Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Episode Three - Boarding the Liora

The Liora has a curse, no one will sail her, will you take the Councils Offer to rid the ship of its curse?

2nd Edition game for up to 5 players.

Moderator: SilverBen

SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Episode Three - Boarding the Liora

Post by SilverBen »

(OOC: Rolling and posting for DramaLlama.) Deephart snaps to attention as the barrel rumbles past the nimble Nalanilos. Deephart also manages to jump away from the barrels pat. It continues rolling past Deephart towards Varis and Hazel. Varis leaps to the cargo hold doors while the barrel smashes against the steps rising to the foredeck and showers the upperdeck with grains.

(OOC: The barrel attack was not successful and concludes Round Two. In Round Three, Hazel successfully dodges the two lengths of ropes attacking her on the foredeck. Nalamilos, Deephart, and Varis can all clearly see Hazel bounding and making every effort to avoid becoming ensnared in the rope.

SpiderReaver, DramaLlama, and Mike_C, please declare actions for your characters in Round 3. Hazel already took her round 3 action trying to avoid the rope attack.)
I try to post at least once daily, late at night in the Eastern (New York) Time Zone.
I am not available Friday nights to at least two hours after sundown on Saturday.
You may contact me at 917-426-4483
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SilverBen »

Jenara wrote:Taking a deep breath Hazel jumps up flipping onto the forecastle and surveying the scene.
Hazel lands gracefully on the fore deck. As she checks her surroundings, she notices four coils of rope lying neatly against the railings, two coils along each side of the fore deck. The two coils closest to her begin to animate...

(OOC: Jenara, please make four Strength checks, two for each coil of rope attacking Hazel within range. The sequencing is significant.
  1. If Hazel succeeds on the first Strength check for a single coil of rope, then the rope's initial attack failed to snare her feet. If this happens, then disregard the second Strength check. The rope recoils itself and waits for another attack while she remains withing range.
  2. If Hazel fails the first check but succeeds on the second Strength check: One end of the rope wraps tightly around her feet, while the other end flies up to a spar. As Hazel is hauled into the air upside down, she manages to break free of the rope. She suffers only 1d6 points of damage falling to the deck, but she avoids all other effects of being thrown overboard.
  3. If Hazel fails both Strength checks for a single coil of rope, then it successfully attacks Hazel for the most devastating effect: One end of the rope wraps tightly around her feet, while the other end flies up to a spar. Hazel will be hauled into the air upside down, banged once against a mast (for 1d6 points of damage), and tossed overboard (for no additional damage but she does not know how to swim. Refer to rules for Swimming under Chapter 14 in the PHB.)
I try to post at least once daily, late at night in the Eastern (New York) Time Zone.
I am not available Friday nights to at least two hours after sundown on Saturday.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Check one: str [1d20] = 11 passed. Ignoring two.

Check three: Str [1d20] = 8 passed. Ignoring four.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
mike_c
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by mike_c »

" quickly we need to get all the rope overboard, anything loose that can be a weapon used against us. can anyone detect invisibility? "

I run to the rope coils closest to the cargo hold door I am standing on the port side ( the side where the opening of stairway going down) and throw them overboard
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SilverBen »

Jenara wrote:Check one: str [1d20] = 11 passed. Ignoring two.

Check three: Str [1d20] = 8 passed. Ignoring four.
(OOC: Nice rolls! +250 XP for avoiding the barrel attack!)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(Ooc: not sure how Varis saw that from over on the hatch, but his premise is sound.)

"Damn Wizards tricks!" Hazel pants taking a step back, "Someone find a net, or an old sail, we need to cover the ropes and get them overboard."

How far away are the bolts of wool and the wheelbarrow?
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SilverBen »

[quote="Jenara"...How far away are the bolts of wool and the wheelbarrow?[/quote]

Hazel spots the wheelbarrow resting motionless and overturned (OOC: 50' away from her), in front of the aft deck,with bolts of wool underneath its weight.
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SilverBen »

SilverBen wrote: ...(OOC: The barrel attack was not successful and signifies the end of Round Two. In Round Three, Hazel successfully dodges the two lengths of ropes attacking her on the foredeck. Nalamilos, Deephart, and Varis can all clearly see Hazel bounding and making every effort to avoid becoming ensnared in the rope.

SpiderReaver, DramaLlama, and Mike_C, please declare actions for your characters in Round 3. Hazel already took her round 3 action trying to avoid the rope attack.)
mike_c
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by mike_c »

OOC we all saw Hazel trying to avoid rope attacks. i did declare varis' action he is running to the coils on port side to throw the rope overboard
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(Occ: Good call)

Borderlands 3 - Navi
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SilverBen »

Varis approaches the ropes intending to to toss them overboard and they come to life, as they did in their attack on Hazel.

(OOC: I will ask the classic DM question to Mike_C: "Are you sure you want to do that?" I'm giving you the option to change course of action but I will generously reward Varis with XP if you want Varis to proceed with tossing the ropes overboard

In full disclosure, proceeding on the current course of action requires Varis to make four Strength checks, two for each coil of rope attacking Varis within range. The sequencing is significant.

1. If Varis succeeds on the first Strength check for a single coil of rope, then the rope's initial attack failed to snare his feet. If this happens, then disregard the second Strength check. The rope recoils itself and waits for another attack while he remains withing range.
  2. If Varis fails the first check but succeeds on the second Strength check: One end of the rope wraps tightly around his feet, while the other end flies up to a spar. As Varis is hauled into the air upside down, he manages to break free of the rope. He suffers only 1d6 points of damage falling to the deck, but he avoids all other effects of being thrown overboard.
  3. If Varis fails both Strength checks for a single coil of rope, then it successfully attacks Varis for the most devastating effect: One end of the rope wraps tightly around his feet, while the other end flies up to a spar. Varis will be hauled into the air upside down, banged once against a mast (for 1d6 points of damage), and tossed overboard (for no additional damage but he does not know how to swim. Refer to rules for Swimming under Chapter 14 in the PHB.)
mike_c
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by mike_c »

OOC yes Varis continues his action

Input: varis strength check [1d20]
Output: varis strength check [1d20] = 2
ignores second roll for first rope

Input: varis strength check [1d20]
Output: varis strength check [1d20] = 7
ignores second roll for second rope

Varis rushes past the rope attack not really paying the attack very much attention as he is determined to do what he set out to do, after dodging the attack he grabs the nearest coil and tosses it overboard

Input: varis attack on rope coil [1d20+3]
Output: varis attack on rope coil [1d20+3] = 19+3 = 22
OOC +1 FROM CHANT +2 FROM ABILITTY EITHER STR OR DEX AC6 VARIS NEEDS A 13 TO HIT IT
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SilverBen »

The lengths of rope animate and rise in a coordinated attack on Varis. They slither speedily along deck in an attempt to entrap his feet. Nevertheless, Varis nimbly snatches each length of rope from below him and casts them high into the air. They fly limp and lifelessly until they splash down in the waters forty and forty-five feet away without any sign of movement again.

(OOC: Despite Varis having very high Strength, the rolls were quite good. Well done, and thanks for proceeding with the action. Neutralizing those two ropes earned some good experience points. That action will earn Varis a total of 750 XP)
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SilverBen »

Jenara wrote:"Damn Wizards tricks!" Hazel pants taking a step back, "Someone find a net, or an old sail, we need to cover the ropes and get them overboard."
(OOC: My apologies to Jenara, I neglected to reward Hazel for avoiding the ropes as well. It will be slightly less than the reward Varis received for casting the ropes off the ship and neutralizing the threat, but nevertheless, that action will earn Hazel an additional 375 XP.)
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SilverBen »

SpiderReaver wrote:Nalanilos looks behind him as he hears the barrel rolling, yelling ahead,"Incoming barrel roll! and leaps to the right with ease, rolling out of the way to look back at the direction of where the barrel came from.
(OOC: SpiderReaver, well done, that action will earn Nalanilos 125 XP.)