Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 16: Homecoming

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

CH. 16: Homecoming

Post by JadedDM »

Sardonx 11th, Frostday, 10 AM in the year 313.
The following morning, the party wakes up their respective cabins to the sound of the waves beating on the ship's hull and heavy rain beating down on the deck. The ship is already moving, setting sail toward the island of Draska, presumably.

Each of the party awakens, dresses, cleans up and heads to the galley for breakfast. Here, they all run into each other. It seems that today the galley is serving fried fish--nothing fancy, but better than gruel. It'll be a few days before the good food runs out and they have to switch back.

Jocelyn, having used up most of her healing on Val the night before, chooses new spells first. The entire party is gathered together at breakfast; this would be an opportune moment to address them all about what is to come.

Ouragana studies her spellbook, choosing new spells, before joining the others at breakfast. Sierra had said they were going to stop along the way to Draska to test the cannon and she was curious to see how it actually performed.

Val was healed up last night by Jocelyn, so no longer is covered in bruises and cuts. She still reeks of the sea, however.

Baeros joins the others in the galley, taking his two dogs with him. They are always eager to eat whatever table scraps he tosses their way, especially while there is still real meat on board.

Gallath has a lot to sort out after breakfast. His animals need attention, but Penta is still in the brig and Naishe is somewhere on board, as well. Unless she jumped ship before they departed, that is.

As Drav enters the galley, he hears thunder in the distance. He remembers when a storm would hit the island he was trapped on for 35 years, and how he'd have to seek shelter in his little cave. It's nice being able to be indoors again.

After praying to Gonto for today's spells, Naras also heads to the galley with the others. She wasn't sure where they were heading next or why, but for the time being, she was along for the ride.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Re: CH. 16: Homecoming

Post by Chris1234 »

Naras tentatively helps herself to some of the fried fish and gives a small smile of gratitude to Ouragana & Baeros.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

OOC: Protection from Evil and Magical Vestment. Everything else stays the same.

IC: Jocelyn looks over everyone gathered, and lets out a sigh. "So, um, I wanted to talk to everyone about this whole pirate situation that I have found myself in," she says. "I'm sure most of you are pretty willing to kill some pirates, but I would rather avoid killing them even if they are trying to kill me."
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

Gallath eats his fish, saving a portion for Thrax. "I would like to capture Sable alive, if possible, and take her to elven justice." After the discussion, he feeds both animals, then exercises Thrax, while thinking hard about his problem.
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

(OOC: I can't wait for the equivalent of July 7th, year 343.)

(OOC: Retro-active action: Grabbing my leather armor, dropping the extra longsword (backpack), the poor shurikens, the grappling hook, glass bottles, and the shortbow. I realize I shaved into the unencumbered by .1lbs, and that was intentional.)

*Drav eats his fish, looking around at the others. He's had this to eat most of his 35 years on the island, so he isn't too fond of it.*
Characters:
Drav - Lost Souls: Octhania
Elf - Fighter/Thief - Smith
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Felran - War of teh Lance
Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
Grey Elf - Wu-jen Elementalist (Fire)
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana decides not to fill all her spell slots before beginning a hopefully uneventful day, but rather join everyone for breakfast. So she first only studies Featherfall, Grease, Sleep and Shield for basic emergency preparedness at sea.

When Jocelyn has finished speaking, she smiles at her. "I'm glad you had a change of mind. I'll do everything I can to help bringing your problems to a peaceful end. But if that doesn't work, I'll be ready for a fight too. If there is one thing I have learned over the past years, it's that you can't always avoid fights. Contrary to what my teacher told me to believe."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Sorry sweetheart. I can't promise anything. If they are foolish enough to try and murder you, I'll stop them. Of course if you are safe and find a way to avoid bloodshed, I don't mind. But even if you find who is to blame instead of you, that person will try to convince them otherwise, or kill you himself. So it seems at least one person is going to die."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Naras has some fried fish and weak ale to go with it. The food is good enough, considering (at least it tastes like something, which is more than she can say for the food she can conjure up magically), but the ale might as well be water to her strong, dwarven palate.

Gallath also gets some fish and weak ale. After speaking, Brock asks him, "What is elven justice, lad? Don't the elves usually just banish folk for their crimes?"

After rearranging his gear, Drav joins them and eats up. While he has had enough fish to last a lifetime, the weak ale (albeit weak), was still better than boiling lake water to make sure it was safe to drink.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn looks to Baeros with an raised eyebrow before she shakes her head and turns her attention to the rest of the group. "Gallath, I actually plan on using Sable for this plan," she explains. "I knew her when I was on the Poisoned Curse. Aside from the Captain, she was probably the closest thing I had to a friend on the ship. When I was accused of murdering the captain, she didn't do anything to save me, but I'm assuming that is because she didn't want to harm her position on the ship. I'm going to need to contact her."
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

Gallath says "Well, if that's what the plan needs, then I guess so."
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Waiting for an appropriate lull in the breakfast conversation, Naras asks, "Ouragana, if you don't mind me asking, what happened to the book that had a curse on it? I was wondering if, just if, it might be the book that the genasai was looking for."
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

(OOC:
JadedDM wrote:the weak ale (albeit weak)
I absolutely love redundancy with a total passion.)

Drav sits there, eating his bland food and looking around at all the people here.

(OOC: Remember, I am a new addition to the group, so me being a big center of chat is doubtful unless they want to ask where I'm from.)
Characters:
Drav - Lost Souls: Octhania
Elf - Fighter/Thief - Smith
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Felran - War of teh Lance
Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
Grey Elf - Wu-jen Elementalist (Fire)
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"The book with a curse on it? Well, it was a trap designed by the wyvern on whose island we were last. It turned completely blank after it cursed me. I am using it as a notebook now."
She frowns. "You need to tell me what book you are looking for, we haven't filled each other in about what we did or experienced yesterday."

(OOC: I didn't have time to read everybody's thread, just tell me in OOC which parts I should read now.)
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"I see, thank you. It was just a thought. But I'm always interested in things like that; knowledge is its own reward," Naras replies. "Would you mind if I checked it later, just in case I can learn anything from any lingering aura? I promise not to read your notes - you can cover those up of course."

Naras fills in Oura on the events of the day - but as succinctly and sensitively as she's able; (there's no rush and it's necessary to avoid the possible perception of trying to dominate the conversation.)
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Baeros crosses his hands on his chest. Mistaking the look of Jocelyn to be admiring one he stands tall full of pride. Hearing Ouragana and Naras Baeros suggests, "Could you trap a different book in the same way and convince the Genasi it is the book he is looking for? That will give you a great advantage over him. Ouragana was so dumb for a few days until the curse was lift of, and now she is so smart again." Baeros smiles to Ouragana sure he gives the best compliments one could give.