A place to find the old game thread and completed Adventures, and Characters

Moderator: mltillis

mltillis
Marshall
Marshall
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: TristenC ((Mercair Ausir)) Private Thread

Post by mltillis »

What? I've never seen that key before, and I know it wasn't there yesterday morning. Turic responds. The group at the inn is lead by Vrunar a paldin of Baphamut or perhaps Navi a ocal elven woman. I couldn't say which with certainty.
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Hmm... he allows Turic to examine it closely before pocketing the key. It could have been left to be picked up later... does anyone else have access to this office when you are not in? I would recommend restricting it to just yourself for a while, and taking close note of anyone who protests too much... Do you know where I could get a key copied? I will return it, after.

[OOC: If possible, Mercair will find a place to copy the key quickly, but imperfectly (teeth slightly off, but appearance exact as possible). He will then return the imperfect copy to the temple/urn. He will have a second copy made perfectly. I presume I have physical descriptions of the party members from his 'story thus far' montage?]
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[Ooc: yay, overly suspiciousness and 19 wis for the win, lol. Umm, can I make a sense motive check about whether Turic recognized the key? Skill check +4]
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

It's a large city. However finding a place to copy the key quickly is unlikely. It will take a few hours to find a metals mitch willing to do so immediately. One of the contractors for the temple could probably be persuaded to make a copy immediately, but will likely talk about a purposely bad copy.

Yes. You can perform a sense motive.
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[sense motive check with turic [1d20+4] = 19+4 = 23
I'll just have the contractor make 2 straight copies.]

Once the copies are made and the original returned to turic, he will set out to find the party.
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

Mercair feels that Turin is being truthful. The young priest though troubled by recent events is earnest.

Will create a Meeting at the Safe Haven Inn thread momentarily. You can continue there.
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

Moving around the row of buildings and into the alley behind, Mercair spies two figures moving along the roof tops in the distance. From the street a figure trails them sticking to the shadows.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Closing the distance a bit with the figure on the street, he remains far enough not to draw attention. He keeps an eye on the rooftops as well, trying to see how Navi fares in the pursuit/combat.

[OOC: What is the distance to the unknown characters, and can I get physical descriptions? Specifically weapon range-wise for distance.]
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

Mercair watches as Navi's prey scrambles over an edge and drops into the alley near Hemmeren's Stables. She rushes along the alley towards Weeping Maidens Run, zigging and zagging as she goes.... Navi executes a nigh perfect maneuver, rolling in midair intending to land on her feet. However the stables water trough has a different idea. Her feet skid out on the slick surface dropping her fully into the water filled trough. With a quick glance back, Andrea's prey takes advantage of the mishap to slip out onto the main thoroughfare and out of sight. The figure trailing along on the ground suddenly disappears from sight.
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

Calling off the pursuit and returning to the SafeHaven Inn, Navi and Mercair can arrive as Kyntroice is discussing interrogating the prisoner and offering a drink to Arnora. He spent time going to his room and checking his gear before interacting with the group.

The top of Kolat Tower briefly lights up with crackling energy silhouetting two figures on its roof. After the flare subsides, the roof is barren.