Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Episode One - Meeting at the Docks

The Liora has a curse, no one will sail her, will you take the Councils Offer to rid the ship of its curse?

2nd Edition game for up to 5 players.

Moderator: SilverBen

mike_c
Vagabond
Vagabond
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Episode One - Meeting at the Docks

Post by mike_c »

Input: to listen for varis [1d100]
Output: to listen for varis [1d100] = 17

Varis stores whatever if anything he heard from the ship and touches Hoyle's shoulder. my friend I do not know what caused your suffering perhaps it was the spirit of the wood striking out for being killed. I wish to hear all the details of when this happened to you please, was there any other tragedy during her build? i have been hired to find the cause of the problems with her and fix them so I ask for your help. I will be in your debt surely the priests can do something about your arm to help? I do not wish you to drink yourself to death but trust that I will find the cause of her problems, you seem like you actually care about the wood you craft. I reach into my pouch and gently hold out two platinum pieces,Hoyle my friend please take this use as you see fit i would like to see you cleaned up , visit the clerics and see if anything can be done to help you and get a new start but if you wish it will buy enough bottles to lose yourself for quite awhile. leave the ship to me I will solve the riddle and make it right. now tell me all you know quickly I see the others are gathering.:: looks over to the growing group around the clerics.
Last edited by mike_c on Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Bless us?" She asks sceptically, "You said there was no curse, no evil.." She eyes the ship with curiosity, "I wonder, who last boarded her? What happened."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
DramaLlama
Peasant
Peasant

Post by DramaLlama »

SilverBen wrote:The two men break their conversation and turn towards the approaching priest with a pleasant smile on each face. First, the taller man covers his eyes with the palms of his hands, bows at the waist in silence, and removes his hands from his eyes as he rises. Next, the shorter man waits for his turn to greet Deephert similarly and responds upon arising: "I am Brother Keane and this is Brother Sagan. If our hands cannot bring you the assistance you seek, then we shall surely lead you closer. Tell us what you seek and how we may be of service, Brother Deephert."

Sagan stands slightly behind Keane with his attention clearly focused on the ship while Keane and Deephert converse. The expression on his face is one of fascination, not disinterest.
"I thank you Brother Keane. I have been sent here to look into some sightings from the construction of this vessel. Stories have been told of apparitions during the construction. My temple has sent me to investigate. As this is your town, I felt it proper to speak with you of this matter as not to offend. Is there any information that you can give me about these sightings?"
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SilverBen »

Jenara wrote:"Bless us?" She asks sceptically, "You said there was no curse, no evil.." She eyes the ship with curiosity, "I wonder, who last boarded her? What happened."
(OOC: A quick clarification, the party learns from the priests that magic, curses, or undead creatures have not been detected aboard the ship over the past week.)

Brother Keane describes the day of the Liora's launch when its initial crew brought it from the ship yards to the main docks... (OOC: In summary, so that we can move forward with the game...) In a sudden eruption of chaos, the equipment aboard came to life and attacked anyone on the Liora. Brother Keane directs Hazel's attention to the upper deck, it is strewn with debris and equipment. Brother Keane rigging entangled porters and dragged them overboard, barrels toppled and rolled over those scrambling across the deck, and gaff hooks rose as if wielded by an invisible hand from their place and drove the remaining sailors from the ship.

Brother Keane concludes: "Those were the last men to board the ship now known to be perilous but remains a mystery what could be the force behind it. If you choose to accept our blessing, we will surely give it, young lady. We will not be offended, if you were to decline our blessing."

(OOC: We can begin concluding this post since we have accomplished the goal of Episode One, to introduce the characters and provide a brief background.
I try to post at least once daily, late at night in the Eastern (New York) Time Zone.
I am not available Friday nights to at least two hours after sundown on Saturday.
You may contact me at 917-426-4483
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SilverBen »

"I thank you Brother Keane. I have been sent here to look into some sightings from the construction of this vessel. Stories have been told of apparitions during the construction. My temple has sent me to investigate. As this is your town, I felt it proper to speak with you of this matter as not to offend. Is there any information that you can give me about these sightings?"
Brother Sagan eagerly breaks his silence to an almost rude interruption of Brother Keane: "We are more than happy that you have come to relieve us and your support is deeply admirable, Brother Deephert! Now, Brother Keane and I will remain here until nightfall, when we must return to our seminary for our evening duties there. I see Master Greystreet approaching with members of the Merchant Council now."

To the north, a small cadre of well dressed merchants approaches on the wide stone paved street. Leading them is Greystreet, a middle aged man leading the party accompanied by a small, mule-drawn wagon. Several other merchants walk astride dung piles on the street. His look of indifference is contrasted by his fellows, who seem concerned and unsure.

(OOC: Last post for DramaLlama before Episode one closes.)
I try to post at least once daily, late at night in the Eastern (New York) Time Zone.
I am not available Friday nights to at least two hours after sundown on Saturday.
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SilverBen »

mike_c wrote: Varis stores whatever if anything he heard from the ship and touches Hoyle's shoulder. my friend I do not know what caused your suffering perhaps it was the spirit of the wood striking out for being killed. I wish to hear all the details of when this happened to you please, was there any other tragedy during her build? i have been hired to find the cause of the problems with her and fix them so I ask for your help. I will be in your debt surely the priests can do something about your arm to help? I do not wish you to drink yourself to death but trust that I will find the cause of her problems, you seem like you actually care about the wood you craft. I reach into my pouch and gently hold out two platinum pieces,Hoyle my friend please take this use as you see fit i would like to see you cleaned up , visit the clerics and see if anything can be done to help you and get a new start but if you wish it will buy enough bottles to lose yourself for quite awhile. leave the ship to me I will solve the riddle and make it right. now tell me all you know quickly I see the others are gathering.:: looks over to the growing group around the clerics.
Hoyle gives a grateful look at Varis for the sympathy but frowns at his injured hand and lowers it replying in quiet acceptance: "There's only so much magic will heal, my young friend. Beware of that ship for your own welfare." Hoyle discards the bottle with conviction and studies the two plaitnum with some hint of distress remaining. He gazes at the coins and continues, "Many accidents, my kind friend, too many accidents that I know of... and likely far more than I don't know of.

He considers the ship momentarily, "If you truly give me a gift, then I chose it to leave Turtle Bay now, for good. Hoyle neither fights nor hides the tears coming to his eyes. He takes the coins with gratitude in his good hand and quietly walks north to the stone-paved street.

(OOC: Last post for Mike_C in Episode one before closing.)
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SilverBen »

SpiderReaver wrote: After a few minutes, Nalanilos makes his way down to the docks and wait for the rest of the group, hopefully if he is early....
Nalanilos arrives at the docks and observes the last few exchanges between Varis and Hoyle, similarly between Deephert, Hazel, and the two priests.
SpiderReaver
Peasant
Peasant

Post by SpiderReaver »

Nalanilos shakes his head as he arrives, noticing that he almost missed the group. He quietly talks to himself as he hurries "I really need to have better communication here so I don't look rushed. This must be important for the Master, so I hope I don't let him down

He walks up to the group, slightly out of breath and introduces himself to the group.

Greetings, my name is Nalanilos, and my Master has sent me to assist you all in whatever it is, we are suppose to be doing

(ooc) Nalanilos, appears to be young for an elf. Dressed in Leather, a single scabbard the size of a short sword, hangs by his waist with the blade sheathed. No real distinguishable marks or features adorns his body, however he is always observing around him. It would almost appear that he is rushed when he talks, or moves.
"L'Oloth wun vel'bolen dos lac, zhah naut zuch vel'bol dos xal ragar" ~SpiderReaver