Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 16: Homecoming

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 16: Homecoming

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Why is she drugged?" Jocelyn asks from near the slave girl. "And who is the buyer?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn and Ouragana (Warehouse/Sardonx 15th, 10 PM)
The four look to Ouragana. "You let your slave dare speak out of turn like that?" asks the cleric, seemingly a bit scandalized by it.

"She's also an idiot to ask such a stupid question," the sorceress replies. "She isn't drugged, she's under magical control. It's how we keep our slaves in line. Perhaps you should look into it, as yours still seems rather uppity," she tells Ouragana.

"The identity of the other buyer is confidential anyway," the swordsman states, crossing his arms. "We respect the privacy of our clients."

Baeros, Gallath and Drav (Enott Harbor/Sardonx 15th, 10 PM)
"We aren't cowards, but we aren't crazy, either," the dwarf retorts. "Didn't you just hear what I said? That's the Bloody Chains. They got spellcasters in there. Unless you have an army or an amazing plan, you'll just wind up slaves yourselves, under their magical control. Even if you did survive, the entire slaver's syndicate would come after you for revenge. Don't matter how much booty we'd get if we end up hunting down and enslaved ourselves."

Val and Naras (Ixitxachitl Lair/Sardonx 12th, 1 PM)
Val swims toward where she remembers the shaman was last seen. By dragging the globe of darkness with her toward the ixitxachitl, she ruins their own vision. This, at least, puts them back on empty ground. The two ixitxachitl swim around her, trying to nip at her, but cannot see within the globe. Val tries to grab at the shaman to wrestle with it, but cannot find its exact location. If nothing else, she is buying time for the holding spell to end.

==============

Initiative
Val (1d10): 2
Naras (N/A)
Serenna (N/A)
Cye (N/A)
Shin (N/A)
Ixitxachitl 01 (N/A)
Ixitxachitl 02 (1d10): 1
Ixitxachitl 03 (1d10): 2

Round 3!

Ixitxachitl 02 bites at Val in the darkness (-4 hit) [TN 13] (1d20-4): 2-4 = -2, miss.
Ixitxachitl 03 bites at Val in the darkness (-4 hit) [TN 13] (1d20-4): 6-2 = 4, miss.
Val attempts to grapple with Ixitxachitl 03 [TN 10] (1d20): 8, miss.

(OOC: Actions for Round 4?)
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"I see... well this could be ONE outcome, but a more likely one could be that we will win and the entire syndicate will see you as the new head of the slavers Monopoly or you could just keep the guild name make it appear as inside power shift. We are quiet capable ourselves. We dealt with magic, trolls, animated armors and even with demons and angels. And we have sorceress and a cleric with us too. So that tips the odds back to us. With this new perspective, how many warriors you said they have in their home base?" Baeros asks again with a triumphant smile.

========================================================
(OOC: How long have the girls been inside the slavers nest? I start plotting on using the cape to shape shift to the wolf and use this form to surprise our targets quickly eliminating the magical threat. (aside from that the cape doesn't look very useful). Still, without the additional three warriors I guess we are in about 4:1 ratio while with them we are in about 3:1 ratio and this is significant difference.
If we engage in battle would you NPC Gallath and Drav to join the fight?
)
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I cannot give my master an accurate report on the condition of this girl while she is like this," Jocelyn explains.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val continues to swim randomly to locate the foe.....
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"As I have said before, I need my slaves to think on their own" Ouragana says with dignity. "Though you were right of course that she was out of line when asking you to breach buyer's confidence." She shoots Jocelyn a disapproving look for good measure. Turning to the storm sorcerer, she says lightly: "Mind Control must be a new subject at the Academy, I did not see any courses on offer last time I was there. Or is that a subject you have researched yourself?"
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The sorceress laughs derisively at Ouragana's statement. "The Academy? I graduated the academy over 10 years ago. I don't even use the paltry cantrips and dweomers I learned there anymore. I've moved on to far more powerful magic."

"This is all quite irrelevant," the swordsman interrupts. "You said you were going to make us an offer. Either do so or get out. But stop wasting our time. Our ship arrives in a few minutes and we'll be departing, so make your choice now."

The dwarf shakes his head. "I didn't say, because I have no idea. I think you're pretty barmy, though. Even if by some miracle you were right and you could take on the entire Bloody Chains, and you were willing to hand over all of their slaves to us, the three of us can't run a slaving guild. The Crimson Wolves would wipe us out within an hour. But I'll tell you what. You go ahead on your suicide mission, and we'll stay here and loot your corpses after it's over. Sound good?"

(OOC: I guess it's been around 10 minutes or so now since the women went inside. I am NPCing Gallath and Drav for now, but I think you'd still need to convince them that this is a good idea first.)

Val manages to find and wrap her legs around the shaman, holding on to it to keep it from moving around. It and the other ixitxachitl bite at her, but can't get through her armor in this darkness.

==============

Initiative
Val (1d10): 3
Naras (N/A)
Serenna (N/A)
Cye (N/A)
Shin (N/A)
Ixitxachitl 01 (N/A)
Ixitxachitl 02 (1d10): 8
Ixitxachitl 03 (1d10): 5

Round 4!

Val attempts to grapple with Ixitxachitl 03 in the dark (-4 hit) [TN 10] (1d20-4): 17-4 = 13, leg lock for 1 damage. Ixitxachitl is now in a hold.
Ixitxachitl 03 bites at Val in the darkness (-4 hit) [TN 13] (1d20-4): 13-4 = 9, miss.
Ixitxachitl 02 bites at Val in the darkness (-4 hit) [TN 13] (1d20-4): 3-4 = -1, miss.

(OOC: Actions for Round 5?)
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"I have a different idea! Why won't you let me show you how barmy I am by sticking these swords through your guts..." he threaten them ready to strike. "On the other hand, I know how can you help me..." He looks at Brock and says, "It's been a while... I'm ready to do something as soon as you think it is time."

================================================
(OOC:
1. Are their weapons drawn?
2. I don't think it will be difficult to convince them we need to rescue the women.
3. What about the engagement with the three cons? Doesn't Drav Gallath and Brock feel the tense? What is their reaction? In general I'd like to tie them either with beating them first or just overthrowing them and then gag them and go to sell them as slaves. That will get us in.

)
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val feels around with her hands, looking for a neck.....
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn looks to Oura, and gives her a nod. It was going to be up to her to seal this deal to save the girl.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"We give you five hundred and fifty. And save you the money and trouble to feed and guard her to bring her to the other buyer" Ouragana offers.
She had to fight to keep her outrage down. That woman was dishonoring the Robes of the Storm Sorcerer. but she couldn#t do anything about it right now. She should find out who she was and tell the Academy Leaders about her next time she visited.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Only fifty extra?" the cleric asks with skepticism.

The swordsman shrugs, evidently not unconcerned. "We're in a hurry, so we'll take it," he says. "Hand over five hundred and fifty and she's yours."

As soon as Baeros draws his blades, the three citizens pull out pistols and step back. The dwarf has two pistols, one in each hand, which he points at the two elves. The male human points his gun at Brock while the female human points her gun at Baeros.

"Throw down your swords," the woman tells him, aiming right for the ranger's head.

"This place just gets better and better," Gallath mumbles.

Drav inches his hand toward his own sword hilts, but the dwarf deters him by cocking his pistol. "Nuh-uh, hands where I can see them or else I'll blow your head off," he warns.

"This is a fine mess you've gotten us into," Brock mutters to the ranger.

The ixitxachitl continue biting at Val in vain, unable to find a weakness in her armor in the total darkness. Val maintains her leg lock on the shaman, slowly squeezing it to death. She fumbles with her hands for its neck, but as it is essentially a sapient manta ray, it has no neck for her to grab.

As the fight continues, Naras feels control of her body returned to her as the holding spell wears off. The three undine start to move again, too, fighting off the remnants of the spell's effect.

==============

Initiative
Val (1d10): 9
Naras (N/A)
Serenna (N/A)
Cye (N/A)
Shin (N/A)
Ixitxachitl 01 (N/A)
Ixitxachitl 02 (1d10): 3
Ixitxachitl 03 (1d10): 2

Round 5!

Ixitxachitl 03 bites at Val in the darkness (-4 hit) [TN 13] (1d20-4): 12-4 = 8, miss.
Ixitxachitl 02 bites at Val in the darkness (-4 hit) [TN 13] (1d20-4): 16-4 = 12, miss.
Val maintains her leg lock on Ixitxachitl 03, dealing 2 damage.
Naras, Serenna, Cye and Shin are no longer held.

(OOC: Actions for Round 6?)
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val changes her mind and reaches for her dagger. She carefully positions it before sliding it home.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn wasn't quite sure that Oura had that much money on her, but she couldn't say anything either.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

If Naras can see an Ixitxachitl digging in and out of the dark zone she will try and skewer it.
If there isn't such a target visible & reachable, the dwarf will try to coup de grace the ray-in-a-net {OOC: Ixitxachitl 01 (N/A) I think}, approaching it so that her back is not towards the darkness.