A place to find the old game thread and completed Adventures, and Characters

Moderator: mltillis

mltillis
Marshall
Marshall
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Chapter 5: Justice

Post by mltillis »

OOC: 20 ft radius on a Zone of Truth spell. So everyone in the room, including the pc's will be affected. Scrolls are from a 5th level cleric. 2 spells each. 5 minute duration on each spell.
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Vrunar tells Mercair, "Since you are familiar with the Zone of Truth spell let's interrogate the males together." He starts to go to the room where they are chained, making sure the tall Aasimarian follows him.

==========================================
(OOC: I hope Aasimarian is the correct term. I just read in the description and he is VERY tall... Not too difficult to notice if he follows Vrunar or not. :))
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Before they enter the room, Mercair speaks quietly to the paladin. The spell will not force them to speak, only ensure that their words are truthful. The duration is limited, if they refuse to speak or to answer our questions the spell is wasted. We should prepare what we feel we need to ensure they will speak before we begin, otherwise the spell will run out while we attempt to get answers. It will also effect us. Additionally, it may allow them to speak an untruth if they believe their words to be true, I am not certain on that point...
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"I understand. Bahamuth will guide us. If you feel the captives lie you can either tell it aloud or just signal me." he says and waits for Mercair to cast the spell. After it's done he holds his Holy Symbol in both hands and closes his eyes seeking inner serene. Then he enters the room and walks to Jason. "I'm sorry we keep you chained, but you surely knows, one can't be too careful." Then he continues to the would be assassin.
"Hello. I'm Vrunar. You... might assist us. You attacked a young boy earlier today. I'd like to know why and who sent you. But first, what is your name?" He asks politely.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Before entering, As I said, they won't be physically able to lie. If they believe what they are saying I would have no way of knowing. He enters the room and casts the spell in such a way that the spell encompasses the entire room, noting any corners that might be out of the circle.

Mercair crosses his arms and watches at first, standing near Vrunar with his own imposing muscular 6'3 frame.
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

Olban will maintain a short distance from the others as they go about their tasks and will wait patiently in the main foyer until someone asks him to do something or the others are ready to leave. At present he(and I) views himself as back up muscle in case there is trouble.
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

Zone of Truth
Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
Level: Clr 2, Pal 2
Components: V, S, DF
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Area: 20-ft.-radius emanation
Duration: 1 min./level
Saving Throw: Will negates
Spell Resistance: Yes
Creatures within the emanation area (or those who enter it) can’t speak any deliberate and intentional lies. Each potentially affected creature is allowed a save to avoid the effects when the spell is cast or when the creature first enters the emanation area. Affected creatures are aware of this enchantment. Therefore, they may avoid answering questions to which they would normally respond with a lie, or they may be evasive as long as they remain within the boundaries of the truth. Creatures who leave the area are free to speak as they choose.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: Anyone whose character is in the room please message me your saving throw DC 14. Those who fail, will be expected to be truthful as they believe in all statements. However no one actually knows who passes or fails aside from their own character.
Last edited by mltillis on Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Had the DC wrong
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

BishGada wrote:"I understand. Bahamuth will guide us. If you feel the captives lie you can either tell it aloud or just signal me." he says and waits for Mercair to cast the spell. After it's done he holds his Holy Symbol in both hands and closes his eyes seeking inner serene. Then he enters the room and walks to Jason. "I'm sorry we keep you chained, but you surely knows, one can't be too careful." Then he continues to the would be assassin.
"Hello. I'm Vrunar. You... might assist us. You attacked a young boy earlier today. I'd like to know why and who sent you. But first, what is your name?" He asks politely.
Jason eyes Vrunar warily and simply replies... That could be debated.

The would be assassin doesn't speak a word, spitting in Vrunar's face if he gets close enough to do so.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Vrunar wipes his face and catches the man by his throat. "So, you prefer the hard way." He starts to squeeze it but although act as he wouldn't care he pay close attention to the man condition and wouldn't let him harm too much. "That's a pity. I hoped to avoid it. The room where you attempted to kill the boy belonged to a woman who was attacked during an abduction. Currently our conclusion is that the events are connected and that put you in an awry position. We want to save the abducted elves. With your stubbornness you hold us back. Tell us who sent you and you will be spared." Vrunar says, all along squeezing the man throat.

==============================================
(OOC: Vrunar always say the truth. :) )
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Mortimer enters the zone of truth but declines to speak, too afraid what might come out.
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

The prisoners coughs as Vrunar loosens his grip... Spared for what, the hangman's noose? We all know the Lords' laws. A dandy might get spared by the judges for cooperating, but not one of us blokes from Dock Ward... Besides I don't know nothing. She said that she needed some muscle, and I was quicker getting to the gate than the others.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"And who is 'she' ?" A voice asks from the doorway, "Your employer?" Arnora strides in slowly, entering the zone of truth as she does so, she is followed closely by a small tabby cat who curls round her legs.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

Watch your tongue fool! Jason snaps. You'll get us both in the dead book!
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

It will go much better for you if you cooperate now. We are here now. If you want to even have a chance to survive your employer you had best help us. Otherwise why would your employer even believe you hadn't sold her out? Or risk the chance you will in the future? Give us a name.
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

I don't know her name! Nine Hells! I never even saw her face... She just brought me along to watch her back!