Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Re: Act 1, Scene 2: "Taking Care of Business" (Game Thread)

Library of closed threads.

Moderator: TristenC

Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Post by Chris1234 »

"Why no, Merrick, I've been too busy with my studies of, you know, special things divine and not. However, those intensive studies are now at an end, so I would have time if the right man showed an interest," Jerry says innocently, looking him deep in the eyes.

(If he doesn't bite at that, she adds, "Of course, he'd be much better placed if he had an interest in the same special things." She glances down at her Mystran symbol, intending to make it clear that he was referring to magic, which happened to be nestling nicely in her curves.)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I'm glad you are enjoying the show. There are nights when it doesn't feel like a job at all.. This is becoming one of them." Mira responds and kneels by the group. "Actually you bring up an interesting point.. One I'd like to discus with Airand, and your Mother Azais.. I had an idea." Smiling at the interplay between the two girls she adds. "And like I sang:

Life is for living
Through storms, joy and pain
Always remember to
DANCE IN THE RAIN

She sings with a hopeful tone.

"Can we all talk after the show? Is your Mother here?" She adds watching her friends head to the kitchen, what she wouldn't give you head out into the darkness for a moment.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Pyros will smile at the dancing comment. "It's easy with good music! Our Red Lady has a knack for it." He will then rub his shoulder. "How could there be so many of these big wolves in such a small area."

[OoC: Going out on a limb here with his survival skill and living in the countryside he would understand eco systems a bit]

"How has this language been going with you? Typically it all sounds like an Orc jibbering in Goblin to me."
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

cross with a wolfish look on his face sniffs at the amazing aroma of the food the notices call "ah yes lets go sit but no alcohol for me never did like the stuff" then once they have sat down cross will dig in with abandon.
Characters:
Demiplane of Dread - Cross aka the dagger mage
Classic Puzzle-Cait aka the angel of death
Tales from Golden City-max aka Lady Red Fox
The Forge-dm
Genwald-Elden aka the SoulForger
kerap
Merchant
Merchant

Post by kerap »

"It is an interesting way that the people here pass the evening, Serath. Do you enjoy this type of entertainment? It's nice and all, and Mira is quite an entertainer. I prefer the solitude of the outdoors, especially in the woods." Artanis casually remarks, while watching the others dig into their food.
Current Games & Characters:
Demiplane of Dread: Artanis Auir
Rashtan:Glinel Rinelendrieth, Frankie Waldon
The Fall: Bruno Dodd, The Iron Sheik, Denise Dodd, Ald, Dannii Dodd
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

Cal grabs some food to go, and another cup of mead, then leaves for the jail.
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Merrick clears his throat unnecessarily again, Oh, well… I did offer to show you around town tomorrow, perhaps we could get something to eat and make it a date. Clearly the dancing has loosened him up a little, though he still seems a bit nervous.

Airand nods at Mira excitedly, Certainly! That sounds great!. Azais mouth draws to a thin line but she looks briefly towards the back of the inn, She is here somewhere. I’m sure she hasn’t left yet with the door still barred. Laisa grins and glances between Mira and Azi. When the dark haired girl isn’t watching she winks conspiratorially at Mira.

In the kitchen Elsa shakes her head at Pyros’ query, I don’t know. The woods around here seem pretty thick, though I guess you would know better than I since you went through them and I’ve really only been by the riverside and in town… Maybe it’s just a different environment. My old gaffer used to say that a bunch of big predators meant they were the top of the food chain and there was plenty to eat… I don’t really like the idea that they’re eating… you know… people, on a regular basis… she shivers again. The Halfling seems relieved when he turns the conversation towards something else. It’s really difficult for me. It always half-sounds like they’re speaking Elven but most of it is just gibberish. Still, I think sometimes I can almost understand them. I guess after a while we could pick it up, but I’m not sure I want to stick around that long… I miss my family…

Cross and Cal head into the kitchen, the only place to sit, where Cal gets a meal served as well. Elsa greets them as they arrive and makes room for them at the table. Cal snags a waxed cloth from nearby to wrap his food up and a small jug of ale. All of the kitchen staff are too busy to notice. He wraps the food and prepares to head out of the kitchen and off into the night. The front door is still barred, he would probably have to get some help to remove it and doing so would certainly be noticed by the crowd. The kitchen door looked shut only by a simple lock and a slide-bolt. He might be able to sneak out without the cooks noticing, but Pyros, Elsa and Cross certainly would…

Back in the common room Serath continues his conversation with Artanis. I certainly do enjoy the music. Where I am from there is very little of any quality, which I suppose is partially why I have stayed in Kartakass so long. His words give the a-tonal way he speaks Elven that much more weight. Crowds and dancing don’t have much appeal to me, though. Yes, Mira is quite good as bards go. Some of her music reminds me of… well, of my youth. She seems a bit flighty on occasion, but I suppose many entertainers have that in their nature; as do gypsies… or those posing as gypsies… The last was said quietly. I too enjoy solitude, but I feel more comfortable with a good tome or a project in front of me. Something solvable that makes sense. I do enjoy the woods, but the hazards here outweigh my need for it most times… As the Ranger glances back through the open kitchen door to watch the others he notes that Cross and Cal have joined the other small folk… and that Cal appears to be wrapping his food up. The Gnome glances towards the exits almost as if he were planning to leave the inn in the middle of the night, even after the wolf attack…
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Oh that sounds just marvelous," Jerry returns with a heartfelt smile and a little squeeze of his arm. "What sort of thing do you like to eat?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I do hope there is no ill feeling regarding that. I expected to find that there was no one here.." Giving Laisa a little smile she changed her view to the kitchen door. "I'll talk to you all later, Airand.. I don't suppose you brought an instrument.. Did you?" She asks as she moves to stand.

(if he says no, she moves to the kitchen)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

cross digs in but seeing cal pack his food he stops reluctantly but he stops "hey what-cha doing?"
Characters:
Demiplane of Dread - Cross aka the dagger mage
Classic Puzzle-Cait aka the angel of death
Tales from Golden City-max aka Lady Red Fox
The Forge-dm
Genwald-Elden aka the SoulForger
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Oh, most anything. Merrick replies to Jerry. I’m not very choosy so long it is edible. Besides, he says with a smile, even a peasant’s meal becomes a king’s feast when shared with the right company. Those violet eyes peer into hers deeply, and she is suddenly very aware of the way her robes fit against the feminine curves of her body.

Why would there be? It’s not as if it were your fault that wolves started howling in the night… Her voice trails off and a contemplative look comes over the raven haired beauty. Of course not, Laisa chimes in, that would be ridiculous, right Azi? Airand, too, looks at the bard oddly, Hmm? No, I don’t have my violin with me… yes, we will talk later… The trio watch her as she heads towards the back of the in with the other outlanders.

Cross pauses in his meal to ask Cal what he is planning just as Mira arrives in the kitchen. The cook quickly piles a plate high for her and indicates a mug of Meekulbrau that has been set aside on her behalf.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I hope you don't believe that silly story about me riding into town on a Wolf!" She giggles, "I meant that some might think that the door was held to make sure you stayed to listen.. Silly I know. I'll talk to you later." With that to moves to the kitchen.

"Yes Cal, what do you think you are doing? Going out there is suicide right now, I want..." She shakes her head, "It doesn't matter. We'll visit Yasir first thing tomorrow." With that she takes a seat next to Elsa and Pyros. "Did I do ok? I was so nervous... All those people blamed me.. I was sure they did." Grabbing the red she takes a sip before she realises what she was doing. "Damn... Oh well one can't hurt, not like I can do anything stupid can I?"
Last edited by Jenara on Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Comment to Jerry removed, they aren't in the same room.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Jerrry snuggles into Merrick a little bit, bats her eyelids innocently, "So, Merrick, what might be the 'right company' for you?"
She continues dancing with him, in no rush for the evening, strange and eventful as it has been, to end.
kerap
Merchant
Merchant

Post by kerap »

Artanis nods at Serath's comments while keeping an eye on Cal - when he can. He better not be sneaking off to do some night fishing - I'll be forced to join him!

He focuses his attention back on Serath. "I hope Mira's music brought back pleasant memories from your youth. Not much in the way of music or gypsies in Neverwinter Wood or the Spine of the World where I came from. Are there gypsies in or around Harmonia?"
Current Games & Characters:
Demiplane of Dread: Artanis Auir
Rashtan:Glinel Rinelendrieth, Frankie Waldon
The Fall: Bruno Dodd, The Iron Sheik, Denise Dodd, Ald, Dannii Dodd
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Going out for round 2 eh? Not without me you aren't... I need to skin those corpses for Yasir to make his cloak."