Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 3, Episode 1: Darian's Wall

The Liora has a curse, no one will sail her, will you take the Councils Offer to rid the ship of its curse?

2nd Edition game for up to 5 players.

Moderator: SilverBen

SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 3, Episode 1: Darian's Wall

Post by SilverBen »

cryominer wrote:(Fezor)

6d6 --- 3,3,5,2,6,2=22
(OOC: Roger that, Cryominer. 22 hours and counting for the dryad. Let's see if we can prevent her slow demise.
I try to post at least once daily, late at night in the Eastern (New York) Time Zone.
I am not available Friday nights to at least two hours after sundown on Saturday.
You may contact me at 917-426-4483
cryominer
Peasant
Peasant

Post by cryominer »

(Fezor)

"Right you are Nalanilos. However, I fear that we must at least plan a little before rushing headlong over this wall into danger." Fezor casts a glance at Jakob and again speaks to Nalanilos, "I am not well versed in martial arts. Perhaps others could provide some guidance into how we can martial our strengths, both of arms and of magic, to be the most effective against the sub-human hobgoblins?"

"My spells are offensive in nature, but limited in number. I am unarmored and lightly armed. I shouldn't be leading the brigade charge..." "I am prepared to leave at once, but we don't even know what direction to go. What say you Nalanilos and Jakob?"
Cryominer - Ut fortuna fortes
michaelslate
Peasant
Peasant

Post by michaelslate »

(Jakob)

"You make good sense, Fezor. Varis is a warrior, judging by his armor and weapons, so of the lot of us, he should surely lead. Nalanilos may be of help to find our trail, but he's also a wizard like yourself. I'll be honest, I find myself unsure of just what lady Willow can do. I am no fighter, but my armor and Peacebringer here will stand between you wizards and the foe." At the mention of Peacebringer, I give my morningstar a quick twirl. "Perhaps a soldier or two from among the guard here may be persuaded to come along with us? To help fight and to lead us so that we don't wander off into the wilds in the wrong direction. It's easy to lose one's way in the woods of the unknown. I am ready to go as soon as we have a direction to travel. Rather than Speaking with animals, I prayed for a more powerful healing spell today. It seemed prudent."
Last edited by michaelslate on Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mike_c
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by mike_c »

OOC INT ROLE WAS 5

:::LOOKING AT THE GROUP IN THE EYE ONE BY ONE:::
"I am a fighter as you surmised and as to my mate Willow she can kill just as well as i but in as slightly differently way. once we have finished here I do not mind leadind but forr now let us defer to lord Greystreet so I do not dirty my blade here."
holly_e
Peasant
Peasant

Post by holly_e »

A smirk comes to my face hearing the others saying they know not what I am capable of.
"Varis As usual I will be right behind you ready and waiting" Cleric and Wizard you probably should stay close together towards the back try and keep yourselves out of as much danger as possible." I walk up to the main mast and call out in elvin to the dryad," my lady we are almost at the point of getting you justice but need to know in which direction to travel. Can you please help?"
cryominer
Peasant
Peasant

Post by cryominer »

(Fezor)

Fezor nodded approvingly at the discussion. To Jakob he says, "I indeed like the idea that we could perhaps secure the services of some of the guards. The more spears the better."

He motions to Nalanilos to step aside for discussion, "in the interest of professional courtesy, I will disclose the spells that I have memorized." He leans in a bit closer and whispers to the wizard, "I have the magic missile and light memorized. Also, I have the more powerful Web memorized. If I cast it, I may need your assistance to make sure that the spell is the most effective. This would entail ensuring that the anchor points are clear."

To no one in particular with a far off look in his eyes, "perhaps we will find some wondrous magic that I can take for research..." In a bit louder voice, "time is wasting away, we must make haste." He pulls his cloak closer and nervously checks the pouches at his belt.
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SilverBen »

Lyssehea moves awkwardly and unsteadily despite deliberate care. She approaches a patch of overgrown moss growing from Darian's Wall and braces herself against it. She closes her eye and hums a melody softly. She opens her eyes and responds to Williow: "The Hobgoblins encamp half a day’s journey to the north along the river, in a fort that protects the entrance to their caves. They march when the sun sets and reap destruction with the Saw until dawn.” She clenches her fist and adds, “My oak grove is a wasteland but I will call upon the woodland folk that remain to assist you.
With a wince of pain, she holds herself facing Darian’s wall and begins a long dirge. (OOC: Lyssehea casts the fourth level Wizard spell, Call Woodland Beings.) The wind gently rises and then gusts with her dirge. She smiles weakly in satisfaction. “We should leave tomorrow and expect visitors tonight.”
I try to post at least once daily, late at night in the Eastern (New York) Time Zone.
I am not available Friday nights to at least two hours after sundown on Saturday.
michaelslate
Peasant
Peasant

Post by michaelslate »

(Jakob)

"The first order of business must be to find a new tree for you, lady. When you are safe again, there will be time enough for vengeance."
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SilverBen »

Lyssehea gathers her strength and turns to the priest of Pelor with an enlightened expression and smile. "I thank you for your comforting thought, Jakob Graingrower. Humans think of me and my sisters as immortal spirits of the forest. You see for yourself, our longevity is tied to our spirit tree and our immortality is only legend.

I am resigned to death but hold out hope that I will still find a seedling capable of marrying. Even then, it will take 60 to 90 full circuits of the sun to bear children with my husband. If death has not overcome me yet, I wonder what else may sprout from Pelor's favor.

She steps slowly towards Fezor, removes a small leather pack at her hip and hands them to Fezor gently. Lyssehea closes his fingers around the pack and says, "These are Seeds of the Hedge. A pinch of these seeds sprinkled on earth or grass will instantly cause a thorny hedge to grow. She winks with a smile and says, "Try not to get too caught up in what you're doing when you sprinkle them. "

(OOC: See The Complete Druid's Handbook for the full magic item description of Seeds of the Hedge.

Cryominer, roll 1d20. Fezor is familiar with their properties and use if you can roll 1d20 less than or equal to half Fezor's INT score. If not, then there is a 30% chance of failure using the seeds the first time, meaning he drops them accidentally underneath himself or something else goes wrong. Each subsequent uses carries a 10% less chance of failure. 20% the second time, 10% the next until the fourth use.

The leather pouch carries enough Seeds of the Hedge for eight uses but Fezor can't tell now how many there are.
)
cryominer
Peasant
Peasant

Post by cryominer »

(Fezor)

Fezor accepts the pouch from Lyssehea with an astonished look on his face. He takes the pouch in his hands with a bow. "My lady, you are too kind to this poor user of magic. I accept this with great appreciation and will endeavor to utilize it in your defense...and the continuation of your line."

The pouch feels...wonderful... in his hands. He ties the pouch on his belt near his larger and older pouch. The thoughts of magic swirl in his head as he considers the path forward...and the possible treasures that may lie ahead.

(OOC: d20 = 13...Fezor can use the seeds, but there will be a risk 8O )
mike_c
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by mike_c »

"My Lady after you speak to the woodland creatures they can tell yo where we can safely take you to have a new husband. then once you are settled there we will be free to go to the hobgoblin camp where i will show no mercy to them ."