Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

<JadedDM's Private Thread>

Homebrewed 2e adventure in the land of Arkantos. Arkantos is a very special place, as most activity is not on the ground or in the sea, but in fact in the skies above. Sky-ships are heavily implied, lest you fall into the barren wasteland of a world below the clouds...

Moderator: chese780

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: <JadedDM's Private Thread>

Post by JadedDM »

Okay. Aeolus is part of the Wind Walker tribe that dwells in the mountains of Kelythir. His mother, Orseis, is the shaman of their tribe, and he is her apprentice (both are druids).
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

(OOC: Have you dealt with the Aarakocra much? Basically, I need a reference or a description of how they act. Not to keep asking questions, but I don't want to just type 'He lives here')
Characters:
Drav - Lost Souls: Octhania
Elf - Fighter/Thief - Smith
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Felran - War of teh Lance
Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
Grey Elf - Wu-jen Elementalist (Fire)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Aarakocra live in small tribes of about 11-30 members. Each tribe has a hunting territory of about 10,000 square miles with colorful banners and pennants marking the boundaries.

Each tribe lives in a communal nest made of woven vines with a soft lining of dried grass. The eldest serves as the tribe’s leader. In tribes of more than 20 members, the second oldest serves as the shaman, leading simple religious ceremonies involving the whistling of melodic hymns at sunset on the first day of a new month. Males spend most of their waking hours hunting for food and occasionally for treasure, such as gems and other shiny objects. Females spend eight months of the year incubating their eggs, passing the time by fabricating javelins and other tools from wood and stone. While resting on their backs, aarakocra females can use all four hands at the same time to weave boundary pennants, javelins sheaths, and other useful objects from vines and feathers.

Five aarakocra, including a shaman, can summon an air elemental by chanting and performing an intricate aerial dance for three melee rounds. The summoned air elemental will comply with the aarakocras’ request for a favor, though it will not endanger its life on their behalf.

Aarakocra have little to do with other species, including neighboring aarakocra tribes, and leave their home territory only in extreme circumstances. They rarely encounter humans except for an occasional foray into a rural community to snatch a stray farm animal; this is not an intentionally malicious act, as aarakocra are unable to distinguish between domestic and wild animals. A human venturing into aarakocra territory may be able to convince one to serve as a guide or a scout in exchange for a shiny jewel or coin.
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

Hmmmm. Sounds good. Lastly, is the village anything special? Or is it just a large nest.

Like, huts or anything?
Characters:
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Nope, just a big old nest.
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

JadedDM wrote:Nope, just a big old nest.
(OOC: :lol: That's funny. Also, you want me to add the emphasizing bird noises? I read that somewhere...)

---------------------------------

As the sun begins to rise over Kelythir, Aeolus wakes up surrounded by the grassy floor of his home. As he gets up, he can see the expanse of his tribe's nest. The structure is nothing notable, a large circular structure, and a few other tribe members walk around it's grassy cover.

His mother, Orseis, can be seen roaming nearby, seemingly preparing for something to come.

---------------------------------
(OOC: Tell me if I dun broke the culture at any time. Also, sorry it's a bit short, I'm not the best at introduction :) )
Characters:
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Aeolus stretches a bit, then begins to whistle the morning songs of his people. Noticing his mother nearby, he decides to head over and check on what she is up to.
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

(OOC: You seem to know what you are doing, soooo....)

As Aeolus gets up, he can see the sun rising in the distance. It is likely nine in the morning, and it is the last day of the month. Orseis was collecting plants and gathering other things that seem to be natural in origin. It is hard to see exactly what it is until he closes the distance. As Aeolus approaches, his mother notices him. "I see you are awake. Will you help me gather?"

(OOC: Also, liking this colored bubble thing.)
Characters:
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Aeolus bobs his head in consent and asks, "What do you need me to find?" He always enjoyed searching for rare plants and herbs. It allowed him a chance to see the countryside and do a little exploring of the world outside of the nest where he has spent most of his life.
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

(OOC: Plants.)
As Orseis looks at him, then to what she is holding, she seems to contemplate what else she is looking for. "I believe that I have seen a few tall plants with violet bulbs somewhere nearby, and a small thorny shrub of a shiny dark green color." she says, looking at Aeolus. "I only need only the roots of them, however the rest may still have some use to us."

(OOC: Pattran and Blackthorn if you missed my meaning. Also, I'm not a gardener ;) )
Characters:
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I will find them," Aeolus chirps. He gathers all of his gear and takes to the air, heading in the direction his mother told him she saw the plants.
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

(OOC: You want a decent ten-ish page story, right?)

As he gathers his things, his mother points off to the east, where the sun is still rising. Aeolus knows much of the land to the east, in the dense forest where most of the plants they harvest reside. If he looks farther, he can see a crumbled stone structure from his vantage point in the sky. As he continues to fly, he sees a small clearing in the trees below him.
Characters:
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Circling around, Aeolus lands in the clearing to search for the plants.

(OOC: What does he know about the stone structure?)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

He searches for one hour.
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

(OOC: Hmm. Well, not too much about the inside, and from what he's seen, it's a large stone temple-y building. )
(OOC: This look right? (prof (12) + modifier (+4)) * (1hour/standard (2)) = 8. You got a 15, so that means nothing, correct? I haven't found a straight answer on the herbalism proficiency...)
Characters:
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft