Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Character Sheet- Jakob Graingrower, priest of Pelor

The Liora has a curse, no one will sail her, will you take the Councils Offer to rid the ship of its curse?

2nd Edition game for up to 5 players.

Moderator: SilverBen

michaelslate
Peasant
Peasant
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Character Sheet- Jakob Graingrower, priest of Pelor

Post by michaelslate »

Jakob Graingrower
4th level cleric of Pelor, Neutral Good, human
6'1", 189 pounds, 20 years old, brown hair, hazel eyes, 4th son of 5 children, from Littleburg, Kingdom of Furyondy (subject to change if this doesn't fit)

Str-14 0 to hit 0 to damage Wt 55 max press 170 Open door 8 BB/LG 7
Dex-12 0 Reaction 0 Missile 0 Defense
Con-13 0 HP 85% System shock Res 90 poison 0 Regen 0
Int-13 3 languages 6 55 9 0
Wis-17 Magical Defense +3 Bonus spells 2-1st, 2-2nd, 1-3rd Spell failure 0 Spell immunity 0
Chr-16 Max henchmen 8 Loyalty +4 Reaction +5

Saves
Paralyze/Poison 9, Rod/staff/wand 12, Petrify/poly 13, Breath weapon 15, Spells 14

25 HP, AC 3 from Splint Mail armor and medium shield, Base Movement 9 in armor, 12 in clothes

7800xp + 175xp+175xp+200xp+550xp=8900Xp

Weapons -all are 1 attack/round?, 0 attack 0 damage, THAC0 18
Club 1d6/1d3, speed 4
Quarterstaff 1d6/1d6, speed 4
Morningstar "Peacebringer" +1 to hit +1 to damage, 2d4/1d6+1, speed 7

Can Turn Undead and speaks Common and Velondi (peasant language), and Hobgoblin

Proficiencies
Healing Wis-2 Agriculture Int 0
Religion Wis 0 Read/Write Int+1

Equipment
Holy Symbol, Embroidered Robe, soft boots, cloth cloak, common robe, large belt pouch, flint and steel, 5 candles, 5 chalk, wineskin (water)
Backpack, 50' silk rope, small tent, riding boots, common robe, bedroll, wineskin (Holy water), 1 week of Iron Rations(mainly hardtack and Jerked beef)
50 Gold, 20 Silver, 30 Copper pieces in coinpurse

Normal spells memorized
1st level: Cure Light Wounds, Light, Command, Bless, Detect Magic
2nd level: Silence 15' Radius, Aid, Hold Person, Cure Moderate Wounds

Background:
Jakob was born on a cloudy day, in which there was only one ray of sunshine seen, at the moment of his birth. His parents took it as an omen (who knows if they were right?) and sent him to the priesthood as soon as he was old enough. His father, Karl Graingrower, still taught him farming "in case the preachin' don't take, so's he can care for hisself and his family". Jakob took to his lessons seriously, but still maintains a yearly ritual of visiting home during the planting season to help his family and bless their farm. Soon after he began blessing their farm, others requested it too. Now he's often known to small villages nearby as the "Farm Preacher", a title which fits him fine. He heard the tale of the "Luckless Liora" recently, from a drunk in a tavern and searched it out to find out the truth. Clerics of Pelor oppose the undead at every turn, so even tall tales need checked, if at all possible.

Magical Items
Morningstar +1, he calls it "Peacebringer", awarded to him when he ended the haunting of Levonn Manor. The grateful lord of the Manor was finally able to sleep, since his ancestors were resting in peace as well.
Ring of Sustenance, he found it after fighting with some brigands along the road home, several years ago. The leader of the band, a half orc called Greck, had been wearing it, but no longer required it.
Pearl of Wisdom: Given to me by Mermen after negotiations. +1 to WIS after 30 days. (Day 1 after end of "fishing rights")

If I've left anything off, or if this is unacceptable, please let me know.
Last edited by michaelslate on Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:30 pm, edited 8 times in total.
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman

Re: Character Sheet- Jakob Graingrower, priest of Pelor

Post by SilverBen »

Comments:
  • I am not familiar with Littleburg, Kingdom of Furyondy. Should I just take that at face value, or is there additional information related to that Kingdom I need to know?
  • We are about to set off on a caravel, a sailing ship. You wil probably have to give up "Brandon" your Warhorse as well as the related equipment, Horseshoes, saddle blanket, saddle, Bit and bridle, Large Saddle bags.
  • Add Hobgoblin to the list of languages. I believe you have two listed but three available, correct?
I try to post at least once daily, late at night in the Eastern (New York) Time Zone.
I am not available Friday nights to at least two hours after sundown on Saturday.
You may contact me at 917-426-4483
michaelslate
Peasant
Peasant

Post by michaelslate »

Littleburg, Kingdom of Furyondy was a name on a map of Greyhawk I looked at online. It's roughly in the exact center of most maps. I just liked the sound of it. It kind of fit the style of character I'm going for, a cleric who was formerly a farmer's son who keeps in touch with his family and his country roots. It's only in hindsight that I realized another thing. I'm kind of a Superman nut, and Littleburg sounds awfully similar to Smallville. The ways our minds work sometimes is interesting. http://ghmaps.net/wordpress/wp-content/ ... ryondy.jpg Look right below the R in Furondy.

Actually, I used that language as an extra proficiency slot, but if you'd like me to have Hobgoblin, no problem. Since I'm leaving the horse behind, I can also drop the Ride Horse proficiency and pick up Hobgoblin.

And for some bizarre reason, I had the insane desire to keep from having encumbrance penalties while fighting, thus the studded leather armor. May I trade in the horse and supplies and Studded leathers for some more heavy duty armor?
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SilverBen »

michaelslate wrote:And for some bizarre reason, I had the insane desire to keep from having encumbrance penalties while fighting, thus the studded leather armor. May I trade in the horse and supplies and Studded leathers for some more heavy duty armor?
That won't be an issue. I'm only using general categories of encumbrance, light, moderate, heavy, etc.
I try to post at least once daily, late at night in the Eastern (New York) Time Zone.
I am not available Friday nights to at least two hours after sundown on Saturday.
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SilverBen »

This is a time sensitive request, so please respond by 11:59pm Eastern Time on 3/27/2016 to gain the benefits of an ability check. Follow the steps below.
  1. Please roll 2d20.
  2. Respond with the result in terms of success or failure, where success is the total of 2d20 less than or equal to your character's combined INT and WIS ability scores.
If the result is a success, then your character has potentially valuable information that I will Private Message (PM) you. You will be free to share any of this information with other characters while role playing the next episode, possibly the next two episodes.