Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Re: Act 1, Scene 2: "Taking Care of Business" (Game Thread)

Library of closed threads.

Moderator: TristenC

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Post by Jenara »

"Pyros, no.. I want to get revenge as much as you. I'm so angry about leaving Yasir behind .. But let's at least wait till Guillam opens the door? He knows what's safe." Grabbing the Kender by the shoulder she smiles softly.

"Without you... We'd both be dead. We Ladies need our protector right here dont we Elsa? Thank you Pyros, the song of Pyros the Brave will be heard, I assure you. Yasir will be pleased. Stay? Dance?"
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"What? Oh. I just saw him looking like he was going to go out... can't let someone go out alone in this place..." Pyros blushes at being called a hero and brave. " I don't know about all that... I saw someone who needed help and I just did what I needed to do." He will give the ladies an awkward smile, then try to drink from his empty cup.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I'm sorry Pyros, I didn't mean to embrass you." She responds in Kender, "Enough of gloomy things, tonight we party... tomorrow is another day." Switching back to common she downs the red.

"Right, can I count on you two to keep people dancing? You have no idea how you changed the mood of the crowd doing that..." her eyes to the door to the common room. "Cal, Cross.. on the road, I'd like to practice combing my singing with your magic.. today with the mood of the crowd it's not a good idea, but perhaps in Skald.."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Aye, that is a promise I can keep." Pyros' face will beam. "Once I get some dessert!"
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

Cal sits down. "I was just thinking of Yasir in a cold cell, with subpar food and no drink. But you're right. It's not safe."
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"He won't stay in a cell. We discussed that. He'll sleep in the corridor... in sure king Rat Slayer has slept in worse. Why don't we take him breakfast, and some of his things?" Mira suggests.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Jerry lays her head on Merrick’s shoulder as they speak. The two dance slowly, swaying back and forth without music. He gently breathes in the scent of her hair before replying, Why I couldn’t think of any better company than I have right now.

Serath nods at Artanis’ comment. The memories of music are good, yes. My mother was from this land and used to sing often when I was a child. Music is far more prized here than in Sithicus. His eyes peer into the past for a long moment, though the half-elf keeps any emotion from his face. Turning back to the conversation he continues. There are almost none in Sithicus, but some gypsies roam Kartakass. They move about before long of course, as gypsies are wont to do. They almost never come to town outside of the Day of Unspoken Talents… Recalling that Artanis is an outlander he elaborates, That is a festival in many countries nearby where dozens of gypsies force their way into towns and villages, peacefully of course. They will speak no word unless it is through song or a cryptic fortune telling. They will perform whatever service or entertainment they feel they must and will accept no payment for it. It is a peculiar thing to see indeed… It only happens every third year, but if I recall correctly it will happen this spring. I think some travel strictly farther than they have to in order to reach Harmonia rather than another town. The Amphitheatre must make a very tempting forum.

Mira takes a drink of her Meekulbrau, the sharp liquid she was gradually becoming accustomed to soothing her throat. Together she and the others convince Cal to wait until morning to visit Yasir. Elsa seems relieved he didn’t strike out into the night. When Pyros agrees to keep dancing she smiles beatifically, You can count on us! Ooh! Desert sounds great! A warm tray nearby sports small fried pillows of dough the locals call ‘beignets’. Some are covered with powdered sugar and others with a honey-glaze. There are also small tarts of various berries and pie!
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

Cal grabs a slice of cherry pie. He asks the owner's daughter if she has a minute to sit with him or if she is too busy.
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Jerry gives her partner a gentle squeeze and just enjoys their moments together.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Pyros will grab the tray of dough and offer it to everyone around the table.

After everyone grabs what they want he will grab a sugar covered one and a honey one.

With his mouthful: "These are wonderful! What are they called again Doughneights?"(It will suspiciously sounds like Doughnuts to anyone listening. :O )
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"If you could save me a sugar one, that would be lovely Pyros." Mira asks hopefully still eating her dinner way after the others. "I have to go back on stage soon. And I've barely eaten.. The life of a Bard isn't always a glamous one." She sighs and finishes her meal, considering another glass of red as she does so.. No that wouldn't be a good idea..

Grabbing a sugar coated ring she licks her lips and stuffs the desert in her mouth, "I'll catch you all soon." With that she heads back to the stage, grinning at Merrick as she passes, his proximity to Jerry reminded her she still had to talk to the woman.

"I'll play a slow one, just for you." She winks and resumes her postion.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Cal approaches Senne, but she doesn't understand what he is saying. Still, she smiles and ruffles his hair a bit, directing him to where the deserts are laid out. He quickly fetches himself a slice of cherry pie. Pyros passes around the tray of rectangular dough pillows and takes a couple for himself. The dough is flaky and less sweet than he expected, but buttery and delicious. The sugar and honey toppings each lend a toothsome sweetness to the bites. Mira finishes her meal as the other patrons sample the deserts.

------------
like square dougnuts without holes. The traditional style has a different taste than doughnuts as well, but close enough.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"So, I'm back... I thought perhaps I'd slow things down a little.. So if you have someone you care about here, hold them close, it's a rare thing." She speaks softly strums a few soft chords, "This is for you all."

sow'd the Seeds of Love
And I sow'd them in the spring,
I gather'd them up in the morning so soon,
While the small birds so sweetly sing.
While the small birds so sweetly sing.

My garden was planted well
with flowers ev'rywhere
But I had not the liberty
to choose for myself
of the flow'rs that I love so dear,
Of the flow'rs that I love so dear.

The gard'nr was standing by
And I ask'd him to choose for me.
He chose for the the Violet,
the Lily and the Pink
But those I refused all three;
But those I refused all three.

The Violet I did not like,
Because it bloom'd so soon.
The Lily and the Pink I really overthink,
So I vow'd that I would wait till June.
So I vow'd that I would wait till June.

In June there was a red Rosebud
And that is the flow'r for me.
I oftentimes have pluck'd
that red Rosebud
Till I gained the willow tree,
Till I gained the willow tree.

The willow tree will twist
And the willow tree will twine,
I oftentimes have wish'd I
were in that young man's arms
That once had the heart of mine,
That once had the heart of mine.

Come, all you false young men,
Do not leave me here to complain,
For the grass that has oftentimes
been trampled under foot,
Give it time, it will rise again.
Give it time, it will rise again."

She plays the song soft and slow, trying ignore the tear running down her cheek.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

With the bard going back to the stage Pyros will motion with a smile for Elsa to join him.
kerap
Merchant
Merchant

Post by kerap »

Artanis takes in what Serath told him. The ranger realizes that perhaps he has a lifestyle similar to the gypsies - not with the singing of course - but with the nomadic nature. A thought occurs to him and he asks Serath: "Are these gypsies powerful, seeing that they don't live within the fortified cities, yet there are so many predators about?" When Mira commences her next set, Artanis listens respectfully, while thinking: Between her talking and singing, Mira says more words in a single day than I do in two months. Still, she's a good singer. Almost as good as that young blonde woman that sang for Big D and the First Edition - what was her name? Oh yeah! Miss Dodd. That girl was an entertainer - and she had a friend who was a redhead - a short mage gal that nailed some heckler with a magic missle. Good times.
Current Games & Characters:
Demiplane of Dread: Artanis Auir
Rashtan:Glinel Rinelendrieth, Frankie Waldon
The Fall: Bruno Dodd, The Iron Sheik, Denise Dodd, Ald, Dannii Dodd