Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Episode Four - Forecastle cabin

The Liora has a curse, no one will sail her, will you take the Councils Offer to rid the ship of its curse?

2nd Edition game for up to 5 players.

Moderator: SilverBen

SpiderReaver
Peasant
Peasant
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Episode Four - Forecastle cabin

Post by SpiderReaver »

Nalanilos looks around, observing the sleeping mats, as well as the hammocks. Hearing Hazel's comments about moving them, he pauses to think for a moment to himself and watches as Varis help's Hazel move the sleeping mats over the hatch. "I wonder why the door latch? where does it lead to? Do we wish to cover it? Why isn't it more secured? Why were there three hammocks, yet two sleeping mats? Did they play chance to see who lost to sleep on the floor? The inner thoughts quickly ran through his mind in the quick span of a couple of minutes all the while, besides the priests on the outside chanting, a new voice could be heard.

This female voice saddened Nalanilos, his normal cheerful disposition, replaced by a solemn look... one of saddness, he didn't know how to react to it. It was the first time he had heard sadness in a song, as well as it being in a voice of an Elvish female.... Nalanilos whispered softly "Her sadness, I have never heard of an Elf being sad. Especially a woman, why does this happen Hazel?

Nalanilos stays close by the party, not to far out of reach as he didn't want to get yelled at for not paying attention to where he was walking....again....., but this song was sung of sadness, and it was uncomfortable to him. When the singing stopped and the only word that was audible spoken, he couldn't help but think to himself as his inner voice was overridden by his mouth and he spoke softly "Sorrow? Who died?" Upon realization that he spoke out loud, he felt embarrassed and shrunk his head a little as if trying to make himself not stick out too much
"L'Oloth wun vel'bolen dos lac, zhah naut zuch vel'bol dos xal ragar" ~SpiderReaver
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Perhaps we are looking at this the wrong way.." Pausing she snaps her head to Nalanilos, her expression curls to one that might be considered a smile.. "Indeed, good question. Either someone truly feels sorrow over a loss.. Perhaps family, or.." She shudders. "A lover..Why you'd tie yourself to another beats me.. Or they are using it as a ploy."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
mike_c
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by mike_c »

kneels on the hatchway I opened, staring into the opening " yes even Elves get sad at times, When you live a while longer you might answer your question yourself as to why some tie themselves with another. It must be a great loss that she suffered perhaps the love of her life or possibly a child, I do not think this is a ploy by anyone but if it is who do you think is using it Hazel?'
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SilverBen »

(OOC: For Varis only) As Varis looks down past the hatch door opening, he sees a wooden ladder descending the middle deck of The Liora. To his surprise, he also sees the delicate figure of an elven maiden sitting on the the bowspirit. She wears a loose, simple garment that barely covers her shoulders. She gasps and lifts her head startled by the hatch door opening above her. Her eyes stream with tears and she looks frightened. She unfolds her arms, springs off the bowspirit heading towards midships in a flash of movement and disappears from his view.

(OOC: For Hazel, Nalanilos, and Deephart) Meanwhile, Hazel and Nalanilos feel the urgent scurry of light footsteps vibrating from the middle deck underneath them. The footsteps lead behind them for only a few seconds until the simply stop somewhere midship, where Deephart still stands. Silence and stillness follows.

(OOC: Please make final posts to this thread and decide what the party will do next, as we are ready to conclude Episode 4. I will look to Jenara to decide as Hazel seems to be the leader. As usual, I will be offline from around now until late Sat night, Feb 27.)
Attachments
Varis's view of the middle deck from the hatch door
Varis's view of the middle deck from the hatch door
hatch view of middle_deck.png (106.07 KiB) Viewed 6473 times
I try to post at least once daily, late at night in the Eastern (New York) Time Zone.
I am not available Friday nights to at least two hours after sundown on Saturday.
You may contact me at 917-426-4483
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"What do you see?" Hazel asks Varis as the steps vanished.. "And I've lived long enough thank you."

"Do we go down, or check the cabins.?"
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
mike_c
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by mike_c »

eyes widen seeing the maid gasps slightly in surprise his instincts failing him thinks " did not see that one coming', speaking softly so those close can hear, " an elven maid crying and scared running amid ships" Varis goes thru the hatch, sheathes his sword and calls out in Elven " My Lady please do not be scared my name is Varis and I mean you no harm, I swear this on the honor of our ancestors. Please speak with me tell me what has you so saddened, there must be a way that I may assist you and help the situation."
:: listens for any response or noise::
"I must find the maid and assist her Hazel come if you wish or stay and check the cabin"
Last edited by mike_c on Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Hazel moves to the hatch, but doesn't climb it.. "Hold.." She says in a low voice, "That was foolish, for all we know that could be a trick." She watches Varis climb the ladder, pausing to see how it turns out.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
SpiderReaver
Peasant
Peasant

Post by SpiderReaver »

Nalanilos turns his head back and forth towards Varis and Hazel, confused by the difference of opinion, yet unsure of what he would do... Not knowing of too much of feelings of sadness. He is unsure of why Varis would be so eager to follow someone he doesn't know to assist, without weighing the options. Yet he, isn't quite sure, why Hazel, doesn't seem to show the emotion and seems to be more calculating and thinking. Clearly opposite of what he would think would normally would happen. However, he chooses to follow Hazel, perhaps by the sheer aspect that he is enthralled by her presence and ability to take charge, which is completely unique from his home, and with dealing with his Master.

"I'll just follow where you are going Hazel, it would seem to better.... well at least I think it would be, considering that I am do not really know how to react to such sadness. So rather deal with no emotion, than sad emotion."

He then, waits to see what happens, but, keeps a watchful eye out and keeping alert while waiting for the next step...
"L'Oloth wun vel'bolen dos lac, zhah naut zuch vel'bol dos xal ragar" ~SpiderReaver
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SilverBen »

[OOC: Thread closed - With DramaLlama back, I'm locking this thread and continuing in Episode Five.]
I try to post at least once daily, late at night in the Eastern (New York) Time Zone.
I am not available Friday nights to at least two hours after sundown on Saturday.
You may contact me at 917-426-4483