Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

RoD OOC

A 5th edition game set in a Victorian-esque world in the midst of a magi-technological revolution.

Moderator: xelphyn

HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: RoD OOC

Post by HorizonsDream »

I'm off tomorrow night from work, so I should get my character done then.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Did you have any corrections/suggestions for mine?
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

You still need to make choices for your ranger class abilities: Favored Enemy and Natural Explorer.
Put them in the features and traits section under flaws on the first page, and move your racial abilities here as well.
I don't blow minds, I blast brains.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Thought I did, but I guess I forgot to save it... added and double checked. I also moved his Dragonborn stuff there as well. ;D
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

How's it coming along with character creation?
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

I guess I have...what, inventory and spells left?
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Yeah, I pretty much scrapped my original idea, and now I'm trying to come up with a new one. I'm thinking I might just recreate an old character. I'll get it done eventually.
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

JadedDM wrote:I guess I have...what, inventory and spells left?
I believe that's it. You can either go with the starting equipment listed for your class and background or you can roll for starting gold (5d4*10gp for clerics).
As for spells, significant changes have been made to the spell casting system have been made it's explained here> http://www.nexttools.us/spellcasting/spellcasting
The main things are:
*Cantrips: Can be used at will, Limited number known.
*Preparing spells: Rather than being prepared on a one by one basis, magic users who prepare spells will essentially prepare their 'arsenal' for the day.
can be bad at explaining things sometimes, so here's an attempt at clarification:
Traditional method: prepare magic missile once, cast magic missile once, no more magic missile.
5E method: prepare magic missile, can cast magic missile as long as you have spell slots to use for it.
*The magnitude of spells no longer naturally increase as you level up, instead, higher spell slots must be used to increase the power off spells.
It'll be explained better in the link...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

xelphyn wrote:*Preparing spells: Rather than being prepared on a one by one basis, magic users who prepare spells will essentially prepare their 'arsenal' for the day.
can be bad at explaining things sometimes, so here's an attempt at clarification:
Traditional method: prepare magic missile once, cast magic missile once, no more magic missile.
5E method: prepare magic missile, can cast magic missile as long as you have spell slots to use for it.
It kind of sounds like the way spellcasting in DDO works, but with spell slots instead of MP.
xelphyn wrote:*The magnitude of spells no longer naturally increase as you level up, instead, higher spell slots must be used to increase the power off spells.
Does this mean there is just a single list of spells, instead of them being tiered by levels? Like, instead of Cure Light Wounds, Cure Serious Wounds and Cure Critical Wounds, it's just "Cure Wounds" and how powerful is based on what level slot you use?
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

I just realized that the site I shared with you guys doesn't have spells, so I found this:
JadedDM wrote:
xelphyn wrote:*The magnitude of spells no longer naturally increase as you level up, instead, higher spell slots must be used to increase the power off spells.
Does this mean there is just a single list of spells, instead of them being tiered by levels? Like, instead of Cure Light Wounds, Cure Serious Wounds and Cure Critical Wounds, it's just "Cure Wounds" and how powerful is based on what level slot you use?
Not quite, there are still 9 levels of spells... here I'll give a couple of examples:

Charm Person
1st-level enchantment
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 30 feet
Components: V, S
Duration: 1 hour

You attempt to charm a humanoid you can see within range. It must make a Wisdom saving throw, and does so with advantage if you or your companions are fighting it. If it fails the saving throw, it is charmed by you until the spell ends or until you or your companions do anything harmful to it. The charmed creature regards you as a friendly acquaintance. When the spell ends, the creature knows it was charmed by you.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, you can target one additional creature for each slot level above 1st. The creatures must be within 30 feet of each other when you target them.

Fireball
3rd-level evocation
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 150 feet
Components: V, S, M (a tiny ball of bat quano and sulfur)
Duration: Instantaneous

A bright streak flashes from your pointing finger to a point you choose within range and then blossoms with a low roar into an explosion of flame. Each creature in a 20-foot-radius sphere centered on that point must make a Dexterity saving throw. A target takes 8d6 fire damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.

The fire spreads around corners. It ignites flammable objects in the area that aren’t being worn or carried.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 4th level or higher, the damage increases by 1d6 for each slot level above 3rd.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Going with my background and class, it looks like this would be my inventory:

From being a cleric:
Warhammer
Chain mail
Steel Shield
Sling
Sling bullets x 10
Holy symbol
Priest's pack (Backpack, winter blanket, candles x 10, tinderbox, alms box, 2 blocks of incense, censer, vestments, rations (2 days), waterskin)

From being an acolyte:
A second holy symbol
Prayer book
More incense (x5)
A second set of vestments
A set of common clothes
Belt pouch (15 GP)

I'll also buy a healer's kit (-5 GP).
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

JadedDM wrote:Going with my background and class, it looks like this would be my inventory:

From being a cleric:
Warhammer
Chain mail
Steel Shield
Sling
Sling bullets x 10
Holy symbol
Priest's pack (Backpack, winter blanket, candles x 10, tinderbox, alms box, 2 blocks of incense, censer, vestments, rations (2 days), waterskin)

From being an acolyte:
A second holy symbol
Prayer book
More incense (x5)
A second set of vestments
A set of common clothes
Belt pouch (15 GP)

I'll also buy a healer's kit (-5 GP).
Alright, I think all that's left is for you to pick your cantrips.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

I assume you'll be providing a list of spells and cantrips then?
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

Oh, oops, I thought I did, here you go.
http://ephe.github.io/grimoire/
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

After some thought, I've decided to not join. I feel bad about it, but I'm just not feeling it. I also don't want to hold you guys up from starting the game. I'm sorry. :(