Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Dungeons and Dragons Online (DDO)

A place to leave general messages and, of course, a link to the main site. The Planet
Forum rules
All messages should be kept clean; religious and political comments will be deleted straight away.

This forum is for players registered in games on this site only.

See The Planet for more details and the main site.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Dungeons and Dragons Online (DDO)

Post by JadedDM »

This is an official thread for DDO players at Planet to use for conversations relating to DDO the free-to-play MMORPG set in Eberron using 3E rules. I created this thread so as to not clutter up the general MMORPG thread.

Current Roster
JadedDM - Edair Soulstaff (Human Cleric 6)
HorizonsDream - Alvaerele Mylaerla (Elf Fighter 2)
TristenC - Signation Ellosian (Elf Ranger 6/Rogue 1)
xelphyn - Hallr Stein (Human Sorcerer 8/Rogue 1) and Xelphina (Elf Fighter 7/Paladin 1/Ranger 1/Bard 1)
Haahque - Haahqae (Halfling Wizard 2/Rogue 3) and Hikor (Half-Orc Cleric 14/Barbarian 4/Fighter 6)

Server: Sarlona
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online (DDO)

Post by JadedDM »

Out of curiosity, I logged in today with my old characters that I haven't touched since 2012. Here is what I learned:

Apparently my paladin was in a guild? I have no memory of this whatsoever. The guild is dead, nobody has logged in for a year or more, including the leader. I also have two people on my friends list. I am uncertain who either of them are.

I did not get very far in this game. My most powerful character is level 5.

I have little to no memory how to play this game! I may as well be a fresh newbie. :lol:

I was thinking of maybe rolling a mage. I've tried Rogue, Cleric and Paladin so far, although I don't really remember any of them much.

TristenC said he was thinking elven ranger. Anyone else have any thoughts on what they want to play?
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

I still have my ranger if we go on the main server (Orien, I think?) He's lvl 6 Ranger 1 rogue (for those locks and traps)
If we want to draw up new ones I'm good with that too. I'm flexible, too. If someone else wants to try ranger I can go with just about anything.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Okay, we went ahead and started new characters on the Sarlona server. Meet Edair Soulstaff (Human Cleric 1) and Alvaerele Mylaerla (Elf Fighter 1).

The hardest part was finding names that the game would actually accept!
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

Oh, cool, this thread was a good idea.
I'm still away from home for about 5 more days, but I did find a DDO wiki page, so at least I'll know want I want to play when I get back to my computer.
Still leaning towards the eldritch knight thing though, so I'll probably start as a half elf wizard or sorcerer.
I don't blow minds, I blast brains.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Might be able to work up mine fri night, depending on the home situation...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Sounds great. Let us know your character's name, race and class when you do create them. Take a screenshot to share, if you want. (Alt+z to hide the UI, then ctrl+p to take the pic).

After we finished the solo tutorial (The Grotto), we met up and formed a party to do one quest together--Heyton's Rest. Mostly undead, so my turn ability was pretty useful. So was my ability to conjure up a celestial hound to tank for us. Only one trap, so we weren't able to disarm it, but we did work around it. And being an elf, Horizon found a secret door right away, so that was cool.

Looking forward to seeing you in the game!
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Sweet. I think I'll take my 1st lvl up in rogue like I did for my main char. High dex and wis necessary for ranger stuff makes for a good part-time troubleshooter of traps and locks :D
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

I feel like this could also be a way to get more members on the forums as well.
I don't blow minds, I blast brains.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

I Present to you:
Signation Ellosian
Elven Ranger lvl 1
[str 12, dex 16, con 12, wis 16, int 10, cha 8]
maxed out spot, search, hide, listen, and other sneaky stuff.

Picture to follow when I get him through the tutorial and he isn't wearing a rag-toga anymore...

Don't forget to roll the Daily Dice, everyone! I got a 400xp orb on mine and 2 gold seal healing potions :D
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Signation hangin out behind the bar with Ingrid the barmaid ;)
Before anyone says it, no he is not threatening her.,, He's the new bouncer, apparently.

Side note, I just realized I hit 500 posts in three months... i have no life, apparently :(
Attachments
Signation.JPG
Signation.JPG (134.07 KiB) Viewed 16200 times
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

xelphyn wrote:I feel like this could also be a way to get more members on the forums as well.
I hadn't really thought about it, but I suppose it is possible.
TristenC wrote:Don't forget to roll the Daily Dice, everyone!
Yeah, I noticed that. That isn't a feature that was around when I used to play.
TristenC wrote:Side note, I just realized I hit 500 posts in three months... i have no life, apparently :(
Well, you do have a tendency to double-post a lot...

But seriously, it's not surprising. Your forum stats say that you post about 5 times a day and that 60% of your current post count is from your Ravenloft game. So on average you post once a day in each of your individual players' threads and once a day in my WotL game. That all adds up fast.

Anyway, welcome to the game, Signation! We'll have to set an appointment so your character can meet up with ours and we can do some dungeon crawling.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

JadedDM wrote:
Well, you do have a tendency to double-post a lot...
But edits don't count as additional posts, right? And do double-posts still count if they're deleted?

JadedDM wrote:
Anyway, welcome to the game, Signation! We'll have to set an appointment so your character can meet up with ours and we can do some dungeon crawling.
Schweet.
I ran through a couple of the starter quests like Heyton's rest. I'm trying not to do too much outside the group so there isn't a large spread once we all get together. Looking forward to doing a little MMO gaming with you all!
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Edits don't count toward your post count, and if your post is deleted, it is subtracted from your post count.

Yeah, aside from the solo tutorial, all we did was the quest to find the soulbinder at the inn (not really a quest at all, but whatever), and Heyton's Rest. We got two actions points and put them into enhancements, and both of us are pretty sure we probably screwed that up (the enhancement system is quite different from how I remember it).

Anyway, yeah, it should be fun.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Cool, thanks for the info :) I figured it was mainly the private threads driving me up, but still... no life.. :D

Yeah, the enhancement thing is a little confusing at first.

One good resource for explaining stuff like that is the DDO wiki page below
http://ddowiki.com/