Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 15: There and Back Again

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

BishGada
Viscount
Viscount
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 15: There and Back Again

Post by BishGada »

Baeros looks at Naras and grunts, "Where did YOU come from?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn, Baeros, Drav and Naras (Aboard the Seleya)
The four return to the Seleya, arriving shortly after the patrols. Komal seems to have just finished explaining the situation to Saren.

"You did well to bring them to me. I can raise one today, and the other tomorrow," he says. "Go and seek out any family and friends they have aboard to attend the ceremony." Nodding, Komal, Rumari and the other sailors depart, taking the bodies down to the cargo hold until it is time for their raisings.

Ouragana Stormbride (Aboard the Bullring)
Stepping back onto the upper deck, Ouragana looks around. She notices Val is back on deck, as well. The half-orc is soaking wet and covered in wounds.

Looking over the shantytown, she sees a couple of patrols returning from the city. They look like they are carrying a couple of people.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Naras ventures with, "Sorry to interupt you, Captain, but did Komal mention the genasai or the book?"
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"The book?" Jocelyn asks. "What book are you talking about?"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragna rushes over to Val and asks: "What happened to you? Can I help you in any way?"
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Good to see you again, Master Axewielder," Saren says to Baeros. "And you must be the one called 'Drav," he adds, offering his hand to the elf. "And you must be the kohen that Pastor Blaine told me of...Naras Stonebreaker, was it?" he asks the dwarf. "I am Friar Saren, captain of the Seleya."

Saren is a half-elf, perhaps middle-aged or approaching it. He has short brown hair, a goatee and blue eyes. He also wears glasses.

"Komal did say that there was an air-touched wizard who seemed to be controlling the slaad. And that he did mention a book. It all sounds very odd. Likely he was involved with the League in some way, would be my guess. But it seems he teleported away."
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Precisely," replies Naras. "Leaguers lead by the genasai kidnapped my acolyte on Narin and killed her. The genasai was their leader, call himself 'son of Crizza', and plans to bring war and ruin to Narin and who knows where thereafter. It's likely he was behind the destruction here too. Anyway, he came here to find the whereabouts of a book that he needs to foment war in Narin. Said he has spies all over, including one on the ship we arrived on. Might be a lie to foment unrest though. Weird that for one who thrives on chaos to be so pedantic in predicting the probability of everything. He paralysed most of the patrol and then released the red slaad. While we were fighting the red slaad, it slashed me quite a few times with its claws. Apparently I need some sort of modified Remove Curse to kill the stuff it injects. Could I be shown that modified spell, please? If you need a service in return, I will pay it. Oh, and, er, pleased to meet you, Friar Saren, or, um, should I call you 'Captain'?"
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val explains, "I ran into a little bit of troubles rescuing Mist from the fishmen."

"We did some damage but they are still out there." she says, waving her hand out to the open sea.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Hi Saren." Baeros says, a little bit uncomfortable near Jocelyn. "So, you can bring people back from the dead!? Wow!" He then turns to Jocelyn making only minimum shy eye contact. "Hey Jocelyn, all is good? Do you know where is Gallath? I thought Thrax might track down survivers more easily than our patrols. Even with Takit and Hopper." He smiles fondly and his dogs and reaches to pet them and they run and jumps all around.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Uh, I guess things are okay?" Jocelyn says. After her talk with Saren, she felt better, she knew that much. "But I haven't seen Gallath."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Right." Baeros nods awkwardly to Jocelyn. "Saren, can we help you? Otherwise we still have few hours of light so if we catch Gallath and he can help with locating the survivors, we should hurry."
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

"But you would know about them?" Gallath asks. He looks around for the crazy demon-hunter.
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Captain or Friar, either will do," Saren replies. He holds his holy symbol over Naras and begins to pray. As he passes the icon over her wounds, it begins to glow. "Yes, you have been implanted with its eggs. Not to worry, removing them is simple enough. I can show you how. No payment is required."

Saren demonstrates the modified Remove Curse as he casts it upon her, destroying the eggs implanted in her. He then heals her injuries, as well. "That should cover it all."

To Baeros, he says, "If they are recently dead and it was before their time, then it is possible. But it doesn't always work. Sometimes people do not wish to come back. And if it happens too often, their body becomes too weak to hold their soul anymore. Think of it like a vase that is broken, then glued back together, then broken again and again, until the pieces are too small to put back together." He adds, "There is nothing I require help with at the moment. I must prepare for the ritual, which requires silent prayer."

Saren casts Detect Evil and then Remove Curse on Naras. He casts Cure Serious Wounds, restoring (2d8+1): 12 HP. Naras is now fully healed.

Gallath (Ruined City, Southwest)
"Sure, everyone's heard about the League, haven't they?" she answers. "I heard they were behind this city's destruction."

Gallath looks over the edge of the building, but doesn't see any sign of the demon hunter. However, he also didn't see her leave, either.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Naras nods and smiles in gratitude, "Thank you, Captain. If I may ask, have you any knowledge of this genasai, or 'Son of Crizza', as he styled himself? Or what book he could have been referring to?"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"The fishmen again?" Ouragana asks. "How is Mist? in better or worse shape than you? Jocelyn is not here, do we have to see to your wounds or will you be all right until she comes back?"
Ouragana sees Val is bleeding, but she knows too little about half-orc etiquette to outrightly offer help.
There's more to me than meets the eye...