Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 3 OOC Chat

The Liora has a curse, no one will sail her, will you take the Councils Offer to rid the ship of its curse?

2nd Edition game for up to 5 players.

Moderator: SilverBen

mike_c
Vagabond
Vagabond
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 3 OOC Chat

Post by mike_c »

aww game is more important come on so what it is only Passover nothing important you know christian equivalent to maybe flag day LOL
michaelslate
Peasant
Peasant

Post by michaelslate »

My plan is just an initial, drawn out of air idea. But no plan survives contact with the enemy, so depending on what the GM has in mind, my plan may be modified, radically changed, or totally discarded as needed. Or we could just decide on another plan of action. I'm cool either way, just trying to do what seems like I'd do in this situation. I wanted to at least have some tiny part of a plan before we head out.
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SilverBen »

I'm back from Passover, at least the first two days. Keep your eyes open for another player joining our game. Our heroes will soon be meeting a village druid stationed at Darian's Wall!
I try to post at least once daily, late at night in the Eastern (New York) Time Zone.
I am not available Friday nights to at least two hours after sundown on Saturday.
You may contact me at 917-426-4483
mike_c
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by mike_c »

wb though i know Passover is still not over yet

as to the plan of course most plans fall apart when the enemy is encountered you should push for what your character would do just as i do varis is thinking that he is the only melee fighter and that even though he should be able to take a hobgoblin an entire tribe?? kind of like gen custer at little big horn
cryominer
Peasant
Peasant

Post by cryominer »

mike_c wrote:wb though i know Passover is still not over yet

as to the plan of course most plans fall apart when the enemy is encountered you should push for what your character would do just as i do varis is thinking that he is the only melee fighter and that even though he should be able to take a hobgoblin an entire tribe?? kind of like gen custer at little big horn
Love it! We need more fighter-types... SilverBen - let me know if you want me to run a 1st level fighter-type... perfectly willing to fracture the consciousness and run a couple of characters...!
Cryominer - Ut fortuna fortes
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SilverBen »

cryominer wrote:We need more fighter-types... SilverBen - let me know if you want me to run a 1st level fighter-type... perfectly willing to fracture the consciousness and run a couple of characters...!
Thank you for offering, cryominer, but not necessary for what I have scripted as the finale. I just posted a partial explanation in Ushakov's monologue, which can be summarized by saying that brute force won't defeat these hobgoblins, they've got you outnumbered and out-powered. The focus of the finale will be mainly stealth and then escape through environmental hazards in a Capture-The-Flag like game with the Saw of Mighty Cutting serving the role of the flag.

Truth is, I have not scripted the details of the Hobgoblin encounter, so it will be significantly influenced by the questions that the characters ask the Satyrs. So, the next episode with the Satyrs will be a good chance to participate and shape the final encounter with the Hobgoblins.

I am also waiting for the new player (Alnus January) to post her character and begin playing. I will be offline again for the final days of Passover, beginning Thursday night until Sunday morning.
I try to post at least once daily, late at night in the Eastern (New York) Time Zone.
I am not available Friday nights to at least two hours after sundown on Saturday.
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SilverBen »

michaelslate wrote:My plan is just an initial, drawn out of air idea. But no plan survives contact with the enemy, so depending on what the GM has in mind, my plan may be modified, radically changed, or totally discarded as needed. Or we could just decide on another plan of action. I'm cool either way, just trying to do what seems like I'd do in this situation. I wanted to at least have some tiny part of a plan before we head out.
Absolutely, michaelslate, a good idea to have a plan. I'll repeat what I wrote in response to cryominer...
The focus of the finale will be mainly stealth and then escape through environmental hazards in a Capture-The-Flag like game with the Saw of Mighty Cutting serving the role of the flag.

Truth is, I have not scripted the details of the Hobgoblin encounter, so it will be significantly influenced by the questions that the characters ask the Satyrs. So, the next episode with the Satyrs will be a good chance to participate and shape the final encounter with the Hobgoblins.
cryominer
Peasant
Peasant

Post by cryominer »

SilverBen wrote:
cryominer wrote:We need more fighter-types... SilverBen - let me know if you want me to run a 1st level fighter-type... perfectly willing to fracture the consciousness and run a couple of characters...!
Thank you for offering, cryominer, but not necessary for what I have scripted as the finale. I just posted a partial explanation in Ushakov's monologue, which can be summarized by saying that brute force won't defeat these hobgoblins, they've got you outnumbered and out-powered. The focus of the finale will be mainly stealth and then escape through environmental hazards in a Capture-The-Flag like game with the Saw of Mighty Cutting serving the role of the flag.

I am also waiting for the new player (Alnus January) to post her character and begin playing. I will be offline again for the final days of Passover, beginning Thursday night until Sunday morning.

Roger-Roger. I am up late because our water heater has given up the ghost and sprung a leak. Drywall damage...soaked wood...and a leaky water heater... have to take a day off to get another one and install. Nasty turn.
mike_c
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by mike_c »

Roger-Roger. I am up late because our water heater has given up the ghost and sprung a leak. Drywall damage...soaked wood...and a leaky water heater... have to take a day off to get another one and install. Nasty turn.[/quote]

ouch so sorry have been thru that before not fun cleaning yp hope you get it done quickly
SpiderReaver
Peasant
Peasant

Post by SpiderReaver »

Sorry I haven't posted much... Been having issues with work and so all I have done has been work and sleep. Overtime is nice but not when I am sleeping or working and can't enjoy it. Going to try to post tonight.
"L'Oloth wun vel'bolen dos lac, zhah naut zuch vel'bol dos xal ragar" ~SpiderReaver
cryominer
Peasant
Peasant

Post by cryominer »

mike_c wrote:Roger-Roger. I am up late because our water heater has given up the ghost and sprung a leak. Drywall damage...soaked wood...and a leaky water heater... have to take a day off to get another one and install. Nasty turn.

ouch so sorry have been thru that before not fun cleaning yp hope you get it done quickly[/quote]

Thanks for the kind words! The deed is done...kind of. The 'new' heaters are wider than the one we have (from 2004), so I had to take the frame out of the alcove for the heater in order to fit the new one in. Heater is installed, no gas leak, hot water for all, but now I have carpentry work to do... This stuff never ends.
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SilverBen »

FYI: SpiderReaver informed me earlier today that he had a family matter that required his attention and regrettably needed to step away from the game. It was a pleasure to have him join and contribute. He is welcomed back any time, if the matter can be resolved. Meanwhile, if Cryominer wanted to play his character, Nalanilos, that would be fine with me. Otherwise, I would play SpiderReaver as an NPC.

Regardless, I hope SpiderReaver enjoyed and will periodically check in for updates. Good luck!
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SilverBen »

Unfortunately, looks like the game is going on hold for lack of participation.
mike_c
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by mike_c »

hi sorry we have not been off andget like a watch thing s they no wanting to play, the puter crashed on ok ty
cryominer
Peasant
Peasant

Post by cryominer »

SilverBen wrote:Unfortunately, looks like the game is going on hold for lack of participation.
SilverBen - message me on FB when you want to crank it up again or start a new game...! Always willing to go and I really like your format!

Yours - BJ