assume sooner or later a dragon or some powerful priest or wizard would have taken care of it. In any case, you should be careful not to say such things in a public place. The army has many ears throughout the city, and not all belong to their soldiers."

After finishing his meal, Grubnick pays a silver piece for it. Green Tears tells him, "I imagine the army will start taking more precautions to prevent further attacks. Not sure how, though. I did hear they've put out the word they are hiring new recruits to replace the ones who died today, though. It's decent coin."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Kendra takes her sword back, and puts it away. She wasn't exactly sure how to comfort Sadron when it came to the matter of his people, so she simply walked over to him and squeezed his hand lightly. "So, um, is there anything you need?" she asks.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Yes, careful... I feel thay you, at least, are trustworthy... he considers how many people already know too much about him. Hiring new recruits? Hmmm... so they don't have easy access to more baaz, then? Grubnick makes sure he has paid up and thanks Green Tears, heading to bed, his mind full of questions.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"No, but thank you," Sadron tells her. "The food was great. I just need some more rest. And from the looks of it, so do you. You've had quite a day."

Grubnick heads up to his room and tries to get some sleep while thinking about his next moves for the week.

(OOC: Make sure to visit the OOC thread, specifically here, to plan out the next few days.)
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Yeah. I'm going to clean up a little bit, and then get some rest." Kendra takes the time to check over his wounds and bandages, before she gets ready for bed herself.
djhyland
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by djhyland »

After everything is put away and clean, Arulia stretches her sore muscles and yawns. "I suppose that tomorrow will be here all to soon," she says. "If you want, Camilla, I can take you over to Kendra's house tomorrow morning. I'd like to speak to her about Father, anyway."

Arulia ascends the stairs to the room that she shares with her sisters and changes for bed. But although she wants nothing more than to fall asleep, she waits for her sisters to come up. After their fight earlier today, Niniva deserves to know why she's so afraid of the Dragon Queen's church, and Arulia nervously wonders about the best way to tell her.