Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Character descriptions

A D&D 5E homebrew, a short tale to get to grips with this new system. Many travel to Wovara, a mostly uncharted isle on the fringes of civilisation, where man attempts to stake a claim against nature and the unknown.

Moderator: mgbevan

mgbevan
Guildmaster
Guildmaster
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Character descriptions

Post by mgbevan »

When you have a character ready or an idea in progress please feel free to post some light flavour text or a quick description that the character would make on a first impression. Thanks! Matt
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Re: Character descriptions

Post by Rivi »

ok so as you might choke (understandably) at the wall of text underneath here’s the short hand if you wish to read her whole story I suggest switching to the wall of text:

Rose Faylin is a half elf warlock with a pact to the darkness an old god. It only asks of her to answer questions of seemingly unimportant or irrelevant information and seams neither good nor evil. orphaned she was a lonely girl and the darkness came to her. she ran away and lived on the streets learning from her friend the darkness she is now an adventurer and investigator

Rose Faylin was the culmination of her mother Detta Faylin’s life work. Detta was an elf obsessed with power. in her studies she learned of the old gods and desperately wished to entreat with them. Using a spell to look into the future she longed for an answer to her works, to see if she would talk with her gods. instead she saw the end of her days. Although angered she wished for a legacy. She took a human mate from a town closet to her hidden tower. not anyone of significance simply a physically appealing male to her eye. she may not even have known his name. then she cast spell after spell, ritual after ritual apron herself and the pregnancy. when the baby came she was just a normal girl. Enraged her mother left her keep with the baby in swaddling clothes and left her outside of the home of the man or so she thought. the young babes cry’s attracted the attention of the old woman in side and she brought the babe in. being a generous sort decided to raise the child.

At the age of 12 rose had become just like any normal child… if a bit odd. She was half elf and in a town of secluded humans clearly an oddity. She was inquisitive beyond belief, intelligent and charming. For all her good nature and quick wit the other kids picked on her. Making fun of the fact that she did not having a real family and because she was half elf. The old woman had become infirmed buy this time and rose felt she shouldn’t bother her “grandmother”. As smart as she was she knew long ago she wasn’t really grandmothers granddaughter, this didn’t bother her. she loved grandmother but rose was now more the care taker of the of the old woman that the other way around. the town as a hole helped giving up what little food and fire wood they could spare but clearly saw the arrangement as a bother the old woman and half elf taking from the town. rose still need to forage and bring in fire wood every day after school lest they starve or freeze.

one day one of the kids a bully of sorts pushed rose to tears and she ran home to cry falling asleep in the middle of the day. that night when the sun had long set she woke to a whispering “you cried for a long time, then slept in the middle of the day. why did you do that?” rose looked around afraid but still her curious self “I…I was sad, they made fun of me for not having a real family” she said to the room at large without any one to talk to “the lack of a family makes you sad?” as the whispers spoke on the wall across from her bed which had been bathed in moon light now had shadows that danced and swayed into shapes of people. Not unlike the shadow puppets the traveling caravans used to entertain but with fare more detail that could be obtained that way. a little girl looking like rose and two almost detail less “parents” on either side. then they melted and the expression on the little girl turned to tears “no!.. no don’t do that she need someone to look after her. she’s so alone” the shadow seemed to think small changes in the shadows on the wall was the only thing giving away that “it” was still there. the little girl shadow puppet now looked confused “why would she need to not be alone or why would someone look after her?” the whispers questioned “being alone is scary and dangerous as well as…as…. hart braking…” rose almost started crying again but choked back her tears “others would help cause they love the little girl or to see her grow up strong” the whispers sounded existed as if remembering something “I could make you strong!” the shadow of the girl on the wall elongated and wisps of darkness flowed behind her. “why would you do that… do you love me?” the whispers came after a little time “I don’t know if I love you so it can’t be that what else could you do for me” the little girl thought and thought “I… I don’t know what do you want?” the whispers came after another long silence as if it didn’t know “you’ve answered my questions can you keep doing that?” the girl confused answered “I could try I don’t know a whole lot I’m only 12” the whispered purred “that’s a lot. it’s a pact you answer questions to the best of your ability and ill help you grow up strong” the shadow girls hand was held out as if to shake rose got up and walked across the room holding out her hand in surprise. the shadow girls arm came off the wall and when rose shook its hand it was solid if a little spongy and cool to the touch “what do I call you?” a raspy reply came back “I am the darkness and you are rose”

the next day rose woke not remembering getting into bed and thinking the whole thing a dream. She did feel rested and full of energy. getting dressed she looked under the bed for something to wear and the darkness whispered to her “wear a hood so I may be with you” rose startled fell over she had thought the darkness nothing but a dream. the shadows under her bed reiterated “please wear a hood so I can hid in the shadows inside it” “darkness your real?” the shadows under her bead shifted ”I don’t know. Are your real?” rose looked confused rose remembered the offer of strength and the friendly way they had spoken last night “you said you’d answer my questions “ she sat back “oh I forgot. yes I’m real?” although the question seemed to have more weight as she answered than it seemed it should. Rose did as the darkness asked and put on a hood and felt the shadows within become heavier cool and spongy like the girls hand last night “good” the darkens whispered in her ear “I’ll be here to help you grow and be strong. now what do people like to put in boxes?”

rose answer the questions best she could the darkness asked so much and some she couldn’t answer as she didn’t know. the darkens seemed to take the not answer as if it were just as much information as an actual answer. that day rose had an easier time working in school all the answers came to her easily. as if all the ideas in the heads around her were hers to pick from. on her way home the bullies from the other day fallowed her home “hey what’s with the hood” the thick necked bully cried after her. as they caught up to her “why does he want to know about your hood” rose whispered “I think he just wants a reason to pick on me” turning back to the bully “it’s just a hood what of it. leave me alone” the bully would not relent “afraid its going to rain and you’re going to melt” the bully and his two cronies started a sing song chant “crazy old rose living with the crazy old crone” and he pushed her towards a mud puddle. as she fell into the mud on her back she yelled “just leave me alone!” she shot her had towards him a beam of dark energy struck the bully. The dark energy threw him and his two cronies across the ally. they got up screaming and ran away. rose got up and ran back home.

Rose locked the door as she got in grandma was fast asleep in her chair. Rose ran to her room and started to pack “what’s going on” the darkness asked. that boy was the mayors son and they only keep me here cause I look after grandma over there. the old woman snorted “but they will have someone else take her in and shoe me out of town after… I used that that..” the darkness intruded “its called an eldritch blast. a simple spell I imparted to you to keep you safe. should I not have done that?” rose stopped for a second and evaluated her current situation “no that’s good I’m done with this life. grandma doesn’t even know I’m here you can teach me more than my teacher. I like the power I felt casting that spell. that pig did deserve it anyway and it’s not like he really hurt … is he?” the darkness answered softly “no you are too young to really cast that spell it would do little more than stun him a little. once your stronger it could do dome more damage or even fire more blasts at once” rose tied her bag. ”good I don’t want to hurt people if I don’t have to and I think it’s time we go somewhere more interesting like a big city” Banging came at the door “rose are you in there! what witchery did you do to my boy” the loud booming voice of the mayor rattled the wooden door. rose ran to grandma “love you I’m going now. they will have to look after you it’s there law. you’ll be fine maybe one day I’ll come see you” knowing full well that she’d never return to this place she kissed grandmas hand and the old lady smiled in her soft sleep still not interrupted by the increasing bangs on the door “you wont get away with this you little monster” the mayor sounded a little drun as he was most of the time rose ran to her room and vaulted out her open window and set off into the woods the darkness curled around her shoulders “a big town that dose sound more interesting what do they use for book marks?”

Rose and the darkness the grew up on the streets of several city’s never staying to long she learned more spells answered never ending questions and then how to use a spear her weapon need for self-defense then found her calling. she was an investigator and adventure for hire. she look into different maters and get info needed. Clear out small bands of monster or inform on rival guilds. the darkness helped her with new powers from time to time and now she looks for a new adventure.

this is what she looks like now
https://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=htt ... MwhXKDMwMw
Characters:
Demiplane of Dread - Cross aka the dagger mage
Classic Puzzle-Cait aka the angel of death
Tales from Golden City-max aka Lady Red Fox
The Forge-dm
Genwald-Elden aka the SoulForger
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

I used the Wizards' D&D Dice roller to roll my gold, and I found a character thing to make myself a sheet/stats/items and stuff. I also got annoyed by the sheet and ported it in like this.

Monks get 5d4 gp. There is no x10.
For Cash... I got a 2,1,4,1,4. In that order.
I have 12gp... Woot.
Good thing the Outlander gives me +10gp and a belt pouch.

Stats (Setting it to 4d6-lowest) Gave me:
12, 14, 17, 8, 15, 11.

Tieflings get a +1 INT and +2 CHA

Where should I post it?

Descrip to be added here:
Characters:
Drav - Lost Souls: Octhania
Elf - Fighter/Thief - Smith
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Felran - War of teh Lance
Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
Grey Elf - Wu-jen Elementalist (Fire)
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

iv got my character sheet in a pdf so far i think its done any idea how we want to post them or send you them for inspection to see if iv got it all together? maybe crate separate threads for each character?
Characters:
The Forge-dm
mgbevan
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by mgbevan »

You can post your character stats here and I will accumulate them into something in the Stats thread. If you have them electronically could you either post the files or screenshots or if not just type up the important bits so that I can keep track of them. Please see OOC thread if you would like a template for character sheets

Or you can PM anything too
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

iv attached my character sheets(i think if it works iv had issues before with this kinda thing let me know if it didnt work)
Attachments
rose 3.PNG
rose 3.PNG (68.57 KiB) Viewed 9741 times
rose 2.PNG
rose 2.PNG (125.08 KiB) Viewed 9741 times
rose 1.PNG
rose 1.PNG (175.67 KiB) Viewed 9741 times
Characters:
The Forge-dm
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jason Barker (Played by JadedDM)
Male Human Soldier Fighter 1 (CG)
STR 16 (+3), DEX 9 (-1), CON 15 (+2), INT 13 (+1), WIS 11 (+0), CHA 14 (+2), Age 26, HT 5'9", WT 162 lbs
HP: 12/12
Proficiency Bonus: +2
AC: 18 = 10 + 6 [chain mail] + 2 [steel shield]
Dmg: Unarmed Strike [+3 to hit; 1 bludgeoning]; Long Sword [+5 to hit; 1d8+3 slashing, versatile (1d10+3 slashing); Pike [+5 to hit; 1d10+3 piercing (range 10)]; Javelin [+5 to hit, 1d6+3 piercing (range 30/120)]
XP: 0/300
Saves: STR +5, DEX -1, CON +4, INT +1, WIS +0, CHA +2
Feats: None
Skills: Acrobatics (-1), Animal Handling (0), Arcana (+1), Athletics (+5), Deception (+2), History (+3), Insight (0), Intimidation (+4), Investigation (+1), Medicine (0), Nature (+1), Perception (+2), Performance (+2), Persuasion (+2), Religion (+1), Sleight of Hand (-1), Stealth (-1), Survival (0)
Racial Abilities: None
Class Abilities: Protection Style Fighting (imposes disadvantage on an enemy attacking an ally within five feet, if he is using a shield), Second Wind (as an action, regain hit points equal to 1d10 + fighter level. Once per period between short rests)
Background Abilities: Military Rank (other military folks will defer to his rank), Horsemanship (he knows how to ride a horse), Soldier Proficiency (Proficient with at least one kind of gaming set, mounts and land vehicles)
Languages: Common, Orcish
Gear:
Head - Chain coif
Neck - None
Torso - Tunic, pike [18 lbs], backpack [5 lbs], chain mail [55 lbs], steel shield [6 lbs]
Hands - Gauntlets
Waist - Trousers, sheathed long sword [3 lbs]
Feet - Boots
Backpack - Javelins (x5) [2 lbs each], potion of healing [0.5 lbs], gaming dice, crowbar [5 lbs], hammer [3 lbs], pitons (x10) [3 lbs], torches (x10) [10 lbs], tinderbox [1 lb], rations (x10) [20 lbs], waterskin [5 lbs], hempen rope (50') [10 lbs], a multi-colored stone disk, coins (30 GP, 5 SP)
Encumbrance: 154.5 lbs (Encumbered, Speed 20)
Stowed Gear: None

Appearance: Jason is a muscular fellow with short blond hair and brown eyes. He's usually clean shaved, but sometimes he goes a few days without shaving due to circumstance or just laziness. There's a slight scar on his left cheek. He carries himself with authority and moves with the precision one would expect from a former soldier.

Personality: Jason is unflinchingly courageous. Those who have fought alongside him say he is frightened of nothing. This isn't true, he's just good at hiding it. Part of his army training was learning to suppress his feelings in a crisis, including fear. Normally, he hides any negative emotions behind a mask of humor.

He's also quite altruistic. Jason is protective of others and hates to see others suffer for any reason. He can't stand bullies and will usually side with the underdog in any struggle. He's particularly compassionate toward children and the elderly.

However, Jason can be quite stubborn, too. He tends to think he always know best and has a difficult time admitting he is ever wrong. This, too, comes from his army training as it was bad form for a commanding officer to show weakness to the troops.

Finally, Jason is fiercely independent, but this was not always so. While in the army he obediently obeyed orders without question. But after being forced to commit atrocities, he realized that blindly following orders led to tyranny. Now he is somewhat distrustful of authority, including both the Empire and the Church.

History: Jason was born the bastard son of a barmaid in a run-down town tavern in the capital city. One day, while he and sister were in the market shopping, they were attacked by a couple of ruffians who wanted their coin. Rather than submit, Jason savagely attacked one, despite being only a child of 10. Not only did they take the money, but they beat the crap out of Jason. But the distraction was enough that they weren't able to touch his sister before the guard arrived and drove them off.

A nobleman named Count Talbot had witnessed the encounter and it was he who had summoned the guards. He was impressed with Jason's tenacity, and saw potential in the boy. Taking a liking to him, he sponsored him for the Imperial Army.

Jason was excited at the idea of fighting for Aeros and the Arisen Empire. He trained hard in the army, learning how to fight, how to control his emotions, how to read and write, and a number of other skills including strategy, tactics, history and even gambling (the soldiers needed to do something to pass the time during downtime).

Eventually, he managed to climb the ranks and gain command of his own unit. However, during this time he was ordered to do some pretty horrific things in the name of the empire. He quickly became disillusioned and started openly questioning everything he had ever been taught.

A year ago, he resigned formally from the army. However, this left him with no way to provide for his mother and sister and nothing to do. All he knew was how to fight. He couldn't see himself serving drinks or doing laundry for the rest of his life. So he decided to strike out on his own as a mercenary. That way he could choose his own jobs, be his own boss and help fight for the helpless.

When he learned of the job on Wovara from Lord Collins, he jumped at the idea and was among the first to sign up. Wovara was far enough from the empire where he could be independent and away from anyone who might know him. He could start fresh, on the edge of the empire, and try to atone for his deeds in the military.
Attachments
Jason Barker.jpg
Jason Barker.jpg (123.08 KiB) Viewed 9732 times
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Sornin the Gnome Bard

It is a pdf on google docs.

Sornin lives life freely, always hoping to make the next big score so he can just live one more cushy night in a fancy inn with people serving him.

He loves it when he can somehow look down on someone else.
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

Ivare (chese780)
Male Tiefling Fighter Folk Hero: Age 21, HT 5'7'', WT 149lbs (TN)
STR 17 (+3) | DEX 15 (+2) | CON 14 (+2) | INT 12 (+1) | WIS 12 (+1) | CHA 10 (0) |
HP: 12/12 XP: 0/300
Encumbrance: 109lbs | Max: 85 (255) | Status: Lightly Encumbered, 20ft |
Combat:
AC: 13 = 11 + 2 [Dex] | Initiative +2
Proficiency Bonus: +2 | Passive Perception 13 |
Saves: *STR +5 | DEX +2 | *CON +4 | INT +1 | WIS +1 | CHA 0
DMG: Greatsword [+5 to hit; 2d6+3 slashing]; Handaxe [+5 to hit; 1d6+3 slashing; Thrown 20/60]; Longbow [+4 to hit; 1d8+2 piercing; Range 150/600 ]; Crossbow(Heavy) [+4 to hit; 1d10+2 piercing; Range 100/400]
Abilities:
Racial: Hellish Resistance (Resistance to Fire damage), Infernal Legacy(3rd + 5th Level bonus 1/day spell)
Skills: Acrobatics (+2), Animal Handling (+3), Arcana (+1), Athletics (+3), Deception (0), History (+1), Insight (+1), Intimidation (0), Investigation (+1), Medicine (+1), Nature (+1), Perception (+3), Performance (0), Persuasion (0), Religion (+1), Sleight of Hand (+2), Stealth (+2), Survival (+3)
Class: Greatweapon Fighting (Reroll 1or2 on weapons with Two-handed or Versatile property; Take new roll even if 1 or 2), Second Wind (1d10+Flevel hp; 1/sRest)
Proficiencies: Simple + Martial Prof. Light, Medium, Heavy, Shield Prof. Smith’s tools.
Background: Smith's Tools; Feature - Rustic Hospitality; Land Vehicles.
Languages: Infernal(S/R/W), Common(S/R/W)
Gear:
Clothing: Common clothes (Brown shirt, dark brown breeches)
Head -
Neck - Necklace (rQs)
Torso - Leather armor [10lbs], Sifweyer [6lbs], Crossbow(Heavy) [18lbs], Backpack [5lbs], Quiver [1lb]
Hands - Leather gloves
Waist - Belt, Belt pouch [1lb], (2)Handaxe [4lbs]
Feet - Black leather boots.
Backpack - Bedroll [7lbs], Messkit [1lb], Tinderbox [1lb], Torches(10) [1lbs], Rations (10d) [20lbs], Waterskin [5lbs], 50f Rope(H) [10lbs], Iron pot [10lbs], Smith’s Tools, Shovel [5lbs]
Belt Pouch - 4gp, 3sp, 8cp, Bolts(40) [3lbs]
Quiver - Arrows (20) [1lb]
Magic:
Thaumaturgy Cantrip

Description:
Ivare is a fairly well-built man, coming in at a little over five and a half feet. He has black hair, tan-ish skin, and red eyes. Being a Tiefling, Ivare has a set of red horns protruding from the top of his head and a long, red tail. His eyes are not the typical blank eyes, but do indeed contain an iris and pupil, making them look a little more normal.

Sifweyer is a large iron greatsword with a red leather hand wrap. Its properties are known only to the family it belongs to. (Name is not listed for a reason.)

Personality:
Ivare has an intense dislike for anything from the Abyss, or anything that fits the description of a fiend.
Hardworking. Tries to have fun. Independent. Try-hard-ish.

Backstory:
I'd rather have this come up in the story. No point in letting anyone try and pull it.
Characters:
Drav - Lost Souls: Octhania
Elf - Fighter/Thief - Smith
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Felran - War of teh Lance
Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
Grey Elf - Wu-jen Elementalist (Fire)