Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Episode Three - Boarding the Liora

The Liora has a curse, no one will sail her, will you take the Councils Offer to rid the ship of its curse?

2nd Edition game for up to 5 players.

Moderator: SilverBen

SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Episode Three - Boarding the Liora

Post by SilverBen »

The upper deck of the Liora is 70 feet long and 20 feet wide. A main mast rises from the center approximately halfway between where the fore deck and aft deck rise several steps up. The upper deck features:
  • main mast (approximately 3' diameter.
  • several coils of rope
  • rigging connecting to the sails overhead
  • two doors to a cabin under the fore deck
  • two doors to a cabin under the aft deck
  • two closed cargo hold doors
  • stairwell down to the lower deck
  • two life rafts raised and in locked position
The fore and aft decks are visible and appear empty except for their fixtures:
  • fore mast on the fore deck
  • several coils of rope on the fore deck
  • bowspirit extending off the fore deck
  • mizzen mast on the aft deck
  • wheel on the aft deck
  • an uncovered chest on the aft deck
(OOC: Please use the Out of Character Chat to discuss what will be your marching order, if you choose to move together. If you choose to move individually, please give specific descriptions of where the character goes and what the character intends to do over the next turn.)

The Brothers Sagan and Keane chant with their palms raised towards the party on the ship. (OOC: The priests will continue to chant for as many rounds as their Constitution scores, and then require an Ability Check to continue. When a priest cannot continue, he wil shortly return to the seminary at the Temple of the God of Abundance and the bonuses mentioned at the end of Episode Two will end.))
Attachments
liora_aft_deck.png
liora_aft_deck.png (536.2 KiB) Viewed 11895 times
liora_fore_deck.png
liora_fore_deck.png (444.88 KiB) Viewed 11895 times
liora_upper_deck - center.png
liora_upper_deck - center.png (629.86 KiB) Viewed 11895 times
I try to post at least once daily, late at night in the Eastern (New York) Time Zone.
I am not available Friday nights to at least two hours after sundown on Saturday.
You may contact me at 917-426-4483
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Re: Episode Three - Boarding the Liora

Post by Jenara »

Taking the lead Hazel runs a finger down her sword hilt before snapping her head to the doors. "Whatever is here we won't find it above deck. We need to check that chest, then choose a door. Fore first, then aft."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
mike_c
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by mike_c »

lets Hazel pass and take the lead, listens to her suggestions " Hazel that sounds alright but I want to check out the main cargo hatch, that is what fell and injured the ships builder" go to the hatch and pays close attention to the hatch, the lock, hinges everything possible to see if any reason can be found why this fell and hurt his new friend.
SpiderReaver
Peasant
Peasant

Post by SpiderReaver »

Nalanilos follows suit with caution as he listens to Varis's words to Hazel, his hand resting on the hilt of his sword, eyes keenly observing the path ahead of them. His inner voice speaking to himself almost inquisitively

"Who would build a defective boat? Much less, sail on said defective boat? Anyways, the human... she looks nice, for a human... the hair tho... so long of hair.... so black.... wonder why she keeps it so long..... Varis.... On man... innerself makes sure not to upset him.... he looks like he is mean and just tolerates the rest of the group... I just hope I don't upset the Master.... this is the first long trip and mission he has sent me on. Don't want to screw it up....what was his name..... oh yea... Tranta'chilla...... *shivers as if a slight chill overtook him, disturbing his thought, returning him to the present... he stops, almost suddenly before walking into Hazel....
"L'Oloth wun vel'bolen dos lac, zhah naut zuch vel'bol dos xal ragar" ~SpiderReaver
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Mind on the job." Hazel comments using her palm to deflect the approaching Nalanilos. "Agreed, we move to the front of the vessel. The cargo hatch is on the way."

(Bearings were off, the chest is to the aft.)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
DramaLlama
Peasant
Peasant

Post by DramaLlama »

Deephart follows Hazel cautiously, scanning the area to see if anything looks out of the ordinary.
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SilverBen »

(OOC: Round 2) The party carefully traverses the upper deck of The Liora with Hazel leading the party towards the forecastle, followed by Varis and Deephart. Nalanilos trails in the rear. The only sound heard is the mystical chanting from the Brothers Keane and Sagan on the dock. (OOC: FYI for all players, this the first round of the Brothers casting the second level Priest spell, Chant. They will continue their Chant for at least the next eight rounds with the entire ship within the range of effect. Refer to the second level Priest spell, Chant in the PHB for the complete spell description.)

The Liora's upper deck is cluttered in a silent testimony of the frantic scene that left her abandoned for the past week. Two barrels apparently fell and one of them broke open its seal at the top, spilling grains out on the floor. Three lengths of hemp rope are strewn across the upper deck as well. A wheelbarrow lies toppled over with many bolts of spun wool beside it.

As the party passes the cargo hold doors besides the stairwell going down, they notice the heavy hatches are lying flat and fully closed. Each of the two doors can be secured shut with a belaying pin, but is currently unsecured. The cargo doors are not solid, but are instead constructed of a thick wooden lattice that makes it possible to see down to the lower deck when standing close enough of above them.

(OOC: Jenara, your choice for round three: Hazel is currently passing the cargo doors towards the forecastle. She can...
  1. continue leading the party towards the forecastle
  2. go down the stairwell
  3. reverse direction, leading the party towards the aft deck and mizzen mast
  4. interact with any other part of the environment, such as cargo doors, wheelbarrow, barrels, ropes, rigging, etc
  5. take another action not listed
I try to post at least once daily, late at night in the Eastern (New York) Time Zone.
I am not available Friday nights to at least two hours after sundown on Saturday.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Varis." She motions to the cargo doors, "if you are planning on opening them, please warm us."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
mike_c
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by mike_c »

looking at the hinges and latches and thru the lattice work to the lower deck, sliding a belaying pin to secure the hatch. " lead the way Hazel this is not going to come open on us."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Varis and I'll will give the Forecastle a quick glance. Could you two watch those doors? Can either of you detect magic?" Shge asks, foot on the first step.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
mike_c
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by mike_c »

" Hazel pretty much all I have studied about magic is to identify the magic casters as I take them out first when I fight them. lets hurry and check it out, Guys keep a careful watch out and yell for us if you need us to return" follows Hazel and draws his sword in case he needs it
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SilverBen »

mike_c wrote:looking at the hinges and latches and thru the lattice work to the lower deck, sliding a belaying pin to secure the hatch. " lead the way Hazel this is not going to come open on us."
Varis can see the hinges of the cargo doors are well-oiled. Their frame around the lattice is made of a sturdy oak wood, sharply cut at right angles, that still carries the pungent scent of fresh stain. Peering below deck reveals nothing but darkness beyond the cone of the overhead sunlight. Varis reaches over to the cargo hold doors and secures them with a belaying pin (OOC: Well done, Mike_C! That action will earn Varis an additional 75XP.)

A faint crackling and popping sound attracts the party's attention towards the toppled barrels. One of the barrels slowly rotates, crushing the dried grains beneath it. At first this happens imperceptibly but it quickly becomes clear that something other than the rocking of the ship in the tide is causing the barrel to turn until it rests momentarily perpendicular to Varis. Suddenly, as if shoved by some invisible force with tremendous strength, the barrel rumbles across the deck towards Nalanilos and Deephart, then Varis, and then Hazel

(OOC: Assume the barrel rolls in a more or less straight line that threatens each character starting in sequence with Nalanilos and ending with Hazel. When the barrel reaches each character, each character may take one of the following actions
  1. Jump out of the barrel's path, make a Dexterity check. Please describe the results in character.
  2. Outrun the barrel, make a Dexterity check. Please describe the results in character.
  3. Destroy the barrel by attacking with a weapon. Specify the weapon used and make an attack roll

Barrel statistics:
  • AC 6
  • 10hp
  • Damage: 1d6
  • Movement Rate: 40' per round
  • Special defenses: Takes only half damage from slashing weapons.
  • Takes full damage from bludgeoning weapons
SpiderReaver
Peasant
Peasant

Post by SpiderReaver »

Nalanilos looks behind him as he hears the barrel rolling, yelling ahead,"Incoming barrel roll! and leaps to the right with ease, rolling out of the way to look back at the direction of where the barrel came from.

(ooc)Dex roll:5, Ability score 18
"L'Oloth wun vel'bolen dos lac, zhah naut zuch vel'bol dos xal ragar" ~SpiderReaver
mike_c
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by mike_c »

hears the shout from the rear glances quickly then jumps onto the cargo hold doors
OOC roll 7 dex 18

when he lands safely on the lattice work hatch kneels and touches the wood and speaks softly in elvish " friend I thought we had this settled that you were going to help me not try to kill me. would you rather I let them just drag you out and burn you down?
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I think, this ship might be angry. Oh dear." Taking a deep breath Hazel jumps up flipping onto the forecastle and surveying the scene. She reminds herself to look for trip wires next time.

url=http://unseenservant.com/default.asp?do ... 49&macid=0][1d20] = 2[/url] dex 18.

Borderlands 3 - Navi