Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 3 OOC Chat

The Liora has a curse, no one will sail her, will you take the Councils Offer to rid the ship of its curse?

2nd Edition game for up to 5 players.

Moderator: SilverBen

SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Act 3 OOC Chat

Post by SilverBen »

michaelslate, is there any change in the spells memorized that you would like Jakub to pray for now, before Lord Mayor Ushakov arrives?
I try to post at least once daily, late at night in the Eastern (New York) Time Zone.
I am not available Friday nights to at least two hours after sundown on Saturday.
You may contact me at 917-426-4483
michaelslate
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Act 3 OOC Chat

Post by michaelslate »

Gonna trade out "Speak with Animals" for Cure Moderate Wounds, I'll make the appropriate changes on my character sheet.
michaelslate
Peasant
Peasant

Post by michaelslate »

Just started watching "Dungeons and Dragons: The Book of Vile Darkness" on SyFy channel this morning. The main character is a paladin of Pelor, which I can now properly place on Greyhawk! This game we're playing now has now officially taught me something!
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SilverBen »

michaelslate wrote:Gonna trade out "Speak with Animals" for Cure Moderate Wounds, I'll make the appropriate changes on my character sheet.
Great choice! Consider it an answered prayer. Please post it as a response to your original post on the character sheet.
I try to post at least once daily, late at night in the Eastern (New York) Time Zone.
I am not available Friday nights to at least two hours after sundown on Saturday.
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SilverBen »

michaelslate wrote:Just started watching "Dungeons and Dragons: The Book of Vile Darkness" on SyFy channel this morning. The main character is a paladin of Pelor, which I can now properly place on Greyhawk! This game we're playing now has now officially taught me something!
Excellent, I always wanted to direct educational programming. :wink:
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SilverBen »

In full disclosure, what I have planned for the Hobgoblin encounter is a virtual "capture the flag" (CTF) type of game modified with obstacles such as combat, foot races, and terrain challenges.

The "flag" of our virtual CTF game is a Saw of Mighty Cutting the Hobgoblins have obtained and used over the past year to clear areas of the wilderness north of Darian's Wall to build out their domain and lair above ground. The dryad of our game was the unfortunate victim of the Hobgolins' aggression.

The Hobgoblin lumber camp will act as the "base" for our CTF game. Characters will attempt to find (should not be hard), inflitrate (should be harder), and retrieve (should be hard) the Saw of Mighty Cutting. Once the saw has been captured, it must be destroyed...

Any player, please roll 1d8+1d12 and sum the results.
  • On a 9, 10, 11, 12, or 13, the saw must be heated in a forge and cast Dispel Magic to be detroyed
  • On a 7, 8, 14, or 15, the saw must be disposed of in a Bag of Devouring. Get ready for a new adventure to find your not so local neighborhood Bag of Devouring.
  • On a 5, 6, 16, 17, or 18, the saw must be fed to a Mimic. Get ready for a new adventure to find your not so local neighborhood Mimic.
  • On a 2, 3, 19, or 20, the saw is cursed and the one who grasps it is polymorphed into a Hobgoblin. In this very rare case, draw up a new Hobgoblin player character using the Book of Humanoids.
Again, none of this information is character knowledge and may not be used in character. I just thought I'd share it with you as players to manage expectations and ask your feedback on if this will be fun. Comments welcomed.
Attachments
saw description - DMG.png
saw description - DMG.png (30.21 KiB) Viewed 11535 times
michaelslate
Peasant
Peasant

Post by michaelslate »

1d8+1d12 roll
1+5=6
So I guess we're gonna be Mimic hunting.
mike_c
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by mike_c »

ok now we know we need to find a mimic so do we have to put a collar and drag the mimic to the saw? put out treats to lead it to the saw?/
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SilverBen »

mike_c wrote:ok now we know we need to find a mimic so do we have to put a collar and drag the mimic to the saw? put out treats to lead it to the saw?/
:lol: Not exactly what I had planned, but Mimics are intelligent, subterranean dwellers, found in the lairs of powerful magic users. I am open to suggestions. No rush, we have to deal with the Hobgoblins first.
Attachments
last_kiss_by_gido-d71dy48.jpg
last_kiss_by_gido-d71dy48.jpg (133.38 KiB) Viewed 11499 times
SpiderReaver
Peasant
Peasant

Post by SpiderReaver »

If the saw makes it to the mimic lol
"L'Oloth wun vel'bolen dos lac, zhah naut zuch vel'bol dos xal ragar" ~SpiderReaver
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SilverBen »

I apologize for the slow rate of posting this week. I was often too tired to stay up late writing, as I usually do, from a variety of things that put me way behind schedule. Thankfully, these were only good things and not illness, issues, or other difficult circumstances.

I assure you we are headed for a big, bad, butt-kicking adventure with the hobgoblins. I have good sampling of challenges and situations scripted. I just need to find the right transitions to plausibly lead the characters into them.

So, I ask your patience over next week, which entails for me the most intense period of cleaning and preparations of the entire year. The Jewish holiday of Passover begins at sundown on Friday, Apr 22. However, the week prior is very demanding in time and effort. I will likely be offline from Thursday night until Monday, Apr 25. Thanks for your forbearance.
SpiderReaver
Peasant
Peasant

Post by SpiderReaver »

It's all good my friend. no worries from at least my end :)
"L'Oloth wun vel'bolen dos lac, zhah naut zuch vel'bol dos xal ragar" ~SpiderReaver
cryominer
Peasant
Peasant

Post by cryominer »

A MIMIC...darn. However, the picture that was posted may mean that the mermen might know where one is...

No worries on posting...I check daily and post if needed!

Happy pre-Passover!
Cryominer - Ut fortuna fortes
michaelslate
Peasant
Peasant

Post by michaelslate »

No problem about the Passover thing. There are more important things than a game, after all.

I do admit to having questions now about the dryad. Does she have 22 hours left to live or 60-90 days?
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SilverBen »

22 hours remaining, and again in full disclosure, she can be saved if you can obtain the Saw from the Hobgoblins' lumber camp and escape safely, or deal with the Hobgoblins effectively.