Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

LSO OOC Thread III

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: LSO OOC Thread III

Post by HorizonsDream »

Yeah, that is what Jocelyn meant. She doesn't believe that Octhanus is going to swoop down and save her. What is colliding between Baeros and Jocelyn right now is that he prefers to do things the violent way where as Jocelyn is trying very hard to do things the non-violent way.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Baeros doesn't prefer violence. But it depends on the risk involved in the non-violent way. He is against suicide missions if such can be avoided, (for example 5 ppl against two pirate ships instead of blowing a warning hole in one's hull or sails making them all surrender) but he did approach the citizens of Draska in peace and offered them job... So, he is balanced at least if not peaceful in his own view.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Re: CH. 17: Poison Curse

Post by Nuke »

OOC: I am slightly confused, we need water breathing to get out of here, correct?
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

That's right. The two are in a cavern with some air in it, but they'll need water breathing to get back up to the surface.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Jaded - Unless there's anything about to develop, I think that Naras & Val have finished in the Undine camp and other than praying for another Water Breathing spell today and then topping up on 1st & 2nd level spells in the morning, I think we'd be happy if you're ready to move the story along a bit...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

I don't have anything else further planned for you two, actually. I assumed the undine/ixitxachitl thing would take longer, but I didn't count on you guys getting beaten up so quickly and had to wrap it up sooner, as you two didn't have the HP to keep going.

And there's only 10 pages left in the chapter (and arc). I'm open to suggestions for something for you two to do in the meantime that won't take very long, but for the time being, I just intend to wrap up the other group's story and end the arc.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

We kindof had to go in half cocked or elf the cheiftainess would have been done for, ie only a haldful of spells to play with when we arrived and only on partial hit pts too.
Maybe get back to the town where Naras's temple was? Get Val recognised as a hero in helping recover some money to support the temple.
Maybe the undine want help (tomorrow, spells replenished) with recovering something from somewhere, e.g. ixitxachitl stole something but dropped itr and there a nasty <something else> that they didnt want to go near. e.g. lunatic hermit sahuagin. Or its locked in somewhere that you need hands to open, or an air locked piece of cave that they could cross, etc.. Essentially a couple more locations for a bit of adventuring.. Possibility something as simple as a sunken ship, maybe where you need to be able read common to open something.
Not sure if Val has anything she needs help with???

Maybe some kind of trail or research around the nasty air genasai. e.g. the druidic undine might have pulled a divination or reference from somewhere..
(I'm completely stumped on that nasty creature TBH, other than just waiting for him to pop back into unwelcome circulation.)

Or we couls simply go back and do over some expected ray-creature returning patrols..
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Cye is the same level as Naras, so any divination he could do she could do, as well.

I'll see what Nuke's input is. As it stands now, Val needs around 1,700 more XP to reach the 40,000 goal for the end of the arc and Naras needs another 3,000 XP to do the same. I don't know what sort of mini-adventure I could run that would only last 9 pages and still generate that much XP. A really big boss fight, maybe, but there would be a high probability of it killing them both.

The main group is on track and everyone should reach their goal by the end, I hope. Well, except Drav. But chese hasn't posted in this game since June, so I kind of gave up on that long ago.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Well even 100xp is closer and more than we get by sitting on our hands staring at the cave wall. :)
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

I see chese daily, and yeah, you probably should give up.
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Is he okay? Or just really busy?

(Should I put his game into cold storage?)
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

He's fine. Yeah, probably toss his game into carbonite for now. If he ever logs back in to protest, then fine, but for now, he's busy, so it happens i guess.
Characters:
Current:
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

we could take a ride on Mist and see what we run into. Not sure if there is much in the wet sandbox, but we can find out.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Spell List:
1. Command, Cure Light Wounds, Cure Light Wounds, Detect Magic, Detect Snares & Pits
2. Augury, Cure Moderate Wounds, Cure Moderate Wounds, Hold Person, Resist Fire/Cold
3. Create Food & Water, Magical Vestment, Water Breathing
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

How long does invisibility last, and can I cancel it manually?
Characters:
Current: