Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 10: Hard Choices

This 2E Dragonlance game is set in the city of Haven, during the War of the Lance. Haven is a city undergoing great upheaval. First massive numbers of refugees pour in, then the city is conquered by a draconic army. Can our heroes survive under this dark occupation?

Moderator: JadedDM

spyguy1503
Lord
Lord
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 10: Hard Choices

Post by spyguy1503 »

"Let's take a five minute rest then continue. It's probably past curfew anyway. We need to complete this task. What did you see over there?"
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
djhyland
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by djhyland »

"Does Cassilda's hand mean so little now?" Arulia asks in exasperation. "You did not seem to think it pointless the other night. And what would you have me do, anyway? Even if Fizban did grant his power for such purposes, I still couldn't do such things. Would you expect one of Father's apprentices to do the finest work the same day Father took him on? I am like that--an apprentice, and a new one at that. I don't have the skill yet. Do you think that I don't wish I could do more? Don't you think that I would do something if I could?"

Arulia sighs and blows a strand of hair out of her eyes. "Besides, what would you have me do?" she asks. "Turn away from Fizban and run to the Dragon Queen? Become like the people who ordered Father's arrest? Put others in the same situation that we're in right now?"
Last edited by djhyland on Mon May 16, 2016 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Shima replies, "Leftovers from a battle, maybe two of three weeks ago. Three of the bodies were from horaxes, large insects that often dwell underground, still being eaten by the rats. And I think the remains of some people, maybe a couple, but nothing left of those. Nothing of value or use to be seen. I didn't check if the horaxes had swallowed anything though, like gems or keys or whatever. The stonework is really ancient. Predates the city. Probably elven. That's about it. Ring any bells with you?"
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

"Elves? No. Only elves I've ever seen I was trying to murder. Could these be the bodies of the last hired group?"
Characters:
Current:
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Kendra Greylock (2527 Market Street, Greylock's Gorgeous Gems)
After bandaging Sadron up the best she can, she helps lift him up onto the bed. "But...your husband," Sadron objects. "I don't think he'll be happy to see me in your bed."

After he says so, the large bell in the old fort rings, signifying that the curfew was about to begin. It was now Last Watch.

Arulia Seroth (323 Three Forks, Seroth residence)
"At least I'm giving ideas! All you say is just sit and wait and do nothing, and that somehow you'll fix everything on your own!" Camilla says angrily, before storming out of the room.

Cassilda, who was never one for confrontation, spends the entire argument staring at her feet. In the quiet that follows, the ringing of the bell in the old fort can be heard, signifying that curfew was about to begin.

Grubnick (High Hand Inn, Common Room)
As soon as he steps out of the mageware shop, he hears the large bell in the old fort ring. It was a warning that curfew was about to begin. So he hurries back to the High Hand.

When Green Tears sees him, she beckons him over. "Sorry, but you haven't paid for your room tonight yet. The new price is 8 silver." She had brought it up this morning, but he had never gotten around to paying yet.

The handful of draconians that were drinking here get up and leave with the tolling of the bell. Most of the locals have cleared out, too. The man with the broken lute and the man who likes to read that Grubnick met when he first arrived here are present. There's also a human woman bundled up in a heavy cloak by the fireplace. Felran and Ne-Chanz are conspicuously absent.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"There was nothing left of the humanoids. Just blood, which was different from the Horax ichor. No, I wondered if you had any need or quest that related to old elven stoneworkings," the dwarf responds.

Shima prompts, "The woman that you hope to get information from said we had to clear the monsters down here. Well that means at least two. So far, we got one. So, are we going to continue north? Or not bother trying to pursue the other women that stole your stuff? Your call. I'm only trying to help you. But whatever your decision, can we please get on with it? My stomach's rumbling."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Tulbas prepares dinner, contemplate of the spells he have learned and about his new friend. Then he considers what can they do for Gregeddin, but they need more information in order to help him. Maybe he can visit the trage guild and ask if they know anything about him.
Somewhat worried he goes to sleep.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Sorry, it slipped my mind this morning. Say have you seen the Minotaur and his friend come back? he asks as he pays her.

[Ooc: is the lute-player paying Grubnick any attention?]
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"He wouldn't have much of a choice in the matter if he was here," Kendra assures Sadron with a light smile. "And he isn't so uncaring that he would let an injured man remain on the floor," she adds. "But he isn't coming back home for awhile since he has been arrested."
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

"Let's keep going." Ne-Chanz says.
Characters:
Current:
djhyland
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by djhyland »

Arulia watches Camilla's exit unhappily and blinks hard against the tears that threaten to come. She says nothing for a long while. Finally, though, the awkward silence becomes too much for her. "Do...do you feel the same way? she asks Cassilda.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Kendra Greylock (2527 Market Street, Greylock's Gorgeous Gems)
Kendra helps Sadron lie down on the bed, in the spot where Norris usually sleeps. "Arrested?" Sadron repeats. "I...I hope it wasn't because of me. I'm sorry for any trouble I've brought to you, Kendra. I never should have gotten you mixed up in this."

Arulia Seroth (323 Three Forks, Seroth residence)
"Noooooo," Cassilda assures her. "I believe you when you say you can fix everything. She's just...scared. We all are. Things have always been hard, but...not like this. It's hard to have faith in times like these."

Tulbas Erogund (Mageware Shop)
Tulbas heads up to his room and prepares for bed. While doing so, he hears a 'whoosh' downstairs, followed by the creaking of footsteps and other rummaging around. He realizes that Magnus must have teleported in, having returned from his trip.

Grubnick (High Hand Inn, Common Room)
Green Tears accepts the coin. "I have not seen them since this morning," she admits. "And they also did not pay for their room tonight. If they do not return soon, I will have no choice but to sell their things and give them room away."

The lute player, Harrin, does not seem to notice Grubnick. He approaches the woman, says something to her, and she slaps him across the face. Deflated, he returns to his seat and starts trying to fix his lute. He's managed to restring it, but when he tries it, it sounds terrible.

Grubnick pays 8 silver pieces.

Felran, Ne-Chanz and Shima (Haven North Sewers)
They had been down here for hours, and Shima wasn't the only one hungry. None of them have eaten today at all. They were tired, fatigued and wounded. And the woman who hired them said she would assume they were dead if they weren't back before curfew. Nevertheless, they decide to push on.

Heading north, they find another large room. This one, also, is filled with swarming rats--some quite large. There's another door here, this one of old, rotting wood. An old, rusted padlock is on it.
Attachments
Haven Sewers 07.jpg
Haven Sewers 07.jpg (25.16 KiB) Viewed 6598 times
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

When the three have advanced into the room, if nothing attacks and the rats scatter, Shima suggests, "Well, it's reasonable to assume that 'monsters' don't use keys and padlocks, so we could justifiably claim to have cleared out any monsters present. Might get back for curfew too. Just let me have a quick look at the stonework. {OOC: New construction, sliding, moving etc}
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"His arrest has nothing to do with you," Kendra says with a light smile. "And don't worry about me. I made the choice to get involved in all of this, and whatever the consequences are I'll pay them. Right now, you need to concentrate on resting. I can make us something to eat if you think you can eat."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Tulbas loses his spirits. He looks at the window, suddenly remembering the owl he had seen when Raetmal lied in his bed unconscious. He wishes he could return back in time, but he can't and he have to face reality. He casts a small cantrip on himself trying to boost his courage and then goes down the stairs. Following the whisper of the robes Tulbas approaches Magnus. "Master..." he says in measured tone. "I was about to go to sleep. Was your travel... well?" he asks while struggling with the emotions that floods him during the encounter.

===========================================================
(OOC: Does Magnus have familiar? Is it the owl or something else?)