Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Naras' Vignette

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Naras' Vignette

Post by JadedDM »

Nobody needs any healing, as Naras was the only one to take injuries during the mission. So she heads down to the vault and casts Detect Magic and inspects the items she retrieved from the mine. She then uses Find Traps on the items, but detects none at all.

The following items radiate magical auras: the dwarven small shield, the battle axe, the grey robes, the ring, the potion, the wand, and the scroll. Nothing else has any magic in it at all.

===========

Naras casts Detect Magic and has a 50% chance of determining the school, as well (1d100): 69, fail. She does not determine the school.
Naras casts Find Traps.

(OOC: I removed the lockpicks from her inventory.)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Naras casts 2.Cure Moderate wounds on herself, and then carefully placed the potion, wand, grey robes & scroll in the vault with a label reading "magical".
WIth a silent parayer to Gonto, the dwarf puts on the magical ring and waits a minutes to see if she feels any different.
She removes the looted weaponry from the vault, loading it onto one of the carts, hangs the magical, dwarven small shield on her back, adding her original buckler to the cart, and locks the vault behind her.
She places the forging book in the library and the dwarf's journal beside her bed.
The kohen anounces to her colleagues in the temple, "I'm off to the weaponsmith's place, folks." She heads off to the weaponsmith's place taking the weapon-laden cart twith her.

Upon finding the armourer, the dwarf says, "Greetings, Roken! Got something special here, a magical axe. Want a look?" and hands him the axe. She points at the looted cartload and enquires, "And how much would you give me for this lot? And I want 4 sling bullets, too!"
In closing, she asks Roken, "Want to make me an offer for the magical battleaxe? And, finally, have you got any better armour for me that's no heavier than what I have now? Or maybe a better shortsword?"

Naras heads back to the temple via the jeweler's place.
She thinks, ~I've got: 2 small garnets (100 GP each), an amethyst (100 GP), a ruby (200 GP), another garnet (500 GP) a dark red gemstone that I wasn't sure about.~
If the jeweler is in for business, she enters, leaving the empty cart outside. "Hello Hubert. I want to say sorry. Started off on the wrong foot. My fault. I've acquired these, but they're not to my taste," she says, showing the gnome the bottle of mead and bottle of wine. "If you want either of them, I'll give it to you. Oh and what would you offer me for each of these?" The dwarf places two gems on the counter: one of the small red garnets and the dark red gem.
=========
OOC: When detecting for magic, did the battleaxe, ring or small shield seem 'more' magical than Naras's spear?
OOC: Naras is 'claiming' the ring.
OOC: Items for sale to the armourer
great sword, worth 50 GP.
long sword, worth 15 GP.
long sword, worth unknown* but assumed 15 GP
long sword, worth 15 GP.
mace, worth 8 GP.
mace, worth 8 GP.
pickaxe, worth 4 GP.
short bow, worth unknown* but assumed 30 GP
short bow, worth 30GP.
small shield, worth 3 GP.
woodcutter's axe, is worth 1 GP.
Buckler, worth 1 GP
Assumed Total = 180GP, would happily accept 90GP

battle axe, (magical), open to offers or trade.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Naras uses a healing spell to repair the rest of her injuries. She puts on the ring but doesn't feel any different, so places it with the potion, wand, robes and scroll back in the vault.

She then fills one of the wagons with the remainder of the loot and pulls it to the weaponsmith's shop. "Ah, kohen. I take it you want the money I owe you?" he asks.

He looks over the axe. "It's well made, to be sure. But magical? It looks ordinary enough."

Roken then looks over the other items, carefully going over each one. "Okay, I can give you 80 gold for the whole thing. As for the axe...how does 40 gold sound?" he asks. "That's all I have left. You've completely drained my coffers now. Hopefully this stuff will sell quickly or I won't have anything to eat for awhile," he jokes.

He shakes his head at her request for armor. "The only armor I carry is leather. There's just no demand for anything heavier, I'm afraid. Most of my customers are sailors, after all. I can try and forge you something, if you're willing to wait a few months. I can forge you a masterwork short sword in a month, for 50 gold."

===========

Naras casts Cure Moderate Wounds on herself, restoring (1d10+1): 3+1 = 4 HP.

(OOC: The ring had stronger magic than the spear and shield and the axe.)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Naeas replies, "Done, 80GP it is," and offers the fellow-crafter her hand in the time-honoured manner of sealing a deal.
She adds, "Wouldn't like you to go hungry, Roken, would we? So, I'll take you up on your offer of a masterwork shortsword. I will pay you in advance. And also for 10 nights' access to your facilities. That'll be 55GP in all." She offers her hand a second time, then adding, "And don't forget you promised to come to join our congregation, yes?"

The dwarf helps unload all the items into the shop, putting them wherever Roken wants (and she can reach). "The battleaxe - I want you to keep it for me. If you find a buyer, you can sell it and pay me equitably. Of course, as you haven't had to lay out any cash, I'm sure you'll take that into account!" She cracks a rare smile, adding, "In Gonto I trust." She takes the balance of her cash from Roken (100GP) amd then slips in, "I was thinking of setting up an armourer's shop on the Temple grounds. Would take a while. Would make sure it didn't compete with you, of course. If this gets going, would you be willing to help set it up? We wouldn't pay you anything, of course. Call it your devotional contribution to the temple. And we wouldn't take your coin in offerings. This would be instead. Anyway, how much coin do you think it would take to set up?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Roken shakes her hand. "Very well, we have a deal. And I'll be there next Rockday," he promises.

"An armorer's shop, eh? Well I suppose it would depend on if you want to make leather armor, metal armor or both. A leather workshop would cost around 100 gold, I'd say. A metal workshop would cost around 600 gold--more if you want it really big--and both would be around 700 gold."

===========

Naras sells the equipment for a total of 80 GP and accepts 155 GP she is owed, for a total of 235 GP.
Naras pays 55 GP for a masterwork short sword (ready in 1 month) and for 10 nights' access to the smithy.
Naras gives the magical axe to Roken to sell.
Naras drops to light encumbrance.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The kohen exclaims, "Oh my! That's more than I'd imagined. It will take a while. In that case, next Rockday, any donation from you would help reach that target. Good doing business with you, Roken!"
Naras leaves, taking the now empty cart with her, and Naras heads back to the temple via the jeweler's place.
She thinks, ~I've got: 2 small garnets (100 GP each), an amethyst (100 GP), a ruby (200 GP), another garnet (500 GP) a dark red gemstone that I wasn't sure about.~

If the jeweler is in for business, she enters, leaving the empty cart outside. "Hello Hubert. I want to say sorry. Started off on the wrong foot. My fault. I've acquired these, but they're not to my taste," she says, showing the gnome the bottle of mead and bottle of wine. "If you want either of them, I'll give it to you. Oh and what would you offer me for each of these?" The dwarf places two gems on the counter: one of the small red garnets and the dark red gem.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

When Naras enters the jewelry shop, Hubert pales and then reddens and he looks, for a moment, as if he's going to kick her out. But when she makes her peace offering and places the gems on the counter, he calms down.

"I see," he says. "So now that you need my services, you've changed your tune, is that it?" he asks with a sniff. He examines the bottles and says, "Hoping to butter me up with cheap booze, is that it? Well, lucky for you I am a professional and not one to hold a grudge," he says, taking both bottles nevertheless.

He then pulls out a device with a series of lenses on it and places each gem under the lenses to examine them carefully. "Hmm...interesting. Uncut...raw...but with potential." He looks up. "I'll give you 180 gold for the pair."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Naras looks at the device with genuine intest, "That's absolutely amazing! Did you make that yourself? Awesome. Am I allowed to have a look? I promise not to actually touch it.."
And, more conversationally, she adds, "Does the value of the gems go with size? Like is the dark red one worth more than the smaller bright red one?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Hubert nods, looking rather proud of himself. "Just a little something I put together. Yes, you can take a look." The device is a plank of wood with a metal rod jutting out of it. Attached to the rod are a series of lenses of different sizes and shapes. Near the bottom of the rod is a little platform where one can place an object to look at, and underneath it is a mirror. When looking into the device from the top, it massively magnifies whatever is placed on the platform.
Microscope.jpg
Microscope.jpg (92.48 KiB) Viewed 5478 times
"The value of gems depend on a host of factors," he says, smoothing out any perceived ruffles in his jacket. "Size can be a factor, but also cut, shape, and rarity. Normally a small, cut diamond is worth more than a large uncut agate, for instance."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Naras has a good look at the device, silent for a couple of minutes while she peers at it from different angles.
She gives him a rare smile, "Now that is a masterful piece of crafting... Hubert. If you still want it, just this once, I'll cast a Blessing on this shop if you make it a round 200GP. The holy water alone normally costs 25GP."

=========
OOC: Just looked as Naras's kit.
I think the bottle of mead needs deleting (+ its wt on encumberance total), and the dwarf moves the lampoil & blanket from the sack into her backpack.
The sleeping bag (under 'stowed with Pearl') I thought went with the prisoner into the Warden's place, so could probably be deleted too.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"No thanks," Hubert says loftily. "My shop is open to people of all faiths, and I wouldn't want any of them to feel uncomfortable by aligning myself with one particular deity. So do we have a deal for 180 gold coins?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"No problem whatsoever," the kohen nods. "It's what you asked for before, but I see you've changed your mind. 180GP, ok."
Naras takes the money and leaves to return, with the cart, to the temple, where she looks for Pearl.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Naras takes the gold offered and leaves, returning to the temple. She easily finds Pearl in the worship area with Leena and Atoya, practicing her ocarina.

===========

Naras sells one garnet and an unknown gemstone for 180 GP.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I'm back," the dwarf announced. "Nice tune, Pearl."
She paused, "Sold all the hardware. Talking of which, can I have those sling bullets and the standard rations back, please? Oh and when's a good time to talk money?"
When Pearl is happy to talk money, Naras says, "Pearl, you might want to sit down. Remember you said you'd eaned 6GP in the last year? Well you've doen a bit better than that. Your share is 269GP. How do you want it? Just cash? Or a mix of gems and cash? And if you wish to make a donation to the temple, we would be please to accept it on behalf of Gonto. I you wiished to make a more substantial donation, then I'm sure we could come to an arrangement for some appropriate dscounts on healing or whatever."

=========
OOC: I know the bookkeeping stuff is necessaey, and I'm not bad at it, but it can be dead boring to RP. So hoping we can just move money around and move on with more interesting stuff. Your call though.
OOC: Here's how it'll be laid out, and is based on Naras's experience that selling price is based on 50% of purchase price, then less 10% cost of sale and round down:
HW sold = 80GP
Gems sold = 180GP
Gems*
Amethyst = 90GP
Small garnet = 90GP
Ruby =180GP
Large garnet = 450GP
Cash = 274GP
Ring* = 150GP
Battleaxe = 10GP
Less food = -10GP
TOTAL = 1,494GP less tihe to temple (149GP) = 1,345GP
to be split 5 ways, 269GP each share, with 1 share each to Pearl, Leena & Agnas's 'estate' and 2 shares to Naras.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

(OOC: A few questions here.

Why is Naras giving herself two shares, and is she hiding this from the others?

Why is the battle axe listed at 10 GP? She gave it to Roken for free in hopes he'll give her some of the gold he gets from selling it. In which case, wouldn't that sum be split between the party (and Agnas) when she receives it? Or is she keeping that fact from them?

Is she hiding the fact that the ring is magical to the others and trying to pass it off as a mundane ring? Will she be keeping the other magical items she found, the potion, scroll and robes, hidden, as well, or will she have a separate meeting to divide them up after they've been identified?)