Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Tomb of Horrors and Labyrinth of Madness!!!

Post here if you are a DM looking for players or a player hoping to find a game to join.
Forum rules
Please stay on topic at all times. Also, please use proper topic titles to help keep these forums organized. *Use gaming style, gaming type etc in titles* IE: Looking for players in a 3.5e D&D campaign.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Tomb of Horrors and Labyrinth of Madness!!!

Post by TristenC »

Officially I have to say (as a moderator) we're getting off-topic... but pm to follow :D

For the on-topic portion, So far we have:
An elf/orc mage/cleric [Nocturno]
A half-elven fighter/mage [xelphyn]
An athasian or 'dark sun' hafling Cleric of the Lord of Undead (yep, evil death-priest. played by [Bishgada])
Possible Ranger (beastmaster kit by [Rivi])
NPC (or up for grabs upon PC death) Kobold Rogue Pik'gnrok (or 'Peanut' for short: Dex 19, cha 14, Int... 4)
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

I'm leaning towards the Amazon Sorceress from the Complete Wizard, probably just human I suppose.

I have a backstory in mind but i had a few questions that I did not see you address(I probably just missed it). The setting was my main concern really, will I start there, or should I incorporate some form of travel? Should I write that out or will you? Basically am I writing a past or a past+here and now?

and remember, NOBODY EXPECTS THE INQUISITION!
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Ooh! Amazon sorceress! This is going to get in5eresting! Just a past is good, I can work up some way to get you there. I think I'll havr tye dungeon 'exist' on Greyhawk's Oerth, though.
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

I was kinda trying to steer away from fighting classes, so wizard seemed good... but I can't help but want to hit people so it had to be amazon! lol.

Backups:
Goblin- Cleric/thief(is that an option in 2E? sorry if you've addressed that already, did not see it)

Dwarven- Bard(is something I'd like to do, with Celtic/Irish bands like The Big Sea in mind. However, 2E won't allow that so unless you're open to try it(?) I'll just have to give up that dream lol.)

Half-Ogre- Mountain Man Ranger Variant. This seemed like the best choice out of them all for a limited survival campaign until I got to the end and it says he can only own one item over 15gp... that blew my mind. I mean how can you even play that character in a world where you need to have extra protections and weapons that damage specific creature types? Like "Gee, this bludgeoning weapon would be great against undead but it costs 23gp and I've got my long bow and it's +1 so you know pretty expensive... but since I've a plus one bow I can't carry these +1 arrows, cause you know, expensive...".
... Sorry, I really liked the class idea until I realized it has no use other than trying to be a tank that gets hit by everything because he cant wear armor(class restriction) or any protection magic(too expensive) and that can't damage high level monsters(too expensive).

If you'd be willing to drop the money stupidity or raise it to an actual feasible level I would love to do this :D. I mean, they should have at least added level to gold adjustments to make it feasible...I think that was a rant(was that a rant?), sorry :D
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

For this game a goblin would have to dual class rather than Multi-class (based on racial lifespan), but you could do fighter then dual to cleric (or vice versa). To dual, you need a 17 in the prime requisite ability score of your second class... more details in the rules thread.

I allow any race to take any class, so the dwarf bard thing is cool. There are some great bard kits out there too :D

Half-ogre ranger sounds fun :) bummer on the 15 gp thing. I know some things like 'peasant wiz' and stuff allow a weapon and/or armor to be over, but no basic eq. You could just build him likerhe kit and give a similar background without officially taking it... I'll look into it more and see whay can be done...
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

Hehe, I got really excited reading through it and then felt like someone back handed me right in the face. I think I may be over the disappointment so know worries really. Your idea to just build it around the kit sounds fairly good and I may want to start these characters at level one some day(dislike starting high level because I'm less attached to them, which is great for this!) and I may implement it then.

Was going to write some more... but I'll PM you in an attempt to stay on topic...oh...wait, darn.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

So it says 'except weapons and clothes', so you can use magic weps, magic cloaks, gloves, Girdles, gauntlets, etc. just no jewelry or objects that look valuable. I would even allow an ioun stone because, you know, rocks ;)

Also, it says you can brew your own healing potions after lvl 7, so you could start with several of those...
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

You may ignore the Pm that contains an additional rant, I guess maybe the wording was "rough" or it was to my eyes at least.

Much happier with you drawing that to my attention. now I have to choose between three characters that I really like, which one dies first. three because I'm not attached to the gobbo...yet.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Lol, well if you play them recklessly you'll get to use all three :D
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

I've never played a character recklessly in my life!
Do not, I repeat, Do not look at what Yasir is doing as you read this....
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

ok so iv changed my mind i'm going straight fighter named lonk
Characters:
Demiplane of Dread - Cross aka the dagger mage
Classic Puzzle-Cait aka the angel of death
Tales from Golden City-max aka Lady Red Fox
The Forge-dm
Genwald-Elden aka the SoulForger
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Sweet. We don't have any single class fighters yet. That would put you at lvl 14 for the Tomb or lvl 16 for the Labyrinth. You still get to vote for which you prefer to play. Still leaning to dwarf?
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

We had a couple of players bow out, so I will be accepting up to two new players.

The group has chosen (and begun to explore) the Labyrinth of Madness, but will be returning to camp soon where it will be easier to introduce any new players.
SpiderReaver
Peasant
Peasant

Post by SpiderReaver »

Hmmmm... Possibly sounds like an idea....I may have to think of a character aspect. What is the current party looking like?
"L'Oloth wun vel'bolen dos lac, zhah naut zuch vel'bol dos xal ragar" ~SpiderReaver
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

2e, Starting with 2 million xp and 3,000 xp woth of magic items
You can build your own char, or there is one NPC (Pik) available if you like.

Current Party Lineup:

Cait: Female Human Warrior (Lvl 16) (has been murdering monsters left-and-right)
Jar: Male Tusked Elf (Half elf/Half orc. Custom made) Mage/Cleric (12/12) (currently dead, but getting better?)
Ornvul: Female Sylvan Elf Fighter/Mage/Thief (10/11/13) Undead Slayer kit. (Has been scouting a lot)
Yelb: Male Half-Orc Fighter/Transmuter (9/14). (Polymorphed into a dragon, has Limited Wish)
Seosaimhthin: Female Human Amazon Sorceress (15) ('human torch. Used obscure fire-aura spell to burn a bunch of trolls and black puddings away)

Last, least in stature but awesome none-the-less
Pik'gnrok: [NPC available for play if desired] Male Kobold Rogue Lvl 19... Maxed out rogue skills even in studded leather (I.e. 95% even with the armor on) Danger Sense NWP (sensed several traps while using it). Lors of good equipment