A place to find the old game thread and completed Adventures, and Characters

Moderator: mltillis

mltillis
Marshall
Marshall
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Kyntroice ((xelphyn)) Private Thread

Post by mltillis »

Please post your character sheet link in this topic as well as filling out the description template:

Physical Description:
*Name:
*Race:
*Height:
*Build/Weight:
*Hair:
*Eyes:
Complexion:
*Identifying Marks (if present):
Clothing:
Personal Items usually carried:

Personal Information:
*Personality:
*Skills and Abilities:
*Weapons Used:

Background Information:
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Re: Kyntroice ((xelphyn)) Private Thread

Post by xelphyn »

Character sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=579647

Name: Kyntroice
Race: Human
Height:5'9
Weight: 140
Hair: Black cut at medium length and worn (usually) in a regal style.
Eyes: Green

Appearance: Fair of skin and handsome, with facial hair trimmed and groomed in a Balbo style. His resting expression is one of sophistication with a touch of cockiness.

Identifying marks: Tendrils of purple scarring starting at his left hand and gradually diminishing at his elbow.

Clothing: Dressed in the fashion of an entertainer, his favorite outfit is one of black linen, embroidered in silk with a pattern of deep violet flames. The outfit consists of wide legged, flowing trousers tied at the waist with a white cotton sash, the shirt cut in a deep v, revealing his chain shirt beneath it. the right arm is sleeveless, and on his right hand he wears a spiked gauntlet, the left sleeve is long and wide, covering his hand while it is at rest.

Personality: snide and cynical, where he once flaunted his emotions, he now hides them behind a wall of grins and quips.

Skills and abilities: dodge, mobility. eldritch blast, hideous blow, detect magic, deceive item, dr1/ cold iron.

Weapons used: cold iron long spear, alchemical silver spiked gauntlet.

Background information: expelled from a college of magic, he was forced to return to his parent's house, soon after, the mysterious deaths of his parents left him without even that. Kyntroice was forced to spend the last decade making ends meet by doing honest labor, and sometimes not so honest labor. But he has a debt to pay, and it seems the collector has finally come for his due.
I don't blow minds, I blast brains.
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

He could have been a sorcerer, should have been, but he wasn't blessed with that gift,Kyntroice thought to himself as he walked along the road.
Instead he had to become a wizard- or at least, that's what his family thought, after all, both of his parents had been excelent mages, graduated from some college he didn't care to remember the name of.
They treid to send him to that same academy, well, they did, but only for bout half a year.
Mybe he had it too easy growing up, he had always relied on their magic, their enchanted items. They never thought him any of what they knew.
"You'll learn the proper way," his father had told him, "in a formal invironment, just like we did."

They never taught him pateince either, as it turned out. He should have been able to grasp the concepts of magic, he should have put more effort into his studies.
If only he had known the price for taking the easy way out- the price for empty promises, but he didn't, not back then, at least.
The price was too high, he thought to himself as the gates of the city came into view, it still isn't paid in full.

Flexing his right hand, Kyntroince infuses the air in his palm with fiendish energy.
His 'gift' he thinks to himself cynically. As the energy dissapates he allows his thoughts to drift back into his past, back to that fateful day all those years ago.

It was another day of failure, conjuration class his teacher had tried to show him the workings of one of the most basic forms of conjuration: a spell that would pull from the elemental plane of earth.
When he failed his teacher let out a sigh of frustration "You're always reading about the planes. Why can't you do something as simple as this? Are you suffering from some kind of block?"
Filled with shame, the young Kyntroice ran out of the classroom and started wondering aimlessly through the college halls.
He had been walking around for at least an hour when he fan into onther pair of students.
"Oh, it's you." one of them had said.-He couldn't recall their name, or even what they looked like, but what they said- what they did- was burned into his soul like the infernal curse that resulted from their actions.
"I heard you messed up again today" the second one had said.
"He didn't mess up, messing up is when you accidentally make something explode, he didn't even accomplish that."

"Bounce off." Kyntroice had told them, but still they insisted on bothering him.

"Come on, let us show you how real conjurers do things. We're going to go conjure an extraplanar being. Come with us, it will be fun."

He had known there'd been some catch to this, he was alway made fun of for being such a failure, especially by these two, but the oppurtunity was too good too pass up.
Sure, maybe they'd conjure a water elemental and push him into it, or maybe chase him around with a fire elemental. but they would conjure something and he'd get to see it.

So he went with them

He didn't know how they preformed the ritual, he still doesn't. Anytime he tried remembering the summoning, he would always draw a blank.
But he does remember everything that happened after that, The fiend screaming vile threats, whispering sweet promises, requesting his freedom, demanding his release.
He remembered the other students laughing, at him and at the fiend.

"Is that a DEVIL?!" He had screamed " Are you guys insane?!"

"Shut up!" one of the students had said and hit him in the face with a back handed slap.
"You get to bow to it. Kiss his feet." the other had said dragging young Kyntroice to the chalk circle.

That's when he had had enough.

Drunk on despair, agony, and self loathing, He broke free from the one holding him and ran.
Not away, but to the binding circle, and began rubbing it away.

"Hey who's the crazy one now?! If you free he, he'll kill us all!"

"As long as he kills you first I can die in peace." Kyntroice replied.

And he got his wish. But as the other two lie dead on the ground and the creature turn to him, a sisnister smile stretched across its face.

"I don't think I'm going to kill you, after all, you released me. I have a thought: let's make a deal..."

That deal ended up staining his hands with the blood of his own family. And the archmages, having quickly discovered that he had made a pact with a devil expelled him from the academy.

The price was to high... and it wasn't paid yet.

With no home to go back to, Kyntroice took to the roadstraveling here and there, picking up what ever jobs he could find.

He was waiting for his 'Patron' to find him, to tell him what to do next. He was hoping for help, but Devils don't do that. After some years went by, he began to think the fiend had forgotten about him... But devil's don't do that either.

After long years of nothing, the devil finally sent him off on another task.

He was being sent to Waterdeep, but he had not yet learned what for. "You'll be contacted when you get there. I have a very... complicated objective in mind, and it's best if you just go on along now."

After he was done with this unknown task, his debt would be paid in full, at least, that's what the devil had told him.

"Well, here I am." kyntroice said to himself as he reached the gates of Waterdeep. "What now, I wonder?"
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

His birth name was Alex Cernwood.
He was the child of Adam Cernwood and Lexia Cernwood (Maiden name: Briarfall).
The Cernwood name was risen into minor nobility through the heroic deeds of capturing a legion of devils who had been plaguing the mage's academy.

The events of the pact:
In exchange for the gift's the fiend would bestow upon Alex, he was told to free the fiend's companions.
While the devil swore that he wouldn't harm any of his family, he did not make the promise that his companions would not.
Alex was able to explain his situation to the Archmage of the academy. Leaving out the details of the deal- and how the fiend was released, Alex explained how the other two students had used his blood to preform the summoning ritual, and that the devil broke free of the binding circle and killed them. He also said that he had a moment of weakness, fearing that the fiend would slay him as well if he refused the deal.
The Archmage told Alex that his parents had been close friends to him and that this fact, paired with the fact that they had assisted the college in the past, made him decide to treat Alex with leeway.
Alex was sent on a personal leave to visit with his parents in order to have the bond severed.
This, however, made it easier for Alex to fulfill his side of the bargain because the vessels in which the fiends underlings were held in were located in the manor's vault.
When he arrived home his parents greeted him with equal parts kindness and caution, telling him that the Archmage had already sent word explaining his situation.
They set up protective magics in his bed chambers and told him that they would send for a priest in the morning.
He waited until his parents were asleep then ventured into the vaults and destroyed the vessels in which the devils where held captive.
The combined powers of the released legion were strong enough to overcome all protective wards in his home and the devil's began wreaking havoc on the manor, slaying his parents in the process, afterwards, they turn on Alex, but just they were about to kill him, his patron appeared and intervened.

"Stop! This one is one of mine... As are the other two, bring them to me."
Of the thirteen, the one who had killed his parents slumped foreword "Sire, I- We didn't know..."
"FOOLS!" the archfiend bellowed, "I had plans for them! Who is responsible?"
The lesser devil bowed his head lower."S-sire, I thought you would be pleased, I didn't know. Please, I beg your forgiveness."
"Hold him down."
At once the other fiends pounced upon him.
As he vainly struggled to break free, the archfiend drew a sinister looking dirk and prepared for the execution, but at the last moment, he stopped.

"Alex, you do it." He said, then handed over the dirk.

Alex took the blade and completed the execution.
The blade sank into the fiend and it dissipated, it's essence absorbed by the dirk, it's power surged into Alex's arm.

This is when he discarded his birth name and adopted the mononym 'Kyntroice' which means blood scarred in the infernal tongue.

Afterwards the archdevil told Kyntroice that there was one more of his legion to be freed and that releasing this one would be more complicated so he would complete this part of the task at a later time.

When he returned to the mage's college he told the archmage that he had failed and that his parents had been killed.
The archmage treated him with sympathy.
"Word of unholy influences in the college would besmirch our reputation, normally we would deal with such a situation by executing the individuals involved. I, however, have always been against such methods, and as it would turn out, all records of you being involved with the college have been destroyed. As far as anyone is concerned, you never attended this academy, so thankfully, your life will be spared. Unfortunately, this also means that there is no longer a place for you here. I'm afraid you'll have to leave."
Last edited by xelphyn on Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

The city streets bustle with activity as Kyntroice makes his way into the depths of Waterdeep. Vagabonds constantly approach travelers either begging for food and coin, or to quickly pilfer a loose pouch. As he walks a small waif dashes up and tugs at Kyntroice's sleeve.
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

Kyntroice reflexively jerks his arm away.
"What is it?" He asks. "Come to beg for coin?... Or is there another matter that brings you to me?"
This couldn't be the 'contact' that was mentioned, could it? He was expecting something a bit more- well actually, he didn't know what he was expecting come to think of it. Besides, this urchin could be simply pestering him for money after all.
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

Kyntroice tries to jerk his arm away but the waif's grip holds fast. Looking upward the child greats him with eyes bearing a gaze most ancient. Vestele is missing, yet she is found. Vestele is trapped, yet she is free. Vestele is servant and Vestele is master.... Find the missing. Hide the found. Free the trapped. Ensnare the free. Master the servant and serve me the master. Give me a Vestele and give me the Vestele.... The child pauses for a moment... Find out all you can about maidens whose lineage is tied to House Ealeoth. Where they are, how they may be taken? Gain their trust, learn their secrets.
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

(Ooc, this has already got me in anticipation; usually when a DM does anything with demons or devils, it's: rawr! Souls! I'M EVIL! This looks promising.)

Kyntroice lets out a sigh.
~Always so cryptic, ~ he thinks to himself ~always so dramatic, sometimes I can't tell weather they're trying to test my intelligence, or my patience. ~
"Got it." Kyntroice says. "Stalk the girls of some important heritage, and find out where to pick a few up. Should I find out their hobbies as well? Whether they prefer an invigorating hike through the woods or a relaxing night of laying back and gazing at the stars? Favorite foods?"
"Got any suggestions for where to start, this seems like one of those things where I have to be subtle, so I don't imagine I can prance into the nearest tavern and ask the bartender 'So have you heard any of the latest gossip about those Ealeoth descendants?' Will I be reporting what I learned to you? Or some other random pawn?"
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

What are you talking about mister? The waif looks at Kyntroice puzzledly before running off.
Kyntroice finds himself on the edge of Castle Ward, nearby stands the Library of Waterdeep and the Hall of Records.
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

~Full possession? His power is growing, ~ Kyntroice thinks to himself. ~As is his influence.~
"Oh? Nothing, just thinking out loud."
As the waif runs off Kyntroice can't help but feel sympathy for the poor soul.
"Hey, wait." Kyntroice tosses the child a gold coin.
"Isn't that what you came to me for in the first place?"
As the child runs a off, Kyntroice sees the Hall of Records.
"Well, I guess I'd better get started." he says to himself.
Kyntroice adjusts his sleave and makes his way to the building.
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

A few hours of searching through the records reveals:

First mention of an Ealoeth is that of Sinistrad shortly after his party settled in Waterdeep. During an excursion into the infamous “Blue Alley,” they rescued the archmage Keilier's former girlfriend, Nallana, from a magical prison.

Numerous magical mishaps and wild surges accompanied him, bringing him to the attention of the authorities of Waterdeep.

During this time Sinistrad and the others set up their transport company, dealing almost exclusively with the Dezlentyr shipping fleet. Current owners listed as : Vestele Ealoeth, Ag High Priest of Torm, Aedh Sydan, and heirs of two others listed as deceased.

Sinistrad was victim to a gender-changing wild surge while adventuring in Undermountain in 1367 DR. The wild surge had an unusual effect on the half-elven Sinistrad. She found herself transformed not only into a female, but a full-blooded sun elf as well.... Unconfirmed reports claimed that a spell-blasted human male wearing tattered wizards garb, exitted Undermountain shortly after Sinistrad’s party carried the now female Sinistra out.....Shortly afterwards tales of Sinistra entering and exitting the Blue Alley in various states of dress and undress begin circulating......On the same day it is noted that a group of Eldreth Veluuthra elf supremacists is found slaughtered in the dock ward.

With the Lords becoming concerned with the increase in magical mishaps, Sinistra chose self-exile until the time she could prove her control had improved.

Three years later, Vestele Ealoeth arrives and takes over Sinistra’s estate and affairs claiming Sinistra now deceased.

Vestele quickly entrenches herself in Waterhavian society. Becoming quite popular with the single male members of the nobility.
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

~I need to find out more about Dezlentyr shipping fleet... And this 'Blue Alley'.~ Kyntroice thinks to himself.
He gets up to browse the aisles for more information on local trading companies, and grabs a few unrelated documents that seem interesting or otherwise helpful in order to help stifle the monotony of his research.
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

The Dezlentyr Villa (Sea Ward, Waterdeep), is the family home of House Dezlentyr.
House Dezlentyr (Des-LEN-teer) is one of the Nobility of Waterdeep.

Patriarch: Arlos Dezlentyr
Consort: Erin Dezlentyr (second wife)
Heir: Corin Dezlentyr (eldest son)
Home: Dezlentyr Villa
Trade & Interests: Caravan trading and shipping, exploration, island settlement, establishment of harbors.
Arms: A royal blue bisect sinister, a rich green island with tree uppermost upon light blue water upon a field of white, a silver anchor lowermost beneath three white stripes upon a field of red.
Other Members: Corinna Dezlentyr

The House of Dezlentyr

Dezlentyr noble family is well known for its caravan trading and shipping, spreading their business across the Faerun. But they are most famous for their sea exploration and island colonization and construction of harbors. Their exploration and colonization techniques are second to none.

Dezlentyr, Arlos: The fifth lord of the Dezlentyr family dynasty, His first wife was slain 14 years ago by an assassin; Arlos still believes a political enemy of his in Waterdeep engineered the attack, as many objected when he married the elven maiden (some disliking the precedent of a nonhuman noble). He remarried ten years ago to Erin Cassalanter, a younger daughter of that house.

Dezlentyr, Corin: The heir to the Dezlentyr fortunes, Corin is a dashing young sea captain and explorer. Despite his half-elven blood, many among the nobility accept him far more than they do his father.

Dezlentyr, Corinna: The twin of her brother Corin, Corinna is a great beauty like her mother with her platinum hair and blue eyes (the nearly-identical features on her brother appear quite distinguished). Corinna is the only woman among the noble-born Deep Delvers of Undermountain, and they, as well as other noblemen, are her constant suitors.

Dezlentyr, Erin: Erin was the fourth daughter of Lord Cassalanter and inherited his business
sense, but was not in line for the family title. This all mattered little when she married Arlos Dezlentyr; she helped him raise his two older children and three more of their own, and she now helps him run the business. Many know that Erin is the real genius behind Dezlentyr affairs and her careful, frugal management is the sole reason the family still has its large fortunes.

In recent months, many halls and passages in the city have been lit by chased and intricately-worked cast brass owl lamps, many of them permanently affixed to pedestals or wall- ledges. These owl lamps, once popular in Myth Drannor, are hollow sculptures of owls and can be hooded (turned to a dark state) by sliding panels behind the owl's eyes and its' fluted sides by means of pull-chains. Inside are either 6" diameter glowing globes (in the case of many nobles), or simple candles.
Apparently, this fad started when Lady Erin Dezlentyr brought back several of these lamps from a curio shop in the Archendale town of Arrowmark. She had them on display at one of her parties, and sent many of the nobles on hand scrambling to obtain their own "Myth Drannan Lights." Waterdeep's bronze-workers report heavy business in the new lamps.

Blue Alley

Located in the Sea Ward of Waterdeep, The Blue Alley is the creation of the
wizard Kielier Twistbeard, named for the blue paving stones which make up
the flooring. This bizarre building is largely believed to serve the dual
purpose of study and entertainment for its sadistic creator. The alley is
full of devious traps and strange constructs, placed there along with items
of magic to lure in hapless adventurers.

The city watch posts a guard to keep ignorant and inexperienced people from
wandering into this depraved place. The reason the lords do not have the
place destroyed is, officially, that the place hurts nobody who stays well
clear of it, and many lives would likely be lost in battling its creator.
Unofficially, it keeps the population of foolish adventurers down, and at
the same time attracts adventurers and their coin much like a small version
of Undermountain
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

I should have stated. The location of the Ealoeth manor house was in the records. Julhoon Street.
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

~Well, if I'm going to get involved with the nobility of this place, I'll have to dress the part.~
Kyntroice inquires about where he might find a tailor who deals in high fashion.