Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 3, Episode 2 - Hobgoblin Patrol?

The Liora has a curse, no one will sail her, will you take the Councils Offer to rid the ship of its curse?

2nd Edition game for up to 5 players.

Moderator: SilverBen

mike_c
Vagabond
Vagabond
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 3, Episode 2 - Hobgoblin Patrol

Post by mike_c »

Varis does as Greystreet wishes and follows him
holly_e
Peasant
Peasant

Post by holly_e »

Willow walks with Varis but speaks so that the entire party can hear her, " I remember running into hobgoblins during patrols from home, they are large muscular very organized, they hate elves and will always choose to attack an elf first, we might be able to figure out a way to use that to our advantage. The chief of any tribe always carries at least two weapons. they can fight just as well during the day as they can at night so there is no advantage there. "
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SilverBen »

The party and Greystreet rise from the table where they are seated (OOC: See Map 7, Area 2 on First Floor) and follows Lord Mayor Ushakov up the stone steps in the corner of the Commons room (OOC: See Map 7, starting at the red dot in Area 2, follow the path to the closed triangle.) to the second floor.

The steps open to the soldier's barracks (OOC: See Map 7, Area 6 on Second Floor), which are all empty now. Ushakov heads straight for the door leading outside, bringing the party on to the parapet of Darian's Wall. (OOC: starting at the red closed triangle, follow the path to the open triangle.)

Ushakov turns outside the door and remains in place (OOC: See Map 9, the green star is Ushakov and the party. The blue stars are the sentries.) when he spots six sentries standing at the edge of the parapet of the Wall, three of them with their bows drawn and extended over the Wall at something on the ground below.

The corporal shouts a challenge down towards the hidden party on the ground, "Do ye all come among the shadows of the night and claim to arrive in peace? What urgency brings ye at night, ye hairy beasts?"

A thin, muffled voice responds with a thick accent that is clearly not the Common spoken tongue, "We answer our sister's call for help. Open the door or send our sister to receive us!"

The soldiers hold their bows poised to release and detect the Lord Mayer standing behind them, who motions them for caution as he approaches the edge of the parapet for a better view. Four humanoid figures stand 10 feet below the sentries and his eyes widen upon recognizing a band of satyrs. (OOC: See Map 9, the yellow diamonds are Satyrs.)
Satyrs
Satyrs
Satyr.JPG (22.09 KiB) Viewed 5722 times
Attachments
Map 9 - River Gate
Map 9 - River Gate
Map 9 - River Gate.png (505.88 KiB) Viewed 5722 times
Map 7 - Mile Castle floor plan
Map 7 - Mile Castle floor plan
Map 7-Mile Castle Floor Plan.png (588.44 KiB) Viewed 5722 times
I try to post at least once daily, late at night in the Eastern (New York) Time Zone.
I am not available Friday nights to at least two hours after sundown on Saturday.
You may contact me at 917-426-4483
cryominer
Peasant
Peasant

Post by cryominer »

(Fezor)

After hearing the exchange from the guard, Fezor moves to see the beasts more clearly. A look of recognition crosses his face, "Ah...the illustrations in the library do them little justice in their form and motion." To Greystreet, "my Lord, are these the 'assistance' that the good Dryad has summoned? If so, might we warn the guard not to pierce them with arrows...?"
Cryominer - Ut fortuna fortes
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SilverBen »

Lord Mayor Ushakov to Fezor: "I must agree, Master Fezor, my men are rightfully anxious and unsettled by anything approaching from the wilderness side of Darian's Wall."

Lord Mayor Ushakov commands his soldiers gently: "Have your men stand down, Corporal. Bring our guests in for fresh drink and news from the northern wilderness." The corporal follows the command and calls it down to the sentry at the base of the Wall. The sound of wrought iron humming rises from below as the reinforced door opens.

Ushakov addresses Greystreet and the party, "So, it is evident the cause for alarm was actually a band of satyrs, who came to be our allies and not the marauding hobgoblins bent on our destruction."

Greystreet asks Ushakov, "But why tolerate the Hobgoblin's attacks, Lord Mayor? Your men are well armed and trained to fight. Why are the Hobgoblins so disruptive?"

Ushavov allows a sigh of relief to escape before admitting, "Because, my dear friends, we lack the resources of men to attack the hobgoblins in direct combat. We have requested more soldiers repeatedly without any satisfying response. If we assembled an adequate offensive squad, it would render this mile castle vulnerable to attack."

His eyes widen and an expression of hope crosses Ushavov's face and he raises his fist in defiance, "But there is another more effective way to defeat them: The hobgoblins are highly superstitious and value in their weapons above all else. A broken weapon instills utter panic in them. They break ranks and flee in terror, or become helpless and despondent over the broken weapon in the midst of battle."

In a moment of sudden realization, Greystreet turns from Ushakov to the party: "The Saw of Mighty Cutting is the Hobgoblin's weapon of destruction! Our Lady, Lyssehea, told us: steal their Saw of Mighty Cutting from them and destroy it to defeat them. Come down to the Commons, let's be hospitable to the Satyrs to learn more of the Hobgoblins!"
I try to post at least once daily, late at night in the Eastern (New York) Time Zone.
I am not available Friday nights to at least two hours after sundown on Saturday.
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SilverBen »

holly_e wrote:Willow walks with Varis but speaks so that the entire party can hear her, " I remember running into hobgoblins during patrols from home, they are large muscular very organized, they hate elves and will always choose to attack an elf first, we might be able to figure out a way to use that to our advantage. The chief of any tribe always carries at least two weapons. they can fight just as well during the day as they can at night so there is no advantage there. "
(OOC: +150XP for Willow. Thanks, Holly_e, please continue to develop your character's interactions and history with the Hobgoblins.)