Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 15: There and Back Again

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 15: There and Back Again

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn, Baeros, Drav and Naras (Shantytown)
The group disembarks the Seleya and returns to the shantytown. By this point, the sun is starting to go down so the sailors are setting up lanterns. They find Elisa near the center again, still coordinating with her crew to make sure everything will be set up before nightfall.

Gallath (Ruined City, Southwest)
"Both good questions," Naishe answers, putting a finger to her chin thoughtfully. "I suppose the best way would be to--"

She is not able to finish her thought, as the entire building suddenly shakes. The roof on the west side of the building begins to collapse, forcing the two rogues to quickly move to the east side. Soon, a large whole is in the roof, taking up half of the building. When the dust clears, Penta climbs out of the hole, up onto the ceiling. "Aha!" she shouts, drawing her sword and shield. "Now you two demons will face my wrath!"

"Damn it, how did you do that?!" demands Naishe, drawing her daggers. She glances over the edge of the building. Climbing down would take too long and leave them exposed to Penta's attacks. Leaping down would be suicidal. And there are no other intact buildings near enough for them to jump to.

"I am a demon slayer. I have many powers," Penta says.

However, before either side can take any actions, all three of them pause when they hear a loud croaking sound from below. Emerging from the hole Penta just made is a red slaad. It grabs the surprised demon slayer and throws her back into the hole triumphantly. She cries out and crashes down somewhere down there. The slaad then turns to the other two.

Gallath had seen one before, on the Bullring. But by the time he had helped fight off the zombies, Sierra and Terra had managed to slay it. They aren't around to do that now, though.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn falls back to let Baeros and Naras do their thing since they talked to Elisa before, she assumes, for the patrol. She looks up that the sky, and frowns slightly. "It is starting to get dark."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Everybody went off on their own business, like you and me" Ouragana informs Val. "I haven't seen them in hours. Let's hope they return safely" she adds, looking at the setting sun.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Hello Elisa! You heard what happened on the patrol? The air-touched paralysed most of the patrol and then set the slaad that it controlled on us? The Captain is trying to Raise the pair that fell," gushes Naras. "And we were looking for elven male, Gallath. Don't suppose you've seen him and might know which way he went? Do you run patrols at night? If so, and Gallath went into the ruins, would the same group be up for another patrol - we could join forces on this one?" She pauses for breath as much as for any reply.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"What is all that mumbling about air touched man? Can't you speak like a normal man? Or dwarf? Even grandpa Brock speaks normally!" He then turns to Elisa, "Hi again, we wanted to find Gallath, but I guess it's too late now that the sun set. I don't think his falcon will be able to trace survivors at darkness. Although it is true that we can go on more patrols if needed."
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

Drav continues to look around, "Anyone got a spare lantern?"
Characters:
Drav - Lost Souls: Octhania
Elf - Fighter/Thief - Smith
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Felran - War of teh Lance
Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
Grey Elf - Wu-jen Elementalist (Fire)
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn looks down at Brock for a moment before she runs her hand over her face. "Way to bombard the woman with questions, guys," she says with a sigh. "I don't know much about air touched men," she admits. "But we are officially looking for our friend, Gallath."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn, Baeros, Drav and Naras (Shantytown)
"No idea who this Gallath fellow is you all keep mentioning," Elisa replies. "Never heard of him. But whoever he is, he's not on a patrol. There are no night patrols and the last of the day patrols have already returned. We won't be sending any more until morning."
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Your call, Pastor. If you wish my help, you shall have it," declares Naras, enunciating even more clearly than normal.
She eyes Baeros, daring him to say she mumbled.
Last edited by Chris1234 on Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Baeros looks above Naras, not even getting she eyes him. "Maybe you will meet Gallath tomorrow. Do you need any urgent help in the shantytown? If not we will head back to the Bullring." Baeros says to Elisa.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn frowns as she turns to look towards the ruins. "I don't like the idea of him being out there by himself," she says. "But we don't know where he went either, so we don't have much of a choice other than to go back to the Bullring."
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"The offer stands, Pastor. Call me if and when you need me," responds Naras, who then heads back to the Bullring to let the other two have whatever conversation they want in private.

At an appropriate point after returning to the Bullring, the dwarf casts Create Food & Water, and fills her waterskin from it before sustaining herself with the bland food and water. She invites whoever wants to to join her.

After eating, Naras finds wherever she can as a private place and after appropriately disrobing has a stand up wash with the water from the waterskin. Afterwards, re-clothed, she then settles down to pray to Gonto for guidance on the genasai, the book, and how to try and save Narin, before finally falling asleep.
Last edited by Chris1234 on Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

When Naras offers her food around, Ouragana asks her curiously: "Why do you prefer this bland food to what the ship has to offer?"
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"I'm just offering to share what I have," replies Naras. "I wasn't part of the group for which any agreements were made and the captain told me to keep out of the way. My poor start with the group caused strained relationships. I've therefore been careful not to impose on the ship's hospitality, which, other than passage, wasn't offered to me. I have insufficient coin to pay for passage or unnecessarily for sustenance from the ship. In offering freely what I have, I'm trying to demonstrate that I'm not meaning to be antisocial or standoffi-sh. Essentially the group seems to be lead by Pastor Blaine and I think I alienated her. I'm trying to be judged by what I do rather than what I say - the latter always seems to come out wrong when I'm talking to more than one person. But I would thank you for noticing and caring. Would you like some food? It is very nourishing."
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val rests for a while before finding something to eat and resting.