Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 2, Episode 1: Journey to Darian's Wall

The Liora has a curse, no one will sail her, will you take the Councils Offer to rid the ship of its curse?

2nd Edition game for up to 5 players.

Moderator: SilverBen

SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 2, Episode 1: Journey to Darian's Wall

Post by SilverBen »

(OOC: Right Click this link to open it and play an ambient soundtrack I thought appropriate to set the tone as you read this final encounter)

To everyone's surprise, light footfalls can be felt underneath approaching closer. Lyssehea emerges from the middle deck stairwell barefoot and dazed. A short, alarming silence captures the crew's attention.

Varis and Nalanilos immediately notice a change in the dryad's appearance from when they last saw her below deck. Most notably, the straight beautiful hair they remember as light, is now kinked along its length and darker even in the bright fading afternoon sun. she raises her face to the sun and closes her eyes to it. Everyone notices her delicate features of her face are marred by dark circles under her eyes. Her skin across her shoulders is dry and cracked. This is astonishing to anyone familiar with the legendary beauty and graceful aging of the presumably eternal wood spirits.

She stumbles to the railing and utters two words in Elven (OOC: For those characters that speak Elven, she said "Water, please.")as she holds herself up, nearly collapsing from the knees.

Greystreet's face turns to a piteous frown and calls to the sailors to fulfill her request. He moves as quickly as he can to support her. (OOC: There is room for two more characters to assist her. Whoever wants to help the dryad, can make an initiative roll 1d10. The two characters with lowest rolls can take the initiative to assist her at her side. Please first post the dice results below with the label "Initiative roll to assist the dryad" and then role play the results accordingly based on the lowest two dice rolls.)

Greystreet's wide eyes studies her as he questions her in eloquent Elven with a concerned tone, "My lady, what can be done for you? You look..." he pauses to find the words and then continues in a tone asking her confirmation, "... withered?"

Lyssehea nods in acknowledgement. She responds weakly but audibly to anyone assisting her, (OOC: Again, she speaks in Elven, for those characters that speak Elven and will understand she says "I swore and now I redeem my oath." Greystreet translates quickly but only stares in confusion waiting for her to finish the perplexing statement. A sailor arrives with a waterskin and Lyssehea swallows several mouthfulls. "For my sorrow, I swore to exact justice for my husband. I asked the gods for life long enough exact justice on the hobgoblins. This is my redemption of my oath."

Lyssehea looks to the party members and smiles at Willow with as much energy as she can muster. Although the water has refreshed her, she makes a final statement when she stands erect: "I know you all are messengers of the gods and sincere in taking on the burden this oath of mine. The gods will reward you for your sympathy and risk. Take me to the forest and find me a new husband, or I will die waiting for justice in sorrow. I must rest now, but I came to tell you that I am grateful for your oath, all of you.
I try to post at least once daily, late at night in the Eastern (New York) Time Zone.
I am not available Friday nights to at least two hours after sundown on Saturday.
You may contact me at 917-426-4483
michaelslate
Peasant
Peasant

Post by michaelslate »

(Jakob)
"Initiative roll to assist the dryad"
cryominer
Peasant
Peasant

Post by cryominer »

(Fezor)

"Initative roll to assist the dryad"

Fezor hesitates seeing others rushing to this woman's aid. After hearing her speak of her obligation, Fezor said to no one in particular, "the scales are tipped and returned to equilibrium. 'Tis an admirable sacrifice."

Fezor glances at Jakob, "is there no healing of Pelor that can aid her?"
Cryominer - Ut fortuna fortes
michaelslate
Peasant
Peasant

Post by michaelslate »

(Jakob)

I sigh deeply. "I fear not, my new friend. Her hurt doesn't come from an injury to herself, but rather to her bound tree. A druid might be able to assist her, but frankly, I fear even one of that illustrious brotherhood would be unable to heal her wounds. The tree itself would need to be revived. How do you make a tree live again after it's been...." I look at the frail young female dryad, trying to come up with a pleasant way to say this. "..used to make a ship?"
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SilverBen »

So concludes the first of the Liora's three day journey to Darian's Wall. The sun sets in the west and the wind blows steadily in the vessel's sails as they follow the coastline northeast.

(OOC: Jakob and Razor earn an additional 175XP for assisting Lyssehea.)
I try to post at least once daily, late at night in the Eastern (New York) Time Zone.
I am not available Friday nights to at least two hours after sundown on Saturday.
You may contact me at 917-426-4483