Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 16: Homecoming

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 16: Homecoming

Post by HorizonsDream »

"If you see something going on out here, then you know what to do Baeros. Otherwise, Oura, Naishe, and I are going in," Jocelyn says. "Brock, please try to keep him in check if you can," she adds. She looks to Oura. "Magic is about as common here as it is anywhere else," she says with a shrug. "So, let's go," she says to the girls, motioning for Naishe to take the lead.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Baeros tenses as Jocelyn moves closer to the guards. With her uniform of Octhanus whom will she fool? But after they all disappear inside the warehouse Baeros shoulders falls down and he feels somewhat defeated, he looks at Brock, but sees only trouble if he will start conversation with him, so he turns to Gallath and asks, "So, what is it with Naishe and you, are you really half demons?" he asks in a friendly manner but true interest.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn and Ouragana (Warehouse/Sardonx 15th, 8 PM)
The two women head to the warehouse entrance, along with Naishe. "This is the employer I told you about," Naishe says. "The one who is looking to buy some merchandise from you."

"Who, the Mercy here?" asks the male guard, gesturing to Jocelyn. 'Mercy' was a slang term often used for an Octhanian cleric.

"No, no, of course not," Naishe answers. "She's just a slave. Mercies are very useful as long as you keep them in check. Great healers, you know. No, this is my employer," the rogue says, placing a hand on Ouragana's shoulder and gently nudging her forward. "A Storm Sorceress. One of the most ruthless I've ever known."

Baeros, Gallath and Drav (Enott Harbor/Sardonx 15th, 8 PM)
"Of course not," Gallath replies. "I'm an elf. Both of my parents were elves. Before they were killed," he adds darkly.

Drav remains silent, keeping an eye out around them in case anyone approaches. He keeps his hands resting on his sword hilts, but does not draw them just yet.

Brock, however, does keep his axe in hand and paces back in forth while watching the warehouse carefully, like a caged lion waiting to be released.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Baeros is about to continue the conversation with Gallath, but seeing Brock he knows he has to say something. "Brock! We all share the concern. You know how much I care for Jocelyn. And the rest of course. But if you get too nervous you might act without thinking which might lead you to make mistakes. Try to relax, but keep focus and sharp. Besides, she knows to protect herself. You have seen her against that kython we fought, right?" he gives a small smile of encouragement. Then he turns to Gallath, "So you two are just friends? Are you sure she is not half demon? that Penta woman had wings after all. Maybe things between you become hot? Be careful it wouldn't be too hot..."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn bows her head a little to look the part of a slave while she waits for Oura to reply.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val turns and pushes off of the sea floor, propelling herself upward, as she looks to catch her primary target un-awares.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragna can just keep herself from flinching at Naishe's sudden touch, and herself being introduced as "ruthless". And what was the woman thinking, silencing Jocelyn who was the only one who knew what this really was about?
She juts up her chin and turns to the guard. "Show me what's on offer" she tells him.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Ruthless, huh?" the guard asks, looking Ouragana over. He seems skeptical, but shrugs anyway. "Alright, head on in." He opens the door and steps aside, allowing the three women to pass. He closes the door behind them. They enter a small hallway that heads northward. At the end is another set of doors, and two more guards. "Gonna have to ask you to leave all weapons here with us," says one. "Ya can have 'em back when ya leave."

Brock snorts at Baeros, as if the ranger had said something very funny, but otherwise does not comment. He does stop pacing, though, but does not tear his gaze away from the warehouse.

"Just friends," Gallath replies. "So far. Considering the last woman I courted killed my family and destroyed my home town, I'm not sure if I want to risk courting anyone else."

Val and Naras (Ixitachitl Lair/Sardonx 12th, 1 PM)
Val pushes herself off the ground, darting toward her target. But the ixitachitl easily swims to the side, causing her to miss.

Naras fends off the other one, and manages to pierce one of its flaps with her spear. This almost, but doesn't quite kill it.

Serenna, however, manages to finish off the one Val missed, impaling it on her trident. But not without taking another nasty wound.

"Serenna, fall back!" calls Cye. "I can heal you! Let the others finish it off!"

Initiative
Val (1d10+5): 1+5 = 6
Naras (1d10+5): 9+5 = 14
Serenna (1d10+7): 1+7 = 8
Shin (N/A)
Cye (1d10+5): 9
Blessed Ixitachitl 01 (1d10): 1
Blessed Ixitachitl 02 (1d10): 10

Round 3!

Shin maintains full defense.
Blessed Ixitachitl 01 bites at Naras in magical vestments (-5 hit) while using her magic (-1 hit) shield (-1 hit) [TN 9] (1d20-7): 7-7 = 0, miss.
Val stabs at Blessed Ixitachitl 02 with her magic (+2 hit/dmg) trident with great skill (+1 hit/+2 dmg) [TN 10] (1d20+3): 6+3 = 9, miss.
Serenna stabs at Blessed Ixitachitl 02 with her trident with great skill (+1 hit/+2 dmg) [TN 10] (1d20+1): 2+1 = 3, miss.
Cye casts Cure Moderate Wounds on himself, restoring (1d10+1): 10+1 = 11 HP.
Blessed Ixitachitl 02 bites at Serenna [TN 14] (1d20): 18, hit for (3d4): 1,1,2 = 4 damage.
Naras stabs upward at Blessed Ixitachitl 01 with her magic (+1 hit/dmg) spear [TN 12] (1d20+1): 17+1 = 18, hit for (1d6+1): 2+1 = 3 damage. Blessed Ixitachitl 01 is now near death.
Serenna stabs at Blessed Ixitachitl 02 with her trident with great skill (+1 hit/+2 dmg) [TN 10] (1d20+1): 13+1 = 14, hit for (1d6+3): 5+3 = 8 damage. Blessed Ixitachitl 02 dies.

(OOC: Actions for Round 4?)
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn hands over her warhammer and sling as asked. All of her prayers could be considered weapons, but she couldn't exactly hand those over.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Hmm... you must have hurt her badly if she flipped on you. But don't worry. Most women just slaps you twice, maybe kick you a bit, but surely don't burn entire villages. I didn't think of you as a bad person. What have you done to her to cause such anger? Or maybe she was crazy to begin with?"
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Naras tries to stab Blessed Ixitachitl 01.
Last edited by Chris1234 on Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana shrugs and digs the two daggers out of her sash. If the people thought that her daggers would make a storm sorcerer dangerous...
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Reluctantly, Naishe hands over her daggers, as well. The three are then allowed to pass into the next room, which is another hall--although this one is a bit wider. There are double doors on each side of the hall, leading west and east respectively. Both sets of doors are guarded by another two people each. There is also a fifth person in the middle of the hall, who approaches them. "You looking to buy, I hear?" he asks. "Material goods or slaves?"

"Maybe," replies Gallath with a shrug. "That's what I'm hoping to find out."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn opens her mouth to say something, but remembers that she really isn't suppose to say something. They were here for slaves after all, so she hoped that Ouragana remembers.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val takes a stab at the lone remaining foe...