Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 16: Homecoming

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 16: Homecoming

Post by Breila »

"No material goods, thank you. I can get that anywhere. But I've been told that I could find exquisite female slaves here" Ouragana answers.

OOC: If you say "person", does that mean we can't tell gender at one glance?
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn and Ouragana (Warehouse/Sardonx 15th, 9 PM)
The slaver, a male human, nods. "You'll want the west wing then," he says. He leads them in, past the guards. This section of the warehouse is quite spacious. There are a number of crates, barrels and sacks sitting around. But in the northwestern corner are nine slaves. Each one is sitting or kneeling on the floor, their hands chained behind their backs and gags in their mouths. The man who led you inside (#11) gestures to them proudly. They are guarded by three more slavers who lounge about the area.

To the south there are two staircases that lead up to platforms which in turn lead to doors. Both are guarded by a pair of slavers, as well.

The slaves consist of 5 men and 4 women. The men include a halfling, a dwarf, and three humans. The women include a half-elf and three humans. They are all youngish and healthy looking, around the age of the party. However, none meet the description given to them by Raven, who said the girl was a teenager, around 15 or so.

"Looking for a woman, right?" the guide asks. "These are all high quality, I assure you. They're worth a hundred gold each, if not more. See anything you like?"

The slaves keep their heads down, not making eye contact. Some look a little roughed up, but nothing too serious. They almost look a little drugged, as if about to fall asleep but aren't quite there yet. They are quite docile.
Warehouse 02.png
Warehouse 02.png (255.8 KiB) Viewed 6374 times
(OOC: Nah, it just means I didn't think it was all that important to mention.)

Val and Naras (Ixitachitl Lair/Sardonx 12th, 1 PM)
Serenna withdraws from the battle, bleeding profusely. The ixitachitl, driven a bit mad by the blood, bites down on Naras but it's a shallow wound. Val then finishes the creature off with her trident. Cye heals up his sister, but it barely does any good.

Initiative
Val (1d10+5): 9+5 = 14
Naras (1d10+5): 10+5 = 15
Serenna (1d10): 2
Shin (N/A)
Cye (1d10+5): 9+5 = 14
Blessed Ixitachitl 01 (1d10): 9

Round 4!

Shin does nothing.
Serenna withdraws from the fight.
Blessed Ixitachitl 01 bites at Naras in magical vestments (-5 hit) while using her magic (-1 hit) shield (-1 hit) [TN 9] (1d20-7): 18-7 = 11, hit for (3d4): 1,1,1 = 3 damage. Naras is now seriously wounded.
Val stabs at Blessed Ixitachitl 02 with her magic (+2 hit/dmg) trident with great skill (+1 hit/+2 dmg) [TN 10] (1d20+3): 13+3 = 16, hit for (1d6+5): 2+5 = 7 damage. Blessed Ixitachitl 01 dies.
Cye casts Cure Moderate Wounds on Serenna, restoring (1d10+1): 1+1 = 2 HP.
Naras has no target.
Val has no target.

(OOC: End combat.)
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Do you have much healing left, Cye? I have one Cure Light Wounds remaining," asks Naras as the group start to move out, Val leading. "Follow the right hand wall, Val," suggests the dwarf, in common, pointing to the south of the vent.
Last edited by Chris1234 on Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn steps up to Ouragana, and whispers in her ear. "We are looking for a teenager. Ask if they have anyone younger."
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Va; waits around a bit, standing guard as the others decide what to do, but she is anxious to move on
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"I doubt they are of such high quality, if they need to be gagged" Ouragana says, almost with a sneer. "Good slaves accept their lot in life." She gives Jocelyn an appreciative look. "I prefer to buy them when they are young, so they can be trained more easily. Do you have anything suitable?""
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

With the conversation dying, every moment that passes seems like eternity. "Hmmm... Drav... you are pretty quiet. Do you think they are in trouble and we should step in? Brock, how long is it since they entered the warehouse?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"They are young," the man argues, frowning. But then he shrugs. "I do have one even younger, but...I should warn you, she doesn't come cheap. We actually only recently acquired her. We already have a buyer, but if you can beat his price...we might be able to negotiate something. I can show her to you, but your two lackeys will have to stay here."

Baeros, Gallath and Drav (Enott Harbor/Sardonx 15th, 9 PM)
Drav shrugs indifferently in response.

"I guess about two minutes," Brock answers. "I haven't been counting."

While they are waiting, Baeros notices a pair of humans and a dwarf loitering nearby, watching them. It takes a moment, but he recognizes them as the ones playing cards together in the Golden Tooth earlier.

Cye uses more more healing spell on his older sister...but it does little to help. Then he sighs and shakes his head. "That was all I had left, in terms of healing. I'm all out, I'm afraid," he admits.

==============

Cye casts Cure Moderate Wounds on Serenna, restoring (1d10+1): 2+1 = 3 HP.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn moves in to whisper in Ouragana's ear again. "At least try to get them to let me see her with you," she says. "For the simple fact that you want to make absolutely sure that she is healthy."
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val moves on along the right hand wall.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Baeros tenses as he recognizes them and alerts the others with a tiny gestures of his head and eyes. "They might want to rob us after Jocelyn flushed her money to the bartender. On the other hand we might recruit their help if we will have to fight the slavers. Want to ask them?"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana nods and thanks Jocelyn with a smile. "Here you can see that content slaves who think for themselves are usefu." she declares to the slaver. "My healer here suggests that she be allowed to come along, so we can determine if the girl is in prime health - and how much she is worth."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The slaver seems to think it over, but then nods. "Fine then, this way."

Naishe stays behind while the slaver (#11) leads Ouragana and Jocelyn into the doors to the south. The guards step aside to let them in, then close the doors behind them.

They find themselves in a small office of sorts. There's a desk and a few chairs. Sitting at the desk is a male human wearing chain mail with a sword on his belt. In the other chairs is a human woman wearing the grey garbs of a Storm Sorceress like Ouragana and a human man dressed in the red robes of a cleric of Renos.

In the back of the room is a young woman in her teens. She sits on the floor, eyes glazed over in some kind of trance. Her hands are tied in front of her.

"What's this about?" asks the swordsman, looking up as the three enter.

The slaver gives a polite bow. "Forgive the interruption. But this woman has interest in buying our latest acquisition."

"We already have a buyer," the swordsman retorts. "One willing to pay 500 gold for her."

"True, but if this woman is willing to offer a better deal, we could save some travel time," the slaver replies.

The woman in grey gets to her feet. "Is that the case, stranger?" she asks.

The Renosian cleric also gets to his feet, but his eyes are kept on Jocelyn. "And what do we have here?" he asks.
Warehouse 03.jpg
Warehouse 03.jpg (206.7 KiB) Viewed 6325 times
Baeros, Gallath and Drav (Enott Harbor/Sardonx 15th, 9 PM)
"You mean if we offer them coin, they might be of use to us?" asks Gallath.

Hugging the right wall, the group heads south and enters a massive chamber. To the southwest is an old table, likely salvaged from a sunken ship. Behind the table is a pile of glittering coins and other treasure. To the southeast is a large pit that seems to go deeper into the ground, but it's so completely dark it's hard to say for sure.

There are three ixitachitl here. They seem to have been waiting for the party's arrival, because all three of them begin swimming forward at once.
Ixitachitl Lair 1F 06.jpg
Ixitachitl Lair 1F 06.jpg (102.51 KiB) Viewed 6325 times
==========

Ouragana makes a CHA check [TN 11] (1d20): 2, pass.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Shima readies her spear and turns sideways to be able to watch and guard to the rear of the part, asking in Common, "Val, might be a good time to use your trident's ability? Maybe get a couple of them?"
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn looks up to the cleric of Renos for a moment, and wishes that she didn't have such bad luck. "B...Before we offer a price," she says softly. "I would like to check the girl." She keeps her eye bowed as she speaks, as she doesn't want to appear to be overstepping her bounds.