Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

A Mining Operation{[Clansedge]Dirthxanous}

A homebrewed world I’ve been working on that dearly needs some people to come in and flesh it out through their adventures. I’m open to a party being formed together, or meeting in game through their exploration, or possibly meeting as enemies. I’d like to keep the character options as unlimited as possible.

Moderator: Namenlos

TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: A Mining Operation{[Clansedge]Dirthxanous}

Post by TristenC »

[Ooc: holy $#i7-snacks. I just realized I haven't posted here in over a month... though it's only been two weeks since your last post here :lol: my bad, I'll get something in today]
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

No pressure :)
I'm hoping we can take this game for awhile... maybe even get some serious posting once things get interesting . I Kinda figured the best way is to just keep it open and wait until you've time to respond :P You got quite a lot going on man, I'm lenient! haha
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[Ooc: Apparently when i said 'today' i meant 'a week from today' :lol: my bad. love the map, btw. How much map did you map-out? Would it be rude of me to make the mining map-making a massive manufacturing marvel by my merciless meandering? I'll try npt to go overboard, but he does want to explore a bit ;)

Is there a guild-recognized symbol one would use to indicate something is trapped? If so he makes that mark below the other scratching, very faintly. ]

Leaving and locking his room, Dirth makes sure the hall is empty before scratching a small heart in the upper, inner hinge-side jamb of the door where it would be barely visible when closed. Within the heart he enscribes "D&Y"

He then turns left and left again to see if the hall makes a circuit to the bar. Without going in, he heads back West(?) To see where the other branch leads.
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

(OOC: For the guild sign I put it in the map at t he bottom. A straight line is the door, the V is indicative of a trap and the dash through the door mark indicates a lock. They can be manipulated to share more information, i'll work to get a rough chart set up in the Guild thread(under Npcs think).

---
The hallway is mostly clear when Dirth steps out from his room, a few folk wander through the halls. No one remains long and he easily finds time to make his marks.

Left and then left again brings Dirth further back into the what is likely the Inns Living Chambers with no obvious connections to the main tavern room. Reaching a right turn at the end of the short hall reveals more heavy metal doors inset into the wall, several torches adorn the wall lighting the area and a single male Dwarf is relaxing against a nearby wall.

The Dwarven man gives Dirth an appraising look, brown eyes looking out from under dark black eyebrows.
Attachments
Dirths Room(Clansedge) #2.jpg
Dirths Room(Clansedge) #2.jpg (69.43 KiB) Viewed 9047 times
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[Ooc: cheese-and-rice! How long has this been up? I haven't seen the map until today! So by the directions, am I in the SW corner now?]

Grittings and hallucinations, my gallant Dwarf! he says, cheerfully. How goes the goings-on? What a wonderful week for a walkabout! Prithee, what possibly lies past such prettily polished portals? An 'adult' exclusive entertainment ensemble eh?
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

(OOC: I think there was a placeholder there cause it wasn't the 24 of march. A week or two ago, maybe? I had SE corner, right near the dwarf. I updated the map to show a path, correct me if I'm wrong! :D )
---

The Dwarf is wearing short's and not much else, though his beard does act somewhat as a shirt. His right hand moves up from his side revealing a "Rold*" clenched between two fingers. Bringing the Rold to his mouth he takes a deep drag, rolls his eyes at Dirth and exhales before speaking, his growl of a voice deep, but lacking menace. "Hmmmm, Ya? Aye, Grittings indeed. These are rooms, rented by customers of the tavern. Ad-ult... enter-tane-ment?" He pauses over the words, thinking before replying, a slight redness rising to his cheeks. "Hmph, you Elves are too frivolous, you want that seek your own. You want work, we got it." He spits at the Elf remark, away from Dirth, and has a slight grin tugging at his lips all the same.

(OOC: *instead of a cigarette or joint, etc. I'll call em all Rold, because :D If you can handle that. Also, Dwarfs in general are serious about work, not interested in too much frivolity but they still have fun, just different priorities so it's less... advanced fun.)
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

My good menacing master, you mistake me mightily! My half-dwarven friend will be along anon and, as a boon companion, I, being the helpful type, took it upon myself to scout some... he waves his hand in a circle as if trying to come up with the right word, but doesn't finish the thought. Say, that's a rather fetching rolled rod of relaxation you've raised... where might one acquire such a thing hereabouts?

After their chat he will head west and north

[Ooc: You are correct and I am partiality directionally dislexic... but not really, just an error on my tip-typing. I know there are way too many commas... it's intentional.]
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

Dirths dramatic manner of talking seems to have the Dwarf slightly confused, he understands what is being said he just doesn't know why he's saying it like that. Despite being in strange territory around Dirth the Dwarf remains relaxed, even chuckling a little as Dirth talks. "Heh, cannot fault you on learnin the land now can I? Try not to get lost, aye?" He pulls the Rold up to his lips for another drag before replying to Dirth, pointing west towards the northern passage. Bazaar, small stuff, but they sell the basic comforts, being so close to "The Cow".

Reaching the north passage, Dirth can see that it is a small area, he travels only a short distance(30ft) to reach the end. Opening up into a much larger cavern that is fairly filled with folk, most of them Dwarven as to be expected but there is a smattering of other races mixed in as well(he spots Orcish, human, gnome, halfling, Goblin peoples). There are several stalls set up displaying their wares to the gathering, vendors loudly bargaining and talking up the goods they offer. Directly in front of Dirth Stands a woman with slightly pointed ears like his own, though the teeth protruding slightly between her lips hints at half-Orc supported by her olive skin; She is speaking with a Dwarven Male, A rough looking scarred individual with a bald top, and a dark brown beard, their talk appears to be fairly intimate judging from their proximity.
Attachments
Clansedge Underground #1.jpg
Clansedge Underground #1.jpg (92.53 KiB) Viewed 9038 times
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Thanks. Dirth says simply, leaving the Dwarf to his devices. Mooing quietly as he walks to the market. Orcs and dwarves? Now I've seen it all... He walks about to see what wares can be had.

[Who/what is the orange thing in the NW corner?]
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

(OOC: My map was reset to before I had populated the Bazaar, so no map for this one! just a head's up)

There are four noticeable stalls within the chamber, each with its own flavor of wares and a small crowd at each. Moving past the Half-Orc and Dwarf and turning to the west Dirth is able to gain a better view of the Bazaar, the stalls and what they offer. Three Large statues line the North wall, towering over the small Stalls in front of them by a good twenty feet. Two of the statues depict a gruff dwarf glaring down at those before him as if in Judgement. The Third statue(center) depicts a Gnome and Goblin, they appear to both be hugging and engaged in a wrestling match over a long stick of rounded metal(a pipe).
1-Directly to his right, or north, the merchant is swamped by a cluster of Dwarves, Halflings and a few humans attempting to purchase his offered wares, a variety of food stuffs mostly vegetables/Fungi.
2-The nearest southern Stall has a like grouping amassed around it all clamoring to purchase food from this merchant as well, though his items are of a more meaty nature.
3-The furthest Northwestern stall has an odd assortment of weaponry of various designs, there are fewer interested customers here mostly browsing the wares.
4-The Stall that is furthest to the Southwest has a neat table occupied mostly by bright and shiny baubles made of various metals and set with precious(perhaps) gems, there are also a few shaped pieces of metal that are obviously pieces to sets of armor, few people are purchasing the goods here as well, though several are browsing.

At the far end of the chamber, set in the only true open space available a Dwarven Male can be seen wildly dancing back and forth above the heads of the crowd that has gathered to watch. his arms gesticulating at random and animatedly pointing out individuals among those gathered. His voice carries slightly to Dirths ears but the crowd and vendors drown out what he is actually saying.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[ooc: clamoring and swamping the food vendors, eh? Hope that doesn't mean there's an expected food shortage...]

Dirth makes his way to the armor stall, listening with half an ear to the dancing dwarf at the end. Speaking near those browsing the armor bits, but to nobody in particular, he says The food vendors seem to be nearly overwhelmed... Did a bunch of hungry workers just get off shift or something?
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

(OOC: Not a vicious swamping or anything, despite the crowds and noise everyone is organized and polite, patiently awaiting their turn to purchase goods. The western end where Dirth is moving is more agitated and less polite, patient and respectful.)

Moving through the crowd is a task, as long as he didn't mind being bumped by the smaller but sturdy Dwarves Dirth is able to reach the Armor vendor easily enough. Once closer the gyrating dwarf is much easier to hear, his shrill voice is piercing and those that have gathered with the intent of listening to his words quickly "shush" anyone that speaks over him.

"...wasteful, vagrants and leeches upon our proud Dwarven nation! Brave Dwarven lumbermen work tirelessly only to be foully struck by their trecherous arrows, poisoned, murdered! They dare send their ambassadors, nay whiners! to beg the Massif and his court to make demands upon we proud Dwarven laborers, demands for our gold! our goods! our very lives!..."

At Dirths comment a nearby greybearded and bespectacled Dwarven male glances up at him, watery blue eyes peering intently at him before replying. "Hrmmmm no, well maybe, they like the crowd I think, or are the crowd..." the old Dwarf lets out a long sigh as he finishes, moving forward and reaching to examine a bauble off of the table before him. The merchant at the stall moves forward to converse with the Older Dwarf, though his voice is kept somewhat subdued in an attempt to avoid bringing attention to himself.
Attachments
Clansedge Bazaar #1.jpg
Clansedge Bazaar #1.jpg (85.23 KiB) Viewed 8997 times
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Not wanting to disturb the older Dwarf shopping, Dirth poses his question to the redhead just north of him. What's this fellow on about? He says, jerking a thumb towards the Dwarf expostulating exuberantly.
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

OOC: I actually really need to find a new name for the "Dwarfs" as their height is the least of their features, I'd rather focus more on their tough, strong nature as well as their interest in mining, forging, and fabrication.)

The slightly wild looking red haired "Dwarf" looks up at Dirth as he poses his question, brown eyes flecked with red looking him up and down before replying, her tone normal and not worried if she draws attention. "A fanatic, religious and... political. He and his have been takin advantage of the recent tensions with the Elves to try and push their "pro-dwarf" agenda."

She returns her gaze to the meat vendor nearby, examining choice cuts and taking an interest in the available jerked meat. She pauses, however, and looks back at Dirth examining him more closely and then stating. "You may want to... take care. By and large no one cares, but his followers are just as fanatical as he... there have been attacks on non-Dwarfs, especially foreigners and especially, especially those that appear to be Elvish." She shrugs her shoulders and lets out a breath in slight exasperation.

(OOC: left the prices blank to see if you want to discover them, I can just tell you what everything is if you want.)
---
The "bauble" store-
A set of metal bracers:
a set of metal greaves:
an assortment of arm bands:
Rings:
Necklaces:
Shiny Stones:
Belts:

Meat Vendor---
Raw cuts of meat: Prices vary
Jerked Meats: a wrapped and tied package=1.5 gp
Frozen Cuts of meat: Prices vary
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[Ooc: lol, can't afford too much at this point ;) What do the arm-bands look like? ]

Thanks for the advice, I'll be careful. Fortunately for myself I'm not looking for work here, so I'd be no threat to them.