Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 10: Hard Choices

This 2E Dragonlance game is set in the city of Haven, during the War of the Lance. Haven is a city undergoing great upheaval. First massive numbers of refugees pour in, then the city is conquered by a draconic army. Can our heroes survive under this dark occupation?

Moderator: JadedDM

TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 10: Hard Choices

Post by TristenC »

He rubs his chin in thought. By "soon" do you mean curfew or the morning? How much do they owe on it anyway?
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

(OOC: Uhh... well, this is getting worse.)

"We're going to need to eat and rest. Not going to help if we can't even fight."
Characters:
Drav - Lost Souls: Octhania
Elf - Fighter/Thief - Smith
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Felran - War of teh Lance
Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
Grey Elf - Wu-jen Elementalist (Fire)
djhyland
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by djhyland »

"I understand," says Arulia. "I've spoken to Fizban, and I still don't know what to do or how I can help. I don't even know how I'm going to make things better. I don't think I can fix everything, but I won't see our family hurt if I can help it." She reaches over and squeezes Cassilda's hand. "I'm scared, too."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Kendra Greylock (2527 Market Street, Greylock's Gorgeous Gems)
"Yes...thank you," Sadron says. Kendra heads downstairs to wash the blood from her hands and make something to eat.

Arulia Seroth (323 Three Forks, Seroth residence)
"Well, I have faith that you'll think of something," Cassilda says, returning the squeeze. "Mother said you were with a man today. Maybe he can help?"

Tulbas Erogund (Mageware Shop)
"Well enough," Magnus says. "Much was accomplished. You're going to bed already? Where is my dinner?" he asks with a touch of annoyance. He sits down at the table expectantly. "I trust you did something productive with your day?"

(OOC: Magnus does not have a familiar.)

Grubnick (High Hand Inn, Common Room)
"If they are not here soon, then it won't matter," Green Tears says. "I'll be locking the door soon. They owe 8 silver for their room, the same as yours."

Felran, Ne-Chanz and Shima (Haven North Sewers)
Felran and Ne-Chanz discuss what they should do, while Shima examines the stonework in the room. However, the wayfinder doesn't find anything unusual about the way this room is constructed.

Shima detects new tunnel/passage construction [1-5] (1d6): 5, pass. He finds no new construction.
Shima detects sliding/shifting walls/rooms [1-4] (1d6): 3, pass. He finds no sliding or shifting walls.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Nothing here that I can find. Time to go tell the lady that we're cleared this place of all monsters that were present," suggests Shima. "Good to go? See if she'll give you the information you wanted on the pair that stole from you."

{OOC: Does Shima have any idea of how long until curfew?}
Last edited by Chris1234 on Wed May 18, 2016 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Tulbas goes to prepare some dinner to Magnus. "I thought to wake up early tomorrow, but it's all the same to me. I copied two new spells to my spellbook and practiced my spells." he says while warming some food he prepared a hour ago. He finds it difficult to believe he can adjust to the new situation, but it seems he can after all. While cooking he tries trasforming some weed to spice herbs using cantrip and taste them himself if it is good he will put them also in Magnus's food.
After he finishes he serves the food to Magnus with some hot soup and sits at the table. "Do you know the church believes there are other clerics of True gods in the city?" he asks him.
djhyland
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by djhyland »

Arulia looks around to make sure that Camilla isn't likely to return--given her current anger at Arulia's inability to work miracles, Arulia doesn't want her to hear what she says. And even though Cassilda knows of her connection to Fizban, she's not ready to expose William as an enemy of the Dragon Queen as well. Choosing her words carefully, she says, "William...he is a kind man, and he offered to help me look for Father. But I don't know how much he can do to help us. Maybe he can, but he has his own things to worry about. He shouldn't forsake his duties to help us."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Arulia Seroth (323 Three Forks, Seroth residence)
"I hope he can," Cassilda says. "We need all of the help we can get. What does he do for a living? Is he wealthy?" As an afterthought, she adds, "Is he single? Mother said he was about your age..."

Tulbas Erogund (Mageware Shop)
As Magnus eats the soup, he says, "The church is well known for their paranoia. Although in this case, I wouldn't be surprised. The other gods may be growing desperate at this point. The war will be won by spring, and there's nothing that any of them can do about it. Perhaps they should not have sat on their hands for a century while the Dragon Queen got the upper hand."

(OOC: Curfew is going into effect right now. Basically if you don't leave in your very next post (before this thread hits page 28), you aren't going to make it in time. I mean, you need to actually go, too, not just talk about going or suggest going. Otherwise, you'll be spending the night here in the sewers.)
djhyland
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by djhyland »

Arulia smiles faintly at Cassilda's question. "I don't know if he's single or wealthy, and all I know of what he does is that he has armor and a shield...maybe he's a soldier of some sort," she says. "I just met him this morning, and for most of the day, we chased around town looking for Father...we haven't had much time to talk about his life. But he is reasonably handsome, and he treats me like I'm a person and not a prize. Maybe some day we'll have a better chance to know each other, and maybe then..."
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Guys, time to go; now!" says Shima, and leaves (via the doorway; not using the bridge).

{OOC: Thanks Jaded. You had a lot of room to be harsh there. Appreciated!}
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

(OOC: Could have just slapped us around :P)

"GO!"

*Run as fast as possible back.*
Characters:
Drav - Lost Souls: Octhania
Elf - Fighter/Thief - Smith
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Felran - War of teh Lance
Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
Grey Elf - Wu-jen Elementalist (Fire)
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Grubnick considers the situation for a while, then sigjs. If they're not back by the time you lock up, I'll cover them for tonight to keep you from having to sell their things... I'll collect it from them myself tomorrow, if it comes to that. Will that do for you? he asks, hoping the two hadn't gotten themselves into any serious trouble. Good help os hard to find, it'd be a shame to lose two new contacts so quickly... he muses.
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

Haahqae will order a meal from Cassandra, and he’ll sit down a couple tables over from the baaz, close enough that he can hear what they’re laughing about. Maybe he could get some valuable joke material from them while he eats. After eating it he’ll request that she let him do an advertisement for his concert on Monday. Should she state any price less than or equal to the one the previous inn stated, he’ll gladly accept and launch into his performance once again.

This time he’ll keep the joke about elves learning slower than Kapaks, but this time he’ll try adjusting it somewhat, saying that elves take 80 years to learn what a Kapak knows by the time he’s 8. For his second joke he’ll deliver a one about baaz “I think I’ve found out why I’ve never heard of a baaz getting a heart attack. Hearts aren’t foolish enough to attack a baaz.” Haahqae will perform the same juggling patterns as before. Given how he's pretty sure none of them have seen juggling before, this simple patter should be enough to catch their attention, and keep all of his best tricks for the actual performance.
Veni Vidi Vici
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

Ne-Chanz quickly follows, after tucking his swords somewhere safe. He marks the location of the building. "Leave your weapons, we have no permit."
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

When they get to where they picked up the weapons, Shima leaves his in the same place.