Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Dungeons and Dragons Online (DDO)

A place to leave general messages and, of course, a link to the main site. The Planet
Forum rules
All messages should be kept clean; religious and political comments will be deleted straight away.

This forum is for players registered in games on this site only.

See The Planet for more details and the main site.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Dungeons and Dragons Online (DDO)

Post by JadedDM »

Hmm, it seems you were right. I carefully checked all of my gear, and it turns out my shield had a power like that. I unequipped it and was able to complete the quest, albeit with a mob of kobolds nipping at my heels.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Hey, it actually happened. For the first time ever in this game, I hit level 6!

:rock:

Honestly, though, I think I only was able to pull it off this time because XP is so much more plentiful nowadays. That whole once a day silver die roll that gives you hundreds of free XP, for instance.
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

Back now, so I should start thinking about this War of the Lance post... I got some prewritten for this one, but I also sort of have to think about it a little.

Congrats! I might have to level up Haahqae in case you ever want to play with him again :o I think Hikkor's currently level 6 too.

Now, for the ultimate challenge, can you reach level 7?
Veni Vidi Vici
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

I suppose stranger things have happened. Plus, I might be getting some more free time this month, so we'll see. It will likely be awhile before it happens, if at all, though.

Even in real D&D, I've never surpassed level 2 as a player, so getting to level 5 in DDO was still quite the accomplishment, never mind 6 or even 7. :lol:
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

I've managed to do pretty much all of the quests in the Harbor and Marketplace that are unlocked to me now. I recently realized I had forgotten all about the Waterworks and never stepped foot in there, so that will be my next target.

I've acquired a couple of tomes...one of CON and one of CHA, I believe. Should I use them now, or wait until level 7 when they are +2? (Although that assumes I ever will hit level 7, of course.)
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

The tomes don't get better as you level up, if you picked up a +1 tome, it will give +1 no matter what level you are. The level 7 for +2 tomes means that you cannot get full benefit from a +2 tome until you are level 7, so if you've used (for example) a +3 tome on a character, it will give you +0 from levels 1-2, +1 from levels 3-6, +2 from levels 7-10, and +3 for levels 11+. Feel free to use any tomes you found as soon as you get them. They are permanent and you keep all benefits from the when you True Reincarnate.

Waterworks were, for a while, my favorite group of quests, they have a lot of optionals with lots of chests. And one of the saga rewards is the sewer smock which I'm a fan of for any robe user or dex build to do the market quests (where melph's acid arrow is common).
Veni Vidi Vici
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Oh, alright then. I went ahead and used both my tomes today.

The Waterworks was where I left off last time I stopped playing, I believe. My internet connection got really bad for awhile, and playing an always online game just wasn't possible anymore. That was around the time I also made the switch to DMing chat-based games to play-by-post. The former just wasn't feasible with an internet connection that kept severing, over and over again.

Time passed. I got a new computer (which didn't have DDO installed on it), and I eventually got better broadband. By that point, I had sort of forgotten about DDO and moved on to STO instead.

So, after all this time, I've basically managed to make it back to where I left off. But with an extra level. :lol:
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

I finished the Waterworks today. Now I'm not sure what to do. I've never made it this far before. I've finished all of the quests that I can do in the harbor and the market and I'm not certain what area I should begin working on next.

Also, I did my daily roll today and got a 100. I received some kind of tome that raises my DEX bonus from +2 to +3. But it specifies it only works if you already have a DEX bonus of +2. I have a DEX bonus of 0. So is this thing useless? It's bound to account and I can't sell it. And it seems unlikely I'll ever raise my DEX high enough to use it. Kind of a let down.
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

You can get +2 tomes of any type by getting 1750 total favor. That may sound like a lot... but it's generally easier then picking up a +2 tome by random loot imo. Keep the tome, wait for a +2 dex tome.

As for what to do next? You want to go to the houses, house D has a chain of level 4-5 quests, house K has a group of level 4-6 quests, house P has level 5-7 quests, house J has a bunch of level 5-10 quests. Since the waterworks is level 3-4 quests, these would be a logical next step.
Veni Vidi Vici
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

I went to House Deneith and found a series of jobs at the nearest inn: The Depths of Despair, The Depths of Darkness, The Depths of Discord, and The Depths of Doom. Finished the last of them today. There were quests at another inn, but they were level 8.

So up next, House Kundarak!
Haahque
Knight
Knight

Post by Haahque »

Just giving a reminder that I have an open invitation for anyone who wants to hook up in game I can play with people and/or give advice on lots of stuff in the game. My characters to group with are currently:

Haahqae: level 5 rogue/wizard
Hikkor: level 7 barbarian

And I can always make a new character at level 1, 4, 7 or even 15 (until I run out of slots, I don't have that many of them :D ) to play with people if they like.
Veni Vidi Vici
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Well...that was unexpected.

I hit level 7 today.

I know, nobody is more surprised than me. Wow, this game is way, way easier since the last time I played it. :lol: