Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 9: Winter is Coming

This 2E Dragonlance game is set in the city of Haven, during the War of the Lance. Haven is a city undergoing great upheaval. First massive numbers of refugees pour in, then the city is conquered by a draconic army. Can our heroes survive under this dark occupation?

Moderator: JadedDM

TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 9: Winter is Coming

Post by TristenC »

Sure, let's get a table. You guys want anything? He nods to Green Tears, and offers to pay for their drinks or food if they'd like anything. Once they are served he finds a smal table where they're unlikely to be overheard.

Don't look, but the Kapaks are eyeballing everyone as usual. He mutters quietly. What's the news? he asks in a more normal tone once they are seated.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I still don't think children are a good idea right now," Kendra says. She absently starts removing what little make-up she put on, and brushing her hair. "The reasons aren't the same as they were back then, but there are still reasons not to do it. The only reason why we are in a good place, or at least an okay place is because I work for the army now. Those taxes would have killed you otherwise."
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

Getting seated at the table, Haahqae proceeds in a slightly quieter tone then his usual. "We have been given the great honor of being given a head start in what will be the church's next bounty. They want citizens to find and turn in any clerics of any other religions that they find. The reward is five thousand steel and a permanent weapons permit. I thought you might be interested in hearing about the bounty, and perhaps joining us when we're ready to start searching for them."
Veni Vidi Vici
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Tulbas refuses the offer of Gobax and pays himself for his warmed wine.
When they sit and Haaque tells the story his way he looks at Gobax for confirmation he got the hidden message.
====================
(OOC: how long do we have to curfew? And how much time it takes for Tulbas and Haaque to get to their "homes"?)
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Hmm... Grubnick rubs his chin thoughtfully. That sort of offer could tempt even the most loyal... but I suppose that is the point. I'll have to keep an eye out. There are very few leads, he said, giving them a significant look. I don't suppose any of the one's i'd be concerned with would lead to a true cleric... Pity this happened now... we might have found one before they all go into hiding... to warn off or join... he thought to himself, bleakly. It seems this sort of thing might inspire a lot of finger-pointing... whether there is any proof or not... I somehow doubt the church will be gentle in prying 'truth' from the accused... When do they plan to make this public?
spyguy1503
Lord
Lord

Post by spyguy1503 »

"The High Hand Inn. The keeper knows us." He smiles at the man in a way that makes him decide not to cross him. "Thanks."
Characters:
Current:
LSO: Gallath, Elf Thief- SendHelp
WotL:Ne-Chanz, Minotaur Fighter- Casual Murder
Demiplane:Cal Lightfoot, Gnome Thief/Illusionist (Improv Kit)- Chilling
AD:LitC: Jacen Terro, Half-Elf fighter- HOLD
chese780
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by chese780 »

(OOC: Oh no. 30 pages.)

Felran looks at the tender and motions to Ne-Chanz, "He can mean some serious business."

*Look around, specifically at the sober possible eavesdropper, but not too suspiciously.*
Characters:
Drav - Lost Souls: Octhania
Elf - Fighter/Thief - Smith
The Dragon
The Phoenix
The Eagle

Felran - War of teh Lance
Phaethon - Fighter

Unnamed - Ravenloft
Grey Elf - Wu-jen Elementalist (Fire)
djhyland
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by djhyland »

"Father and Mother don't know, and neither does Niniva," says Arulia. "And for now, that's for the best. A secret is easier to keep if less people know it. If not for your hand, I wouldn't have shown you, either." She shakes her head. "Now, since you know my secret, I want to know yours. Who burned you with that poker, and why?"
mgbevan
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by mgbevan »

Gregeddin bids the others good night and stares out the window for a moment, looking at the snow building in the back alleys. "That's me done for the day Shima" The bard replies "You know, I got so angry when those two double crossed us. That Ogre killed a good man. I was so angry, a rage just consumed me, I said that we should cut down the pair of them there and leave their bleeding ogre and dwarf bodies to rot in that cave." Gregeddin pauses a moment before shifting his gaze from the window and back into the room to address Shima, "Now to hear about this, maybe I should have trusted my instincts. Since now, maybe I've endangered us again. What do they call it, tying up loose ends? Hmm..." The bard trails off in thought and starts rummaging in the kitchen, "Come on you can help make something to eat. Would you rather prepare the potatoes or the greens?"
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Potatoes are good. I'll do the potatoes," answers Shima, enthusiastically, thinking that a meal always tastes better when its free. Well, more or less free.
"If you like, in the morning I'll get up early and see if I can find any contacts that might want to buy some slightly used chainmail. Might be the same people know of the pair that stole your stuff."
Last edited by Chris1234 on Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Haahqae, Tulbas and Gobax (High Hand Inn, Common Room)
As they are talking, the bell in the tower of the old fortress begins to ring. It can be heard anywhere in the city, and is rung each night before curfew begins as a final warning. At once, everyone present begins to either leave or head up to their rooms. The bartender begins closing things up. Tulbas and Haahqae have about half an hour to hurry home.

Kendra Greylock (2527 Market Street, Greylock's Gorgeous Gems)
"Those are reasons why it would be a bad idea if we had to pay the tax, which we don't," Norris points out. "You say there are 'other reasons' but you don't offer any." He shakes his head. "Let's just...go to bed. It was a nice night, and I don't want to ruin it. We can talk about it in the morning."

Arulia Seroth (323 Three Forks, Seroth residence)
Cassilda bites her lip but is unable to stop herself from tearing up. She blurts out the truth, "Una burns us when we do poorly. Or sometimes for no reason at all. She's hateful and awful and mean and laughs at our pain. If we complain, she threatens to fire us. And we need the coin or we'll all have to get married to someone like Osred!" She starts wiping her tears with her sleeve, unable to hold them back anymore.

Felran and Ne-Chanz (Grinning Goat Tavern)
The bartender shrugs, not terribly impressed. It's at this point the bell in the tower of the old fortress begins to ring. It can be heard anywhere in the city, and is rung each night before curfew begins as a final warning. At once, everyone present begins to leave and the bartender starts to close up. The woman Felran was watching gets up to leave, too. Felran and Ne-Chanz have about half an hour to hurry back to the High Hand.
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

"I guess that clears that up. We should get home now. Meet you at Gregeddin's tomorrow morning." - Haahqae will make his way back to the Steel Tankard.
Veni Vidi Vici
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Grubnick nods to the two as they move off, deep in thought. He eats his late dinner steadily, watching Green Tears d glancing between the pateona and Kapaks. How many know or could guess.... he wonders to himself. The Gnome and Elf warned me... that has to count for something... The bard and I haven't been getting along much, but after hauling him out of Belzor's hideout the day I met him, maybe he'll leave off... He doesn't seem to be hurting for the coun anyway...

Watching the plainswoman he finishes his food and nurses his drink. Hints and more hints, but she has no proof... she bears no love for the dragon armies after what happened to her people... still... if this place begins to flounder, how long will she wait... And that musician... he didn't seem to like me much... maybe he'll think I was a spy fishing for the church... he knows I'm here if he gets desperate... that's probably my biggest threat right now... With a small start he realizes his cup has been emptied over his musings. Casting a final glance at the bar, Grubnick makes his way to his room. Who knows what tomorrow will bring...

[Ooc: if nothing else of note happens, he will head to bed.]
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Kendra lets out a sigh, then nods in agreement. "Very well."
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

After wishing Gobax a restful night, Tulbas leaves with Haaque until their ways part and then hurries home. Opposed to other nights when Tulbas rushed of to his room trying to avoid meeting Magnus, this night he looks for the mage. Finding him with his nose deep in his books Tulbas coughs lightly and waits for the deformed Mage to look at him.
Using all his self control to will himself to name the murderer 'Master', the pitch of his voice changes freakishly making it quiet obvious he spits the word out.
"Master..." Tulbas regains himself and continue, "The Night of The Eye is getting near. I... I always imagined Raetmal will be here to instruct me... But in the current situation I turn to you. Do us mages train to The Test alone, or with experienced mages? I've read of mages who had no one to help them, but it is not clear what are the rules in cases such as ours."