Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 1, Scene 1: "Together in Harmony" (Game Thread)

Library of closed threads.

Moderator: TristenC

TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Act 1, Scene 1: "Together in Harmony" (Game Thread)

Post by TristenC »

This is where we will begin the main game thread. I will direct players here from their private threads as they come together in Harmonia. Character sheets will be maintained in each individual's private thread as usual.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Re: Act 1, Scene 1: "Together in Harmony" (Game Thread)

Post by TristenC »

Harmonia: ‘The Loop’
Dusk. Friday, Feb 23rd. 736.

Yasir makes his intentions known to his only friend in town, and heads out into the street. It is good to be above ground in a city again, especially after crawling around in the sewers and caves and forests… though it had only been a couple of days, he realized. This wasn’t really a city either, in his estimation. While he had humble beginnings, his most recent residence in a metropolis made this place seem tiny. He was sure it could house no more than a couple thousand people… Athkatla was better than sixty times that! Still, it was civilization of a sort.

On a whim, he took the road south and began looking for places to stop and eat. The cobblestone street clicked and clacked under the feet of its residents, some with carts having closed down their portable shops for the day. As the bend in the road straightens, he finds a small narrow fronted tavern with a picture of a cracked clay jug on it. While it seems a likely place to grab a bite or drink, it is equally clear they don’t have the space for rooms. Additionally, the appearance is so shabby he doubts they have even heard the word ‘bath’ uttered in the last month… Probably a good place to drink cheap when he wants to go slumming, though…

As he is about to continue, he sees an odd pair coming around the bend from the north. They are both far shorter than the rest of the crowd, at first glance it appears to be a young girl and a little boy not more than 10 who was rolling a coin over the back of his fingers like a gambler. The girl is wearing armor, of all things, with a mace at her side and a shield over the pack on her back. Suddenly it hits him like a hammer, the ‘girl’ is a Halfling! The first non-human he has seen since entering this strange land! She is quite tall and slender for one of the small folk, but he is sure of it! Taking a closer look at the boy, it appears to be an elf child. The two of them have bloody patches on their clothes as if they had been attacked recently. He only realizes he has been staring when the pair stops.

The Halfling, whose golden hair and deep brown eyes made her quite fetching he must admit, notices him watching. She leans down to the boy and says, in plain common no less, Just keep walking, he won’t bother us…

[Elsa Tallfellow]
[OOC: check out the descriptions for Pyros in the ‘Cast of Victims’ thread and Elsa in the ‘Party Knowledge’ thread.]
==========

Flipping a coin, Pyros takes it for a sign and heads to the right down the cobbled road, rolling it across his knuckles. The two of them pass several shops, including a smithy. Just as the road bends the Kender sees something promising, a grubby looking tavern! Unfortunately it didn’t look like the place he could get a room, but food and a drink or two should be available. Just then, Elsa stops him with a hand on his shoulder. He follows her gaze to a man standing in the street before the tavern, staring at them blatantly.

He is about average height for a human, with short cropped hair and a two-handed sword peeking over his shoulder. His deep tan, criss-crossed with lighter scars, marks him as an outlander. A shortsword is fastened at his side, and a crossbow next to his pack on his back. His clothes, however, are filthy rags that are probably too far soiled to wipe ones feet on. Just keep walking, he won’t bother us… Elsa says, trying to guide them to the other side of the street.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"That man, he sure does not look like the rest of this crowd." he will whisper to Elsa.

"Do you find something interesting good fellow?" He will quickly evade Elsa's grip on his shoulder and introduce himself as Pyros "Traveller Extraordinare!"

As he talks he will work his way closer, as Kender often do. But at the end of his little outburst he will jump back a couple feet as he asks the last question.

He will then start to talk very rapidly, now that he has found something that catches his curiosity.
"Youdon'tseemtolookliketherestofthefolkhere. Areyoufromhere? Doyouknowhowtohandlethatbigsword? Thatswordlookslikeitweighsasmuchasme! Youlookdangerous, oh wait! Are you dangerous?!" He will take a step back after blurting that all out. But the curiosity will be apparent on his face.

[OoC: The no spaces are intentional trying to come across as how fast Pyros will start to talk once he is interested in something. if that is too annoying I can obviously not do that, and just describe how he is talking.]
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

"Ah Ha! What are the odds of finding someone with which to converse so swiftly! Someone is truly smiling down upon me." Remarks Yasir upon spotting the two and hearing their command of a tongue he understands.

As Yasir is attacked with questions he mounts a sturdy defense, attempting to answer as swiftly as they come. "You friend, mister traveler extraordinaire are interesting. I am not from here. I most certainly can handle this big sword. And I am definitely dangerous, and mighty; an ogre once called me dangerously mighty as he ran for the hills. AH, and My name is Yasir Amin, the Mighty, the brave, the bold and slayer of the unnaturally furry."

Yasir is pleased to encounter someone to speak with and is very curious to know how he got here.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Elsa moves forward with Pyros st first, ready to protect him. When the strange warrior proves friendly, she relaxes a bit.. Fighting the furry, huh. We could have used a hand a few hours ago... Do you speak this odd language too? We don't really know how to communicate here... How long have you been in town? You kind of stand out a bit... She wrinkles her nose, No offense, but you smell like you rolles in a midden heap... or the moat outside...

[Ooc: I personally think the no punctuation is hilarious. I use it with my Kender Kendrivel all the time :D ]
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Phew now that I took a breath, you are right!" he will say to Elsa in no way trying to hide his offense to the smell.

"You know Ogres!?! IwouldlovetobeabletositdownwithafullbloodedOgre. IwasjuststartingtomakefriendswithahalfOgrebeforeIendeduphere!" his tone will rise at the end of this sentence.

"Wolvesthesizeofponiesandonethesizeofahorseattackedusjusttoday!" the terror will be plain on his face, and he will rub his shoulder.

"Weareinsearchoffooddrinkbathsandbeds! Wouldyoujoinusonthisadventure?" Pyros will be vibrating at the hope of talking to this mighty warrior, even if for only a meal.

[OoC: Man I hope he can calm down soon, typing with on spacebar is more difficult that I imagined.]
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

"I'm glad to meet two speakers of this strange language, fair halfling lady and Elf boy." Replies Yasir at first."My unfortunate smell and appearance is due to the battle I was in previously. There were hundereds of men like rats and rats like men, all around me! I was forced to slay over a hundred before I became turned around and ended up here, which usually doesn't happen."

"Wolves you say? and huge ones? I bet you could make a heck of a cloak out of a wolf that big! and probably a bunch belts as well." Remarks Yasir on the mention of wolves.

"My next adventure in fact is to find a bath, a meal and a beer, preferably in that order actually. I'm real new here, do you have any idea where to go?" Yasir finally gets out, he continues looking around the area for any place that sticks out.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Another story you need to tell me! We have just met, and that is 2!" the curiosity will be very apparent on his child like face.

"I'm not a elfchild, by the way, I am a Kender! What is wrong with people in this area?" the emotion on his face changes as fast as Pyros talks.

"Belts, I like belts. Also nice warm cloaks, and coats! I could show you where we saw them! After we get our bath, dinner a few drinks, and you tell me about your Ogre-ish associates!" You can see Pyros vibrating with excitement.

"Oh, we just arrived this eve, I was hoping you knew where to go!" and now back to disappointment!
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

At least you’re looking for a bath… the halfling murmurs quietly. My name is Elsa Tallfelow, she says, extending a hand. Pyros is right, we just got here so we don’t really know anything about this place. We were headed that way, she points east down the main road, looking for an inn or something ourselves. Turning back to Pyros, See, he doesn’t know what a Kender is either. And he obviously recognizes me for a Halfling. Am I right? the last was said to Yasir.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Well out of sight Mira's head spins round for a moment, a Kender, the young Girl that was not a girl.. The Raunie had told her to expect them, and the woman hadn't steered her wrong so far.

So why was she hesitating? She'd spent the last month alone with these people, never hearing a language she knew, no connection to home...

Something told her to wait a moment, watch the situation unfold, they were heading East so hopefully they would see the Wayfarer, they looked like travellers, the kind that would fit.. She wasn't sure if Guilliam would accept the one in Rags, something could be done.

Watching the situation she listens for a few moments, following them when they do.

(She hasn't engaged the party just yet, nothing personal you understand.)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"There must be an Inn around here somewhere. What are we waiting for?!?" Pyros will start walking down the street looking at the signs.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

I guess we can walk and talk, Elsa says, following him. You coming? she calls to Yasir.

[Ooc: yasir has clothes under his chainmail, too. You can discard the rags whenever you want.]
Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Namenlos »

"There has gotta be a bath here somewhere." Mutters Yasir as he walks after the two, stripping off the rags as he moves.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Mira follows occasionally stopping to browse in a few windows while keeping near them if she can.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The newly acquainted trio heads east along the street. A little further down on the left, Yasir notices a second smithy, though it is closing up. A large two-story building, the only one nearby that high, takes up the southwest corner ahead. A wider road leads past it from the southern gate and heads straight for the fortified structure on the central hill. As they draw near, they see a sign depicting a man seated on a bench with a staff propped beside him. As someone passes inside, the sound of a good, full common room wafts out along with the inviting aromas of food and ale. Oh, thank Yondalla... Elsa sighs, heading for the door.

[Ooc: check out the description of the Wayfarer's Rest in the 'party knowledge' thread]

Unbeknownst to the party Mira shadows them from a distance, using the now familiar crowd and shops to her advantage.