Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 15: There and Back Again

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

spyguy1503
Lord
Lord
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 15: There and Back Again

Post by spyguy1503 »

Gallath buys himself a mango to eat, and eats it while wandering and enjoying himself. He also goes to get his cloak sewn up.
Last edited by spyguy1503 on Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

Drav continues to travel through the market, looking for a place to buy equipment... and shoes.
Characters:
Drav - Lost Souls: Octhania
Elf - Fighter/Thief - Smith
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Felran - War of teh Lance
Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
Grey Elf - Wu-jen Elementalist (Fire)
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana trails behind the others, not really comfortable, but she doesn't know what else to do. The busy market makes her acutely aware of her curse because she can't follow the conversations in the different languages as she once could. Also, she had not made a list of things needed and so had no idea what to buy. She accepts Bearos's offer fo food with a smile, though.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn, Ouragana, and Baeros (Roken's Weapons)
For two silver coins, Baeros manages to buy three pounds worth of tropical fruit which he shares with Jocelyn and Ouragana. These include bananas, mangoes, figs, papayas and pineapples. Everyone is still fairly full from the breakfast of gruel they just had on the Bullring, but the fresh fruits are tasty and refreshing after a week of bland food. He then pays 2 silver coins for two pounds of dried meat for his dogs, who happily eat it up.

At the ranger's suggestion, they check out the local leatherworker store, but there are no magical items in stock. They then head to the weaponsmith's place. A half-orc named Roken welcomes them and lets them look around. When Baeros mentions magical items, he says, "Well, there is this."

He shows them a well-made battle axe with arcane runes glittering around the blade. "I have no idea what it does, but was assured by the kohen it was magical. She asked me to sell it for her and split the profit. Any interest?"

Val Urgan (Harbor, docks)
Val agrees to pay 3,600 GP to identify the two items. She pays 700 in gold and 580 in platinum. This is what she learns of the two items:

Trident of the Hunter: This powerful trident functions as a +2 weapon. However, the item's true abilities manifest underwater. When used there, it grants the wielder the ability to track any desired creature unerringly. Once the wielder concentrates on the specific creature, the trident locates plants and animals (as the 1st level priest spell) with a range of five nautical miles. In addition, each of the trident's tines transforms into a net of snaring once per day.

Ring of Wizardry: This ring doubles the number of first level spells a wizard may prepare each day.

Gallath (Tailor)
Gallath buys a mango for a copper and then heads south to find the tailor. His current cloak, however, had large pieces torn off to make bandages. It cannot be repaired except to sew additional cloth onto it to make it longer again, which will make it look shabby. He can buy a brand new cloak, though, for 8 silver pieces.

Drav Arellax (Cobbler)
Drav finds a cobbler who is willing to sell him some nice boots for 12 silver pieces or some nice shoes for the same cost.

(OOC: Can you be more specific by what you mean by 'equipment'? Weapons? Armor? Something else entirely? This town has a weapon store and a leather armor store. There's also two regular blacksmiths, but neither make weapons or armor. The temple is also constructing a metal armor workshop, but it won't be finished for several weeks.)

Naras Stonebreaker (Temple of Gonto, Tomb)
Naras stands watching Brock pray. Either he heard her approach or just senses her presence, because he eventually sighs and stops, before turning toward her. "Something you need, kohen?" he asks, a tad testily. He gets to his feet. Although he clearly favors one leg over the other, Naras can't see any visible injury on it. He's not bleeding or anything.

(OOC: She'd need a closer look to perform a healing check and diagnose whether the leg is fixable.)
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"I came to see if there was anything I could help you with, Brock," Naras replies. "Either company in prayer or, if you wish, I could take a look at your leg to see if I can make it any better."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn munches on a mango as Baeros looks around. "Is there a place where we can take a bath?" she asks the half orc. "And perhaps buy some new clothing?"
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Looking at the beautiful axe Baeros answers waving half eaten Banana in the process, "Well, that's not my favorite weapon, but maybe Brock will like it?" He looks at Jocelyn. "How much is it anyway?"

*edit*
Hearing Jocelyn his eyes lighten up, "We can later go to wash in the sea! Like we did in Condeltun."

==========================================================
(OOC: It is possible to use two weapons when one is battle axe and the other is long sword? Can the axe be used both in melee and as a thrown weapon?)
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

"Goodbye, old friend" Gallath mutters. He buys a new cloak, as close to the old one as possible. "Do you want this one for rags or such?" he asks the vendor.
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

(OOC: Sorry Jaded, It's just how I am. I'll try to do more. Also, I have no idea what the Flametounge sword does right now, and should probs get that checked out. Right?)
(OOC: Equipment is just that. It's everything I can buy that can be useful, but excludes weapons and armor. Like: Belts.)

Drav buys the shoes, then continues on his way to locate someone who could sell him a belt.
Characters:
Drav - Lost Souls: Octhania
Elf - Fighter/Thief - Smith
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Felran - War of teh Lance
Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
Grey Elf - Wu-jen Elementalist (Fire)
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana lightly lays her hand on Bearos's arm when he looks at the battle axe. "Bearos, we should come back tomorrow. With any luck, I will be able to tell you what this is."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"There's a tailor shop on the south end of the marketplace," Roken tells Jocelyn. "And the Paragon Inn offers baths. As for the axe, I'm not sure. How does 500 gold pieces sound?"

(OOC: A battle axe cannot be used with a long sword unless you take the Two Weapon Fighting Style proficiency, because they are both M sized weapons. It's for melee only; it's too big to be used as a throwing axe.)

Gallath (Tailor)
A new velvet cloak costs 4 gold pieces. The tailor is happy to take the scrap cloth from him, if he wishes.

Drav Arellax (Leatherworker)
Drav buys a new pair of shoes for 12 silver and then heads to the leatherworker where he buys a new belt for 4 silver.

Naras Stonebreaker (Temple of Gonto, Tomb)
"My leg, eh?" asks Brock, chuckling a bit. "'Fraid you're about fifty years too late on that one. Old injury that didn't heal right. I was told nothing short of a 'Heal' spell would fix it. And if you can do that, you're wasting your talents as a mere kohen. Retired after that...married, settled down, bought a nice inn." He shakes his head. "And now here I am, fightin' again just like when I was a young man. Funny how things go full circle like that."
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"I understand," says Naras. "Well, if ever I achieve such a level of ability and our paths should cross again, I will try to mend it. And yes, for free. Of course you can always make a donation to the local temple, but that would be up to you. If you should see me in future and I seem to not recognize you, just remind me of this conversation. For now, if you want company in prayer, I will join you. Otherwise, I will go and see if I can mend another bridge."

If Brock doesn't require Naras, she leaves and tries to find either of the acolytes.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"And I was under the impression you didn't really like Brock," Jocelyn says when he offers to buy the axe for Brock. "But he would probably like it," she adds thoughtfully. "As for the bath, I think I'll take the one at the Inn. The salt water doesn't really help me feel very clean."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Grandpa Borck?!? What's not to like about him... Well... Besides his continuous grumpiness... and his hostility... and narrow mindedness... but eventually he grows on you... In any case I thought HE would buy it." Glad Ouragana was speaking only to him while the merchant was distracted with Jocelyn he says to the seller, "Anyway, 500GP for a weapon I am not inclined to use and you don't know it's properties? You must kidding!! It might even be cursed! I'll give you 200GP and we will call it gambling. 200GP is great wealth so... Fair enough?" Baeros says amused.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Brock?" asks Roken. "Brock Brewmaster? Do you mean the dwarf who used to run the Paragon? You are buying the axe for him?" The half-orc seems a bit taken off guard by this. "I didn't realize...Brock helped me get this job and stood up for me when others in this town wouldn't give me a chance because of my heritage. I had heard he left Narin to fight the League, but I didn't realize he was with you. Very well then. I'll take 200 for it instead."

=========

Baeros makes a CHA check [TN 6] (1d20): 3, pass.

Naras Stonebreaker (Temple of Gonto)
"If it's all the same to you, kohen, I'd rather be alone right now," Brock replies.

Naras heads back upstairs to find her acolytes. She left Otaya in her office before she was interrupted and presumably she is still there. Leena, meanwhile, walked outside somewhere.