Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Borderlands II - This is the current game thread

Second Edition AD&D

A gritty "low-fantasy" game in which the line between right and wrong may occasionally blur, set in a non-canon Greyhawk-based world.

Moderator: Stik

Forum rules
Players should expect to post two to three times per week. 

Players should have a working knowledge of Second Edition AD&D

Experienced adult/mature players are preferred.

No munchkins allowed, and min-maxing will be frowned upon.

Core rulebooks and "Complete" series books will be used.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Borderlands II - This is the current game thread

Post by TristenC »

Mayhap we can take em a few at a time, but i'd rather not be fightin all night. We need some way tae kill great swaths o them again' the gate... Ye think on it, i'll get me armor. Ari goes to don his armor and get his weapons, returning when done
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Angel nods waits for him to return and does the same, grabbing the axe and her bow.

"Patric, do you have cloth and possibly lamp oil?" She asks the Young man as she dons her breastplate, hoping Liri gets the dkda to help. "I was considering that we could set some alight.."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Is there a way to interrogate the dead ones? Are they trying to return back to where they came from in daylight?" Galanis asks loudly hoping someone can tell. He runs quickly to the balcony and starts shooting arrows at those he can see. "If you do find some cloth and oil we can have flamed arrows as well." Galanis follows Angel line of thought.
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

"There is cloth. Not much oil, though. There is a stone-walled shed near the workshop where it is stored," Patric replies. He looks at Ari. "Do you think the gate will hold?"

As if in answer, the gate groans a bit, and opens a crack, just enough to admit a sickly grey-skinned arm, but it holds there.

From above comes the snick of a bow, followed by a hoot as Maughus scores a hit on one of the undead outside the wall.

There is now about a six-inch wide gap between the two halves of the gate at the top as the left side is leaning inwards. The opening is mostly filled by a zombie trying to squeeze his body through oblivious to the fact that the gate is still barred at waist height, and holding.

[Actions and appropriate rolls, please]
"No matter where you go, there you are."
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Is fire really what ye want? Ari asks Galanis. If we light some they'll nae doubt spread it quickly. fire would hurt us far more'n them. An I doubt we cn talk tae them, bein undead and nae their true selves ne'more

Ari shakes his head regarding the gate, I dinnae, lad. Would I'd had the hinges finished afore now... Ari nods, Maybe there's more we cn do fer it.

We need a sturdy structure where they cn nae come at us more'n one o the time. A funnel. We cn fight in shifts if we have tae.

[Are there any more plankings? He'll get some nails and try to brace it with whatever he can; propping timbers, hammering boards across the gap, piling large stones at the center base.]
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(Assuming Angel had managed to get to her armor and bow before the gate failed)

"Keep that cover fire. I'll fight what I can." Angel suggests, notching an arrow to her bow she charges down the stairs.

(If the zombie coming is still around she'll shoot it!)
Simple [1d20] = 18
Easy hit. AC - something. : [1d6+1] = 2+1 = 3 damage.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Liri looks at the things piled up to throw at attackers. Is there something she could lob behind the gate that's heavy enough to to damage?
There's more to me than meets the eye...
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"You are right!" shouts Galanis and keeps shooting at the Zombies.

======================================================
(OOC:
[1d10] = 7 Initiative
Rolls for prev. round
[1d20+2] = 17+2 = 19, [1d8+5] = 2+5 = 7, [1d20+2] = 14+2 = 16, [1d8+5] = 1+5 = 6 Hit AC0 and AC3

Rolls for current round
[1d20+2] = 16+2 = 18, [1d8+5] = 1+5 = 6, [1d20+2] = 12+2 = 14, [1d8+5] = 8+5 = 13 Hit AC1 and AC5
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

[OOC]Apologies for not having a map. I don't have a working scanner at the moment.[OOC]
The main house has a courtyard in front of it, surrounded by a 12' high wall. There are a number of outbuildings around the perimeter of the courtyard against the wall, and the courtyard gate is in the middle of the wall opposite the house.

Liri is in a second floor balcony which overlooks the courtyard. It is about twenty yards from the balcony railing to the gate/wall. Anything heavy enough to cause damage would likely be too heavy for her to throw such a distance. But should the zombies get through the gate, that could change.

[OOC] FYI - No need to roll initiative when fighting zombies. They always attack last. Jenn - Keep in mind that the rate of fire is two arrows per round.
Everybody - Although body shots with hand weapons can cut a zombie to pieces, killing them requires a head shot. Body shots with arrows are generally ineffective. I'll assume that everyone is going for head shots unless I hear otherwise.[/OOC]

Angel threads her arrow easily through the gap between the two gates. It hits the zombie in the face, rocking its head back, but it continues to press forward until Galanis' arrow hits it. Then it drops, hanging motionless halfway through the gate.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Galanis continues shooting the coming zombies.

============================================
(OOC:
[1d20+2] = 19+2 = 21, [1d8+5] = 1+5 = 6, [1d20+2] = 16+2 = 18, [1d8+5] = 8+5 = 13
head shot is -4? without the penalty it's AC-2 and AC1.
)
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[Sorry, didn't realize they had started coming through the gap by the gate for some reason]

Ari grabs a pole or post that isn't being used on the gate to keep those climing into the gap from toppling inside while Galanis and the others shoot them. If one falls through he'll drop the pole and turn it's skull to pudding with his hammers.
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

The gate is holding, for now. The gap is less than a foot wide, and currently blocked by the head, shoulder and arm of a motionless zombie with two arrows in its face.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Galanis tries to see if he can find clear targets behind the gate.

=============================================
(OOC: I made the shots at the previous post).
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Is there anywhere Angel can get a clear line of site to the ground outside while not placing the children in danger? Ie somewhere on the wall?

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Ari will use a pole to keep them from getting through while the others continue to pincushion them