Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Requiem of Despair, in (5)E Minor

Post here if you are a DM looking for players or a player hoping to find a game to join.
Forum rules
Please stay on topic at all times. Also, please use proper topic titles to help keep these forums organized. *Use gaming style, gaming type etc in titles* IE: Looking for players in a 3.5e D&D campaign.
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Requiem of Despair, in (5)E Minor

Post by xelphyn »

Monstrous beasts and other foul creatures have been terrorizing the people of Andantio.
Cases of curious homicides and strange disappearances are being reported on a daily basis.
A strange gloom hangs over the Bisbigliando Woods, This could simply be a perception caused by the nightly visits of various terrors, or, perhaps something ever more ominous...
Anxiousness looms over the city as thick as the ever present clouds that nightly kiss the land as fog. Fear plagues the citizens like a disease, half of whom believe that there is a connection between the disturbing events taking place inside of the city wall, and those happening on the other side, while the other half think of these as unrelated.
Everyone, however, agrees on one thing: something must be done.
The Mayor knows this as well, but his reserve of enforcers is limited (and not growing any larger these days), so he has decided to rely on sellswords, freelancers, mercenaries, and courageous townsfolk to assist the city in these dark times.
Gold is being offered and the bold are reaching out their hands.
A new tavern has been built to house a new guild of brave and extraordinary individuals.
This guild has dubbed themselves the Shadowhunters.

Interested?
Here's Jaded's Big Sixteen.

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
*5th edition Dungeons and Dragons you can rind what you need here> http://www.nexttools.us/

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (e.g. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
*The campaign will take place in a semi-victorian fantasy world

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
*Limitless roster, thanks to the method of character introduction I have decided on, and the fact that this is a play by post thing, I will be able to accommodate for any who wish to join.

4. How fast or slow of a pacing do you want to set? Some games require that players post once a day, every three days, or once a week.
*While I would prefer everone posts at least once a day, I understand that this is not always possible, so I will be going with a three day limit before advancing the story.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
*Players will begin with first level characters.

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
*Starting equipment will be based on your character's class and background

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
*Stickin' to the core rule book (with any optional rules therein allowed)

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
*Stickin' to the core rule book (with any optional rules therein allowed)

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
*27 pointbuy with no abilities scores set above 15 before racial adjustments. Use the calculator found here > http://1d8.blogspot.com/2014/04/point-b ... xt-5e.html

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
*Alignment will be used. Restrictions: Chaotic Evil and Neutral Evil will not be allowed.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
*Stickin' to the core rule book (with any optional rules therein allowed) (Thank god for copy and paste, right?)

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
*Using unseen servant until invisible castle is back up, if that ever happens.(But i mean, come on, can't they throw in a few ad banners to pay for regular maintenance?)

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
CTRL+V
14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
YES.
15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
The game will evolve to accommodate the players.
16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
ECHO... Echo... echo... ctrlv
Last edited by xelphyn on Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't blow minds, I blast brains.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Re: Requiem of Despair, in (5)E Minor

Post by JadedDM »

How newbie friendly will it be? I know nothing at all about 5E, but I'm willing to learn.
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

I can work with you as far as any questions you may have goes, and (at least in the beginning) I will be explaining the mechanics involved as I narrate.
I will also do a sort of 'tutorial' mission at the start of the campaign.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Color me intrigued.

Dragonborn (Cu) Ranger?

Also, I like the ctl+v and echo...echo... echo stuff
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

I don't know what cu is, but dragonborn ranger? Go for it.
Don't forget to select a background option. The backgrounds are handy because they can help guide your backstory, grant additional skills, and can give your character a bit of flavor.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Okay, I'm in, too. Can you elaborate on what you mean by 'semi-Victorian?' Do you mean technology level or the culture? I suddenly had this image of a dragonborn with a monocle, top hat and pocket watch. Or a tiefling tart in stockings and a corset.

Cu is the chemical symbol for copper. I assume TristenC meant he wanted to play a dragonborn of copper dragon descent.
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

To an extent the fashion will be victorianesque for at least a majority of the inhabitants, though different races may have differing styles as a rule of thumb.
As far as the level of technology goes, it will be a sort of speculative fiction thing, in that both magic, and technology exist, and therefore the number of people who would research one if not for the existance of the other will be taken into account.
I'm still in the process of fleshing out the world, but steam technology has developed as has rudimentary electricity; as for gunpowder, it will probably exist, but due to the existence of 'The Weave' (The driving force of magic), it's effectiveness will be dampened , and therefore useful only in large quantities (such as cannons and explosives).

It's funny how you can get an idea for a campaign and then it turns into The Infernal Devices...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

It kind of sounds like "Arcanum Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura" (I never did finish that, come to think of it.)

I have no character concept, but I tend to default to healer when trying something new. So my next question is, what pantheon will you be using?
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

Having been introduced to D&D during the 3.5 era, I'm most familiar with the Greyhawk deities, so I'll be using those.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

JadedDM wrote: Cu is the chemical symbol for copper. I assume TristenC meant he wanted to play a dragonborn of copper dragon descent.
That is absolutely what I meant. Sorry, I'm a metallurgist by trade and sometimes I just abbreviate things like that without thinking about it.
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

No problem, to be honest I should have caught on to it because I'm a chemistry enthusiast , and also because coppers are my favorite type.

I would like to get at least two more players but I could run it with one more... It's not like there's any hurry, I'm still fleshing out the world.

Oh, also, if anyone needs help with character creation we can schedule a time for me to help guide you through it, maybe with some kind of live web chat.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Thanks. I think I'll be good with the char creation. Just a couple of quick questions:

(Having trouble getting the point buy page to add up total spent)

1. From the phb, do I understand correctly stating a 13 costs 5 pts, a 14 costs 7, a 15 costs 9, and can I presumed the 16 would be 11 pts?

2. What format do you want the char sheets in? (Docx, spreadsheet, plain text in email, etc)
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

Oh, that was a typo, my mistake, the limit was meant to be 15, I'll go ahead and edit that.
As far as the character sheets go, use this website > http://www.myth-weavers.com/ it's easy to create and share character sheets this way.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Crap. I should have kept my mouth shut... *sigh* Time to re-spec
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Is Zodal alright for a patron deity?

Oh, and I think I might have found us a third player; I won't name names yet, but she has had an idea for a mage burning in her mind for some time.

Oh, and xel, do you have a name and a description for the game? I can go ahead and set up the forum.