Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Cross (Rivi) Private Thread

A 2E game set in the mysterious realm of Ravenloft.

Moderator: TristenC

TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Cross (Rivi) Private Thread

Post by TristenC »

So, I missed something earlier until I started working on the statblock.

Cantrip is also available as a NWP instead of a spell. You'll get more usages/day with the mwp, but the spell effect will be stronger if you use the lvl 1 spell version. Details for the NWP are in the rules thread.
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

ok i forgot some stuff to

language
i get 6
common
elven
dwarf
goblin
halfling
drow
and cross is from Abeir-Toril
Characters:
Demiplane of Dread - Cross aka the dagger mage
Classic Puzzle-Cait aka the angel of death
Tales from Golden City-max aka Lady Red Fox
The Forge-dm
Genwald-Elden aka the SoulForger
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Usually the Grey Elves are from Krynn, but we can say they had a presence elsewhere or that you were lost/abandoned somewhere by your parents before you knew them.

Isn't Abeir-Toril a pre-historic planet that existed thousands of years ago? I'm not sure how viable his backstory would be there...

Also, starting age for a Grey Elf is 120+
And you get eother common or Elven lang free, so you have an extra lang to pick
Last edited by TristenC on Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added language bit
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Went over the equipment. The prices you have listed look right, but the gold/silver conversion is off
1gp=10sp=100cp

You had listed spending 16 gp, 68 sp, 5 cp out of 50 gp
But I could only find 8 gp spent in the list (the other coins were good)
And for casting you'd need a 'components pouch' for 3gp at your level
So total spent: (8+3) +6.8 +0.05 = 17.85 gp
Total left: 50 -17.85= 32.15.
32 gp, 1 sp, 5 cp

(If you want more small change you can do thay using the exchange rate above)
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

I'm good with switching to Krynn I picked realm at random and like I said my dnd is rusty as for the extra language I'll chose kender and change 10 gp to sp and 8 and for age ill go 120 think we're good
Characters:
The Forge-dm
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Sweet, I'll finish up and post your stat block and try to get a first game post up for you today.

I think you're still on human weight, too. 160 would be pretty hefty for a 5'4" elf
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

OK I'll drop some pounds
Characters:
The Forge-dm
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Lol. Introducing... The Elven Exercise Bike!
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

missing kender in the languages
Characters:
The Forge-dm
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[Ooc: good catch, thanks. Adding kender now]

It was a warm, late spring morning when Cross struck out again in search of wonders. His latest lead had taken him to a small community not yet affected directly by the ravages of the Dragon Army… They were coming, though… everyone knew it… They had been shocked to see one of the Grey Elves searching for rumors of magic… even more so when he treated them with politeness and respect rather than the haughty aloofness of most of his race. Having been brought up amongst humans in a carnival, he was happy to have missed out on that particular part of his Elven heritage… Unfortunately, it also meant not having access to the vast libraries of his people… Now each spell, each secret had to be found or bought… His current selection had been hard-won, but he persevered.

The road led on past the small village, through rolling hills and on to another. He hardly knew its name, but it was as good a place as any to continue his search. He wanted to be as ready as he could be for the test of High Sorcery required of all magic users on Krynn… the only way he could was to seek out every opportunity he came across… As he walked he caressed the hilt of his dagger… his oft silent companion… “Gar”, as he called it, had not spoken to him in some time… not since the last time she had been nearby… He recalled the fateful night they had met clearly, though it was decades ago… he had been but a boy then, barely coming into adolescence at the age of 80…

The sultry elf slammed her dagger into the table at the foot of the bed. … Why should I let you leave this place alive? We’ve fed you and given you a home and this is how you repay us?” Her words reverberating ominously in the underground chamber as she walked around the table, accenting her final question by slamming his head onto the wood next to the blade. His head swam from the blow and his vision blurred with unshed tears. Slowly he saw the thing before him more closely as his vision cleared… An eye stood in the center of the red-leather wrapped hilt… watching him… It whispered to him in a harsh voice… “She’s an illusion!”…

Shaking his head vigorously, he returned to the present from his reverie. Slowly he relaxed the clenched grip he had on “Gar”… It had turned out the lady Loraina was really a Drow… and that her magic dagger had wanted to be free of her as much as Cross himself, and more… They had saved each other that night, and no force on Krynn would separate them again if he had his way… Gar seldom spoke to him after that first night… The last time the Drow had come for him he had been certain he was doomed… but again the dagger saw what he did not, and came through for him… for them both.

A light wind ruffled his cloak as he ascended a small hill, it was early in the day yet so he should be able to reach his destination well before nightfall… As he crested the rise, he saw a solitary figure seated on a large stone at the bottom of the small valley. It was hard to tell from this distance, but it seemed like an old human woman. The valley itself had a gentle slope covered in rich green grass and a thin veil of mists in the lowest part, still ephemeral enough to easily see through. As he approached, for the road led straight by her, he saw she was garbed in a billowy white blouse and brown skirt. A red shawl draped over her head that left her face and a few locks of silvery-white hair exposed. It sometimes seemed odd to him that human hair faded to match that which was common to his people… Her body was bedecked with dozens of bracelets and necklaces, and rings of silver or ivory adorned nearly every finger.

As he drew nearer she called out in a voice heavy with age, Young elf... help this old woman climb that hill… her Elven was a little… odd… almost as if she spoke an older version of Sylvanesti… In return, I will tell your fortune for you… what say you?
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

A smile turns up the corners of crosses mouth, and he bows with a flourish of his hand. "It would be my pleasure elder." His tone turns the title into an honorific even though hes most likely the elder here. "A walk for a telling." straightening up and putting out his hand in an offering of his help.
Characters:
The Forge-dm
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

A smile cracks her tan, leathery face as she painstakingly makes her way to her feet. Bless you, young sir... these old bones don't bear the decades so lightly as you ageless ones... Up close he can see that her eyes are a striking shade of blue-violet... as rare outside his race as his own were within it. Taking his offered arm by looping it with her right, she readies her walking cane. The object is nearly as twisted and gnarled as its owner, and she relies heavily on both it and Cross' arm for support.

Kind of you to help a stranger in these dark days, she says, turning the palm of his offered arm up between steps. ...particularly for one with such a haunted past like yourself... she says quietly, tracing a line.
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

cross freezes, resisting his instinct to summon gar to his hand "don't we all have skeletons in our past." his mind raced she said she could tell his future so his past may not be out of the question. besides he beveled Loraina wouldn't bother with a disguises just rip him apart with powerful magics. he certainly envisioned that fate on more than one sleepless night and at this point staying civil would only by him time if his past had caught up with him "shall we?" he said trying not to sound shaky
Characters:
The Forge-dm
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

When Cross siezes up, she pats his arm reassuringly, Our past? Yes... and our future also... Calm, calm. I am not your dark lady stalking... though she may be nearer than you suspect. I will show you how to evade her, yes? The two proceed up the hill at his invitation, though a faint crack in his outward calm shows through. The old woman continues her reading. You seek knowledge... yes. Thirst for it, in fact... ah, but unlike so many others of your kind you are not given it freely... you must fight for it. But that will make it all the sweeter...

The two continued arduously up the hill as she spoke, You are accustomed to being alone, while surrounded by many, that will serve you well… What you seek with all your heart may be granted, but no reward comes without risk... would you hear more?
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

"all knowledge comes with risk" he says calm coming back to him as curiosity pushes out caution "please go on"
Characters:
The Forge-dm