A place to find the old game thread and completed Adventures, and Characters

Moderator: mltillis

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Chapter 5: Justice

Post by Jenara »

"But it was a female.." Arnora comments holding the hilt of her sword tightly, gaining comfort from the cat winding round her feet. "So you heard her voice." Giving the second man what she hoped was a look of confidence she approaches him.

"You were going to say a name weren't you? You think you can trust him?" She motions in Jason's direction. "He leads innocent women to be..." She pauses her voice falters. "He leaves them to be defiled, children to be taken.." Scowling she grits her teeth. "Either you trust him. Or look around you." She motions to the assorted godly folk. "Your choice." With that she steps back.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Vrunar turns his head to Jason, "What's that? Do you really mean to help us?"

===========================================================
(OOC: When the would be assassin said he was 'first to the gate' is it slang or expression? I might miss something due my English, but if it is not a common expression, then Vrunar would interrogate regarding it.)
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

OOC: No, it is not a slang expression.

Jason replies with an affronted look and tone. I said that I would take you to where they are keeping the elves and prisoners, if you agree to let me go once we get there. And I always uphold my end of a deal, no matter the cost... What I didn't agree to was letting this simpleton put a price tag on my head... Looking at the assassin... Now shut up fool! You know how easy it is to die in this city?
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Vrunar returns to the would be assassin, "Why did you help someone you don't know? Who is she?! And what gate are you referring to? What was her purpose here? And who were you sent to murder?" Vrunar gets angry as the interrogation continues. He have met evils in his life. Many times. Yet every time he is astonished again how could people bestow such cruelty over others.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Why Jason. You sound scared." Arnora says with a evil grin, trying to sound confident. "How does I feel?" Spinning on her heels she moves to the doorway once more, that was getting them nowhere.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

The would be assassin replies... It was just a job! No questions asked, likes alls the jobs. Theys calls out from the gate at Skullport and whoever makes it theres first gets the work.

Jason replies to Arnora... Only the foolish and naive live their lives without fear strumpet. Everyone thinking they have some say over their fates, or that their gods will actually look after them. Tis foolish I say.
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Yet some get it thrust on them. Gods or no gods.. Enjoy your little chat." With that she leaves the room.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Mercair taps Vrunar's shoulder and gathers him with the others where they won't be overheard. it does seem the way a savvy bunch of rogues would conduct business, but I feel there is more to know. Does anyone have skill in... more persuasive methods? Vrunar perhaps you can speak to jason some more.

When/if Vrunar is out of earshot he speaks almost silently to the others. Vrunar has promised Jason his freedom, but I made no such vow.

Turning quickly back to the would-be assassin, Mercair approaches beyond arm's length, What were your exact instructions and how did you receive them. he addresses the man coldly.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

As the would be assassin speak of the gate at Skullport Vrunars eyes shot to Jason, "Was it the same way you got your job?" When the conversation turns to Gods Vrunar answers, "It is more foolish to ignore the gods as their intervention is obvious, but it is not the topic here. Answer my question."

====================================================
(OOC: I'm not sure if you meant to post it as if Merrick knows Vrunar promised something else but still mislead the others regarding it, or that there is a major confusion about what Vrunar actually promised, so here it is. Jason asked to be freed and said that if we turn him to the guards he would be dead by morning. Vrunar only promised to keep Jason alive as long as he helps them and once he helped them to retrieve the abducted elves Jason would have a fair trial and Vrunar would give testimony of Jason help.)
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[Ooc: my mistake. I thought Vrunar said he'd set Jason free after, but that must have been Jason saying that.]
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

TristenC wrote:Turning quickly back to the would-be assassin, Mercair approaches beyond arm's length, What were your exact instructions and how did you receive them. he addresses the man coldly.
There were no instructions. She told me what to do as we went along.

BishGada wrote:As the would be assassin speak of the gate at Skullport Vrunars eyes shot to Jason, "Was it the same way you got your job?" When the conversation turns to Gods Vrunar answers, "It is more foolish to ignore the gods as their intervention is obvious, but it is not the topic here. Answer my question."
Jason snorted indignantly... I'm not some common thug, a begging for scraps. My jobs come from reputation and recommendation.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Then describe Her. And describe exactly what she said to you. As completely and accurately as you can. Mercair responded much more calmly than he felt.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Vrunar feels a little bit relieved as Mercair joins the interrogation. He has always found it hard to understand the minds of the criminals and so wasn't very good in interrogations. He decides to wait for the response before asking more about the gate and where can they find both Jason and the would be assassin employer.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Mortimer stands and listens to the conversation. He is getting the feeling that this is a waste of time.
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

TristenC wrote:Then describe Her. And describe exactly what she said to you. As completely and accurately as you can. Mercair responded much more calmly than he felt.

Describe her? You carried her in with us. Why don't you just go look at her?