Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

OOC Thread

A D&D 5E homebrew, a short tale to get to grips with this new system. Many travel to Wovara, a mostly uncharted isle on the fringes of civilisation, where man attempts to stake a claim against nature and the unknown.

Moderator: mgbevan

mgbevan
Guildmaster
Guildmaster
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: OOC Thread

Post by mgbevan »

Sounds good, feel free to begin posting in character once you have an idea of what their personality is like
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

mgbevan, I posted my character up for your approval in the 'Character descriptions' thread.

I was a little vague in some parts of his history, because I didn't know much about the empire. What rank he acquired and what atrocities he may have committed, I'll leave up to you. I also figure that trinket he got (the colorful stone disk) was something he picked up while in the army.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Ok Sornin is posted.

Don't be nice. I'm sure I missed something.

I missed my 2 cantrips. That will be added tonight.
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

so i was trying to use my warlocks telepathy to read his mind for the answer to the dinner question if that wasn't clear but i think i had the power wrong it only lets me communicate with them so one could asume i could try to ask mentaly and hope they blurt out the answer but ill go with an investigation roll maybe? let me know
Characters:
Demiplane of Dread - Cross aka the dagger mage
Classic Puzzle-Cait aka the angel of death
Tales from Golden City-max aka Lady Red Fox
The Forge-dm
Genwald-Elden aka the SoulForger
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

You could say in their mind, What did I eat? lol and they answer.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

It does look like its just broadcasting - not receiving..
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

the way i read it i could receive but only willingly like you could answer my question in your mind if i asked but that defeats the trying to be sneaky and read your mind
Characters:
Demiplane of Dread - Cross aka the dagger mage
Classic Puzzle-Cait aka the angel of death
Tales from Golden City-max aka Lady Red Fox
The Forge-dm
Genwald-Elden aka the SoulForger
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Yep. I think that ESP as an ongoing power is, with no saving throw specified, too powerful for 5th.
If you have a good look at 5th, it essentially a) removed the 'to hit'/AC/DC escalation race, b) strips out lots of rules and favours descriptive, c) is powergamer-proof.

As an undercurrent, it goes out of its way to promote "feel-good", e.g. there are few penalties per se, only bonuses. e.g. you're not at -2 to hit, they get a +2AC, or even during char gen, no more -2 to CHAR etc, only bonuses! (albeit from a lower base.)

As an afterthought, GM can of course allow whatever you can persuade him to.
mgbevan
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by mgbevan »

It's looking good Jaded. I might change all of the character sheets into that to make it easier to edit and keep track of the stat's on this forum where everyone can see it.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

@Nocterno: Thx, nice description. :)
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Thanks!
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

@Rivi: Gotit; thanks!
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Temple of Aeros?
In England, Aeros are bars of chocolate fille with air bubbles.
So is "Aeros" actually a religion in Wovara? If so, can I have some details please?
(I was being careful to keep my posts religion-generic until such time as the GM sketched in any detail..)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Yes, it's here, in the "Setting info and descriptions" thread.
mgbevan wrote:The prevailing religion within the Arisen Empire are the Followers of Aeros. Magic and other religions are tolerated, as long as they do not conflict, but the Followers of Aeros are the reason that the Arisen Empire has come into fruition. They believe in intervening, pre-empting the actions of foes and that the ends justify the means in order to preserve their righteous peace. They appear content and able to justify anything in the name of their religion, and this policy has seen an extended period of peace for man under the Empire. However, not so many years ago a civil war erupted within the Followers of Aeros. There were those that believed that a more friendly and diplomatic approach to relations with other societies was the true path. Starkly contrasting the “crusade and smite now, ask questions later,” traditional approach. The latter group being far more zealous and devout were successful in this conflict and firmly cemented the traditional position. The result of this being that the public is not widely informed about other civilisations and are only told of the glorious crusades, victories and interventions that the Arisen Empire. The residents of the capital are therefore ignorant of other uncivilised peoples and are self-obsessed with their importance. People living on the fringes of the Empire are much more easy going, accepting of others and worldly.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

I see a bard tale in that quote!