Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Looking for players for 2nd ed AD&D adventure

Post here if you are a DM looking for players or a player hoping to find a game to join.
Forum rules
Please stay on topic at all times. Also, please use proper topic titles to help keep these forums organized. *Use gaming style, gaming type etc in titles* IE: Looking for players in a 3.5e D&D campaign.
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Looking for players for 2nd ed AD&D adventure

Post by SilverBen »

1. Game system: 2nd edition AD&D rule set
2. Setting: Generic Greyhawk, not expected to influence game play. Relevant local history will be provided in game
3. Number of players sought: 5
4. Posting policy: Players are required to post at least once per day, five days a week, Mon - Fri. No posts will be expected or replied to beginning Friday nights, Eastern Time (New York).
5. Characters' starting level: randomly determined by 3d6 x 200 XP
http://anydice.com/program/744f
6. Starting funds for characters to begin: randomly determined by class
• Warrior 5d4 x 30 gp
• Wizard (1d4+1) x 30 gp
• Rogue 2d6 x 30 gp
• Priest 3d6 x 30 gp
7. Character classes excluded: Ninjas, Psionics, Necromancers
8. Races excluded: monstrous half breeds, such as half-orcs, etc.
9a. Character generation method for ability scores: Method V from Player’s Handbook: Roll four six-sided dice (4d6). Discard the lowest die and total the remaining three. Repeat this five more times, then assign the six numbers to the character's abilities however you want.
9b. Character generation method for hit points: full hit die per level, based on character class. Upon levelling up, players will roll dice for random increases.
10. Alignments excluded: evil characters
11. Multi-classing exclusions: any character with more than two classes.
12. Die rolling policy: the honor system
13. Homebrewed rules: See the description of the Frequency Roll and Table 54 in Chapter 11 of the 2nd edition Dungeon Masters Guide (DMG)
14. Character background required: minimal required, except for the origins of magical items and equipment must be plausible
15. Game style: roleplaying, traps
16. Rulebooks and supplements excluded: Manual of the Planes, Forgotten Realms, Dark Sun, Al Qadim
Last edited by SilverBen on Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I try to post at least once daily, late at night in the Eastern (New York) Time Zone.
I am not available Friday nights to at least two hours after sundown on Saturday.
You may contact me at 917-426-4483
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Re: Seeking players for 2nd ed AD&D PBP

Post by Jenara »

Hi, may I suggest a little more detail on the game?
Ie what is the adventure called, a brief outline of what the players should expect..

Oh, some of us use Invisible castle (when it's up) or Unseen Servant, but any die roller you choose is p your choice obviously.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SilverBen »

Adventure Title: The Luckless Liora

Brief plot outline:
Characters will be hired to explore a ship rumored to be cursed or haunted that currently sits moored to the docks of a small merchant seaport city. The characters may have booked cheap passage aboard the new ship, or sought menial employment, but when they approach the ship, they find it eerily abandoned and shunned amid the otherwise busy docks. The characters soon learn no captain or crew is willing to sail her following the disastrous ceremonial launch that ended in many serious injuries and nearly killed several people.

The city council announced recently that it seeks to hire a party of adventurers capable of ridding the ship of its spirits and regaining its control.

Adventure Goal: Investigate the haunting of or curse over the ship and regain control.
I try to post at least once daily, late at night in the Eastern (New York) Time Zone.
I am not available Friday nights to at least two hours after sundown on Saturday.
DramaLlama
Peasant
Peasant

Post by DramaLlama »

I'm interested in playing. Been away from gaming for a while, but used to play here at PADnD under a different name. I'll work up a character for you.

One question - After this adventure is completed, are you planning to continue the campaign with other adventures or is that something that is up in the air? Either way, I'm interested in playing. Just was curious.
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SilverBen »

Thanks for your response and I appreciate your long-term interest. I'm absolutely interested in keeping the campaign going beyond the first adventure planned.

I have scripted several possible endings to this current adventure, based on what the characters are able to accomplish. That means I have at least one "spin off" adventure that directly results from this first one.

Just a personal note about my DMing style: I never intend to confuse, distract, or mislead players because I feel that its a waste of time for players and for me. I will openly tell players that their course of action won't end productively or is counterproductive. Even in this adventure, with its elements of mystery and exploration, I plan to provide players with the hints and slowly lead characters towards the necessary information to complete the goal. The only question remaining becomes: ...how much XP are characters awarded for player choices. The earlier a player succeeds, the greater the XP awarded to the character.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

So we have two players now? Sounds fun.
Anyone else Interested? Might be worth putting an advert on Giants in the playground and Fairburne (Tbe guys will let me, I'm sure)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SilverBen »

I have not received any other responses besides yours and DramaLlama. If you feel comfortable, yes, please do make inquiries on my behalf on Fairburne.
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SilverBen »

Jenara and DramaLlama,

I expect another response from someone interested to play I met on a separate website. I think we can proceed and begin the game with three players and some tweaks to the scripted encounters.

Jenara, once he registers here and responds, please create a game page and we'll begin character creation.
mike_c
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by mike_c »

hi there finally got in ::)

mike
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

I'll make the forum this evening:D

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Forum is made, added a few topics. Players added to the group

Borderlands 3 - Navi
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SilverBen »

Many thanks and I'm glad we can get started. I find it much easier to view and reply from a desktop, so I will start posting later tonight.
SilverBen
Freeman
Freeman

Post by SilverBen »

I have not heard back from DramaLlama since Dec 27, so I am opening this game up to additional players interested in a short adventure that leads to at least two more in the scripted story, depending on how successful the adventuring party is.

Any one interested, please send me a PM or see the LUCKLESS LIORA forum under the Main Page.
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Re: Looking for players for 2nd ed AD&D adventure

Post by Rivi »

is there still room in this game? im thinking about picking up another game
Characters:
Demiplane of Dread - Cross aka the dagger mage
Classic Puzzle-Cait aka the angel of death
Tales from Golden City-max aka Lady Red Fox
The Forge-dm
Genwald-Elden aka the SoulForger
DramaLlama
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Looking for players for 2nd ed AD&D adventure

Post by DramaLlama »

Sorry about my delay. Something came up. I PMd you as well.